Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe 5 speed.

+17
ryguy79
Turbofrog
Tailhappy
Omni
1300ZUK
SBF
big_jesus
Honor
dunnas
JaysonAych
zdc_LarryRX
milleniahead
Aristotle
xtine
ascona
TheWoerus
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Buying a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe 5 speed. - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe 5 speed.

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:08 am

Aristotle wrote:you should cut the springs out, too

reminds me of that time i got banned from a dutch daihatsu forum for saying cutting springs is bad. . .
ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Buying a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe 5 speed. - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe 5 speed.

Post by Aristotle Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:16 am

well, the dutch are crazy.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 am

Aristotle wrote:well, the dutch are crazy.

really, they said i didn't know what i was talking about, and that the one who cut the springs filed the cut off part in a way that it wouldn't cut in his struts . . .

ok, i'll admit i don't know what i'm talkin bout, butn i do know that springs aren't to be cut, because of progressiveness and such. and because of safety.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Well, it's official. Bought the car. Picking it up at 2:00 today. ffffuck.

This was much less fun than I thought it would be.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:06 pm

OMG I HAS TEH VTEC NOW!!!!!
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Ascona wrote:
Aristotle wrote:well, the dutch are crazy.

really, they said i didn't know what i was talking about, and that the one who cut the springs filed the cut off part in a way that it wouldn't cut in his struts . . .

ok, i'll admit i don't know what i'm talkin bout, butn i do know that springs aren't to be cut, because of progressiveness and such. and because of safety.
Cutting springs on modern cars is just retarded. :curses:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:18 pm

TheWoerus wrote:Well, it's official. Bought the car. Picking it up at 2:00 today. ffffuck.

That's because you went main stream and bought a civic. :thwak:

Seriously, if there's any way out of it still then take it. You'll get a loan from a bank in a month.

I looked up used cars yesterday and a 3rd gen Miata was a lot cheaper here than I thought.

Here you go. NC Miata in Calgary, 21K kms for $19K http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=32691145&pgno=1&srt=1

The civic will be exciting and new for a couple of weeks but a miata will keep you happy for months.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:21 pm

dunnas wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:Well, it's official. Bought the car. Picking it up at 2:00 today. ffffuck.

That's because you went main stream and bought a civic. :thwak:

Seriously, if there's any way out of it still then take it. You'll get a loan from a bank in a month.

I looked up used cars yesterday and a 3rd gen Miata was a lot cheaper here than I thought.

Here you go. NC Miata in Calgary, 21K kms for $19K http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=32691145&pgno=1&srt=1

The civic will be exciting and new for a couple of weeks but a miata will keep you happy for months.

A miata will keep me happy until I want to stick a kayak on the top of it. The civic will do everything I want for a decent price, and it'll last as long as I need it to.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:34 pm

I seriously don't have a problem at all with you getting the civic if you're trully happy with it. However, are Kayaks seriously something you'll be buying in the next year or two and using regularly?

Forgive me for my scepticism but it did take about 48 years for you to get around to buying a car. Are you really going to be kayaking sometime soon?

Buying and selling a used miata over a couple of years really wouldn't cost you too much and could give you the chance to own a car you'd really love to own for a while.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:37 pm

dunnas wrote:I seriously don't have a problem at all with you getting the civic if you're trully happy with it. However, are Kayaks seriously something you'll be buying in the next year or two and using regularly?

Forgive me for my scepticism but it did take about 48 years for you to get around to buying a car. Are you really going to be kayaking sometime soon?

Buying and selling a used miata over a couple of years really wouldn't cost you too much and could give you the chance to own a car you'd really love to own for a while.

Yeah I know. I'm hoping to get into kayaking next spring though. So it would be something fairly immediate. I don't know. I'd rather have a Miata for the driving experience. But the used cars aren't going anywhere, there's nothing stopping me from grabbing a used one in a couple of years if I really want it.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:54 pm

wow, i cant believe you finally did it. have the wally wagon stuffed and put on your mantle..
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:20 pm

yeah, what're you gonna do with the wagon?

you should keep it for its awd .

edit: and turbo it. and cut the springs.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:02 pm

:roflmao:

i've had buyer's regret after every big purchase i've ever made.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:11 pm

yeah, the wallywagon should be converted into a rallycross car
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:13 pm

big_jesus wrote:yeah, the wallywagon should be converted into a rallycross car

seriously, right?

