Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to pass the weekends in Cold Lake

+11
Dodge
Omni
JaysonAych
thewalrus
Honor
SBF
Aristotle
Olds
Swerve
1300ZUK
millertime
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to pass the weekends in Cold Lake Empty How to pass the weekends in Cold Lake

Post by millertime Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Well, Christmas is approaching. Which means I am moving out of my apartment in edmonton. Going back home for 2 weeks, and then moving up to Cold Lake on Jan 5th to live there 7 days a week. Aside from working 7 days a week when I am up there, I am thinking of different things I could do to pass the time on weekends.

Anyone have any ideas?
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

How to pass the weekends in Cold Lake Empty Re: How to pass the weekends in Cold Lake

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Cold Lake, Go for a swim and see if the name fits :roflmao:

post pics

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

How to pass the weekends in Cold Lake Empty Re: How to pass the weekends in Cold Lake

Post by Swerve Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:49 pm

After watching a couple of episodes of Ice Road Truckers, I suggest staying indoors. That climate is the reason video games and DVDs exist.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:15 pm

Man up, sissy. Take up hunting.
Olds
Olds
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:13 pm

get a fucking gun.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:49 am

You could build model cars

And huff the glue afterwards
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Aristotle wrote:get a fucking gun.

Is this tied to Old's post in anyway?
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:06 pm

nah, i just meant in general. Very Happy
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Aristotle wrote:nah, i just meant in general. Very Happy

I cant be bothered.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:20 pm

:curses:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:37 pm

buy an xbox 360 you fucking vagina
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:29 pm

ps3! :thwak:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:34 pm

Aristotle wrote:ps3! :thwak:

+1 I'd love a PS3.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:39 pm

it's really all i think about these days.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:40 pm

Aristotle wrote:it's really all i think about these days.

Are we ever going to get PS3s Aris?

Or, when we do get them will they be such big disappointments that we're plunged even further into rue, and woe.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:41 pm

I might head down to Best Buy today to look at PS3s. Maybe some of the other stuff I wish I could afford to own. Like a TV bigger than 12 inches.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:46 pm

wally, i shall address both of your posts forthwith:

1) i think we just may someday, and, yes, they will be.

2) i've been there. it only feels good for the first minute or two you're inside the store. then the high goes away.

:undies:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Aristotle wrote:wally, i shall address both of your posts forthwith:

2) i've been there. it only feels good for the first minute or two you're inside the store. then the high goes away.

1) Probably when the PS5 comes out.

2) Yeah, it's like walking into paradise, until you start looking at the price tags and remembering your credit limit.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:53 pm

every time i walk into best buy, i get this initial rush of infinite potential. i wander lustfully through the aisles and fondle the firm polypropylene packaging.

when i'm walking out with my spool of blank dvds and printer ink, i just feel violated and empty.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:54 pm

blam.gif
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:13 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Aristotle wrote:wally, i shall address both of your posts forthwith:

1) Probably when the PS5 comes out.

2) Yeah, it's like walking into paradise, until you start looking at the price tags and remembering your credit limit.

haha TD is offering me an $8500 line of credit. I know I don't have the self discipline to go anywhere near it.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:16 pm

I am lending my 55" LCD to my friends because I have no way to get it to cold lake in my little car.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:41 am

It seems like blu ray is one of the only reasons the PS3 is still alive. The 360 has almost all the same games plus a lot that playstation doesn't. The PS3 doesn't offer many exclusive games that I'm at all interested in.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:49 am

My suggestion:

How to pass the weekends in Cold Lake Miller10
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:42 am

that lake looks pretty warm
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 am

Dodge wrote:that lake looks pretty warm

I know. I was going to put in some ice cubes but I got lazy. :jay:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:07 am

Omni wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao: The AF spirit at it's best.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:25 am

Do they have broadband up there?
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:39 am

thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao: The AF spirit at it's best.
:cheers:

:aris:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Omni wrote:

It seems like blu ray is one of the only reasons the PS3 is still alive. The 360 has almost all the same games plus a lot that playstation doesn't. The PS3 doesn't offer many exclusive games that I'm at all interested in.

yeah, xbox has a better library, but the exclusives i really care about are on the ps3. (metal gear, god of war, little big planet).

i'd really like both consoles, but i have to get a new comp, so there's just no way.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Aristotle wrote:
Omni wrote:

yeah, xbox has a better library, but the exclusives i really care about are on the ps3. (metal gear, god of war, little big planet).

i'd really like both consoles, but i have to get a new comp, so there's just no way.

haha I don't care, to be honest. I just think the PS3 looks better.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:16 pm

wally :roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Aristotle wrote:wally :roflmao:

I'm so out of it it hurts.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:19 pm

I mean shit. I know exactly what would happen. I'd buy a PS3 or an XBox or whatever with one or two games. I'd play them for a couple days - just like I do with my computer games. Then I'd forget about them. The whole thing would just end up being a fancy, expensive DVD player. Might as well look nice in that case.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:24 pm

Isn't there some british gaming console? There is probably some in-depth tea steeping simulation you'd go apeshit over.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Omni wrote:

i'm with aris. sure, the Xbox has a bigger catalog, but the exclusives on PS3 are the only ones i care about. GT5, GoW, MGS, Little Big Planet, etc.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:54 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Aristotle wrote:
Omni wrote:

jesus christ
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:59 pm

VS wrote:Isn't there some british gaming console? There is probably some in-depth tea steeping simulation you'd go apeshit over.

I'd prefer a game that simulated reading philosophy by a fireplace in my evening gown.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:00 pm

big_jesus wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Aristotle wrote:
Omni wrote:

jesus christ
it does.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:24 pm

I am so very, very unpopular.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next