strip it down, bolt on turbo, cheap suspention mods. . .
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:58 pm

Aristotle wrote:

Oh yeah, I know that well. why the fuck did I buy a wii? :smelly:

It was tax return money I could have used far more wisely.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:20 pm

dunnas wrote:
Aristotle wrote:

you could buy wiifit. and get in shape, thus attracting more girls to start families with and make dozens (or 2, unlike them damned bogans . . . or those shitty abbos) of babies wub

best money spent ever.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Ascona wrote:
dunnas wrote:
Aristotle wrote:

you could buy wiifit. and get in shape, thus attracting more girls to start families with and make dozens (or 2, unlike them damned bogans . . . or those shitty abbos) of babies wub

best money spent ever.

I may have admitted that I love kids but that doesn't mean I actually want any anytime soon. :huh:

As for wii fit, that costs as much as 3 games i could buy from overseas for the 360, not that I can afford any right now. Even if I could afford it does it really generally help people lose weight? :unsure:

You sem to have money coming out of your ass. Did you want to buy it for me? :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:00 pm

awesome car - my dad has a 4dr auto and the build quality is incredible for what you're paying

honda manuals are soooooo smooth too. Especially the new gen

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:08 pm

dunnas wrote:
Ascona wrote:
dunnas wrote:
Aristotle wrote:

best money spent ever.

I may have admitted that I love kids but that doesn't mean I actually want any anytime soon. :huh:

As for wii fit, that costs as much as 3 games i could buy from overseas for the 360, not that I can afford any right now. Even if I could afford it does it really generally help people lose weight? :unsure:

You sem to have money coming out of your ass. Did you want to buy it for me? :dunnas:

whats it cost?
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:42 pm

911 wrote:awesome car - my dad has a 4dr auto and the build quality is incredible for what you're paying

honda manuals are soooooo smooth too. Especially the new gen

Yeah man. After the wally wagon this 5 speed is SO slick. I love it.

Honestly this car is great. For the price, I think I'd be hard pressed to find a car which combines all the elements of economy, fuel use, performance, transmission, and space. The Subarus were almost $5000.00 more expensive around here, and you couldn't get $1000 back from the government. The only thing I was iffy about was whether I should have picked up a sedan instead of the coupe.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:25 pm

that's odd. i just went to honda.ca,. and the civic coupe lx costs at least 25k, rather than the 20k mentionned in the first post. . .

and that's 4000 euros more expencive than the cheapest 1.8 in belgium :smelly: and that's just the hatchback, since the coupe isn't available here :smelly:

and to think i'm already thankful i don't live in the netherlands . . .

in other news, my 4wd 5speed car would've been a K cheaper, if they sold it over there in canada . . . would've been a slower 1.5 with 30hp less, and a higher fuel consumption . . .
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Ascona wrote:that's odd. i just went to honda.ca,. and the civic coupe lx costs at least 25k, rather than the 20k mentionned in the first post. . .

and that's 4000 euros more expencive than the cheapest 1.8 in belgium :smelly: and that's just the hatchback, since the coupe isn't available here :smelly:

in other news, my 4wd 5speed car would've been a K cheaper, if they sold it over there in canada . . . would've been a slower 1.5 with 30hp less, and a higher fuel consumption . . .

How the fuck are you figuring that? I just did it myself, and it comes out to $22,575.00 before tax, $23,829.75 after tax. Not that it matters. Why would you bother doing that anyway?

You probably forgot to switch province of purchase to Alberta.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:49 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Ascona wrote:that's odd. i just went to honda.ca,. and the civic coupe lx costs at least 25k, rather than the 20k mentionned in the first post. . .

How the fuck are you figuring that? I just did it myself, and it comes out to $22,575.00 before tax, $23,829.75 after tax. Not that it matters. Why would you bother doing that anyway?

You probably forgot to switch province of purchase to Alberta.

i went to honda.ca, chose the civic coupe, selected the LX, and no options whatsoever.

i did that to compare prices with the belgian one, to check what the exact difference would be with the materia . . .
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:52 pm

Coupe page

1: Trim, Transmission, Colour 2: Accessories & Honda Plus 3: Pricing & Financing Plans

4: Finance Summary
Your Financing Information:
Type: + Cash
MSRP: + $21,280.00
Freight & PDI: + $1,295.00
Vehicle Price + $22,575.00
Federal Air Conditioner Tax: + $100.00
Fuel Conservation Tax: + ($100.00)
GST: + $1,128.75
PST + $1,806.00
Net Vehicle Price: + $25,509.75
Upon delivery
Total Cost Due Upon Delivery: + $25,509.75
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Ascona wrote:Coupe page

1: Trim, Transmission, Colour 2: Accessories & Honda Plus 3: Pricing & Financing Plans

4: Finance Summary
Your Financing Information:
Type: + Cash
MSRP: + $21,280.00
Freight & PDI: + $1,295.00
Vehicle Price + $22,575.00
Federal Air Conditioner Tax: + $100.00
Fuel Conservation Tax: + ($100.00)
GST: + $1,128.75
PST + $1,806.00
Net Vehicle Price: + $25,509.75
Upon delivery
Total Cost Due Upon Delivery: + $25,509.75

I live in Alberta not Ontario. Go back and do it again.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:32 pm

which are the ontario specific factors? anyway, this is the only quote iu'm able to get, appearantly . . .
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:25 am

i play my wii about once every 2 months or so. my ps3 i play even less. i play my 360 several times a week though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:28 am

wow, I think you posted in the wrong section there honor :mellow:

*edit* Never mind, you just for got to quote, I saw your post like 90 posts ago.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:31 am

Wally, what did you get for options and such? did you get a bare bones Civic coupe.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:41 am

SBF wrote:wow, I think you posted in the wrong section there honor :mellow:

*edit* Never mind, you just for got to quote, I saw your post like 90 posts ago.

:curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:03 am

SBF wrote:Wally, what did you get for options and such? did you get a bare bones Civic coupe.

I stepped up to the LX, over the DX here in Canada. That adds things like 16 inch alloys, heated rear view mirrors, power locks, remote entry... that kind of thing. No additional options on top of that though.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:16 am

I built one on the US site. An LX, it doesn't come with the mag wheels though, I put in fog lights and a subwoofer and it came out to a little under $19k USD.

The wheels were optional, but a $1200 option. I'd tell Honda to fuck themselves I could go buy a nicer set of wheel and good tires for under $600.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:24 am

everyone is buying these new civics. one guy i work with got an 07 lx sedan about 6 months ago, another girl i work with just got an 08 coupe about a month ago, and another guy i work with got an 08 lx sedan about a month ago. id like to get one too if i find a good deal on one. preferably an si though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:27 am

I think i'm going to fall asleep

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:38 pm

SBF wrote:I built one on the US site. An LX, it doesn't come with the mag wheels though, I put in fog lights and a subwoofer and it came out to a little under $19k USD.

The wheels were optional, but a $1200 option. I'd tell Honda to fuck themselves I could go buy a nicer set of wheel and good tires for under $600.

I think the LX in the states and the LX in Canada are a little different. In Canada we have the DX-G which I think is equivalent to the LX in the States, while the LX here is the EX in the States.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:39 pm

1300ZUK wrote:I think i'm going to fall asleep

Whatever man. I just don't give that much of a shit about cars anymore. This will do the job until I can get something better.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:41 pm

Honor Kleinberger wrote:everyone is buying these new civics. one guy i work with got an 07 lx sedan about 6 months ago, another girl i work with just got an 08 coupe about a month ago, and another guy i work with got an 08 lx sedan about a month ago. id like to get one too if i find a good deal on one. preferably an si though.

Its a pretty sweet deal, for what you get and how much you pay. The Si looks really nice, but it's also a lot more money.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:25 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Honor Kleinberger wrote:everyone is buying these new civics. one guy i work with got an 07 lx sedan about 6 months ago, another girl i work with just got an 08 coupe about a month ago, and another guy i work with got an 08 lx sedan about a month ago. id like to get one too if i find a good deal on one. preferably an si though.

Its a pretty sweet deal, for what you get and how much you pay. The Si looks really nice, but it's also a lot more money.

Agreed. If you're concerned with performance I personally wouldn't get a civic si. As for hondas in general, I had really good luck with my accord. It had over 200k on it when I sold it and I wouldn't be surprised if it was still kickin.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:03 pm

It's funny, there's a time where I said I would only buy an Si. Now I'm quite sure that if I bought a car it would be almost exactly like Wally's. Maybe the EX so I can get a sunroof.

I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next