Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate Cold Lake

+6
00ranger
ascona
dunnas
Aristotle
The_Edge
millertime
10 posters

Go down

I hate Cold Lake Empty I hate Cold Lake

Post by millertime Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Actually, I mostly just hate my living arrangements in Cold Lake. My roomate is a smoker. I told him the smoking in the house bothers me. So now he just smokes in his room. So instead of breathing in second hand smoke right away. All my shit now smells like stale smoke. The mattress is like 10 years old, and there is no door on the bedroom. This week I will be asking to move, but the only vacancies are in cheap motels with no freezer.

I realize my first year should feel like boot camp. But I should be at least able to go to sleep at night in a comfortable bed. I grew up in million dollar homes, and the last 4 years I put up with shitty living conditions while I was going to school.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

I hate Cold Lake Empty Re: I hate Cold Lake

Post by The_Edge Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:06 pm

millertime wrote:Actually, I mostly just hate my living arrangements in Cold Lake. My roomate is a smoker. I told him the smoking in the house bothers me. So now he just smokes in his room. So instead of breathing in second hand smoke right away. All my shit now smells like stale smoke. The mattress is like 10 years old, and there is no door on the bedroom. This week I will be asking to move, but the only vacancies are in cheap motels with no freezer.

I realize my first year should feel like boot camp. But I should be at least able to go to sleep at night in a comfortable bed. I grew up in million dollar homes, and the last 4 years I put up with shitty living conditions while I was going to school.

"All my shit now smells like stale smoke." ===> Better than smelling like shit. If everyone's shit smelled like smoke, the world would be a much more pleasant place.

"The mattress is like 10 years old, and there is no door on the bedroom." Ok, no sex with your mattress.... that does it. Tell me where these fuckers are and I will yell to them and piss on their door. :sonofscreamo:

"I grew up in million dollar homes" Donut, is that you? :gah
The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:11 pm

i'd rather be in the motel than living with some guy that smokes. even if it's in his own room, that shit is like ebola and goes everywhere.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:13 pm

Aristotle wrote:i'd rather be in the motel than living with some guy that smokes. even if it's in his own room, that shit is like ebola and goes everywhere.

I smoke :zachsgotgas:

But I am considerate enough to do it either in a balcony (if I was sharing a room) or outside the building/on a smoker's spot...
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Does it make you feel dirty if your mattresses aren't at least in their teens. :saynomore: :millertime:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:50 pm

appearantly, the edge has alot of experience with locations where everything smells like shit. and apearantly, he likes to smell other people's shit, too.

rod, there's no door to piss on. that's the entire point.
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 00ranger Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:55 pm

smoking is a fucking disgusting habbit
00ranger
00ranger
No no...more like RUE WOEger
No no...more like RUE WOEger

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:13 pm

Ascona wrote:appearantly, the edge has alot of experience with locations where everything smells like shit. and apearantly, he likes to smell other people's shit, too.

rod, there's no door to piss on. that's the entire point.

:whatever:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 pm

00ranger wrote:smoking is a fucking disgusting habbit

Your avatar is back :)
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicmæse Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:48 pm

why the fuck are you there in the first place ?

sonicmæse
Drinking a refreshing glass of my tears

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:42 am

so basically you are getting bitchslapped by the real world. fucking sweet.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:44 am

sonicmæse wrote:why the fuck are you there in the first place ?

Because I applied to this company with plans to work in Edmonton for the Summer. First day on the job I find out they are sending me to Cold Lake for the next year. I am actually pretty cool with it, they pay me an extra $75 tax free per day to work out of town, and they pay for my living accomodation. And the work is fairly interesting. I just have a problem with where they have me sleeping. I really wish I had just said I wanted a Motel when they asked me on the first week. Now I am just going to sound like a complainer.

I have reached the point now where I don't care if I sound like a complainer though. Even for $55K after tax it ain't worth it, My health and comfort is better than any job.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:46 am

ryguy79 wrote:so basically you are getting bitchslapped by the real world. fucking sweet.

ya pretty much.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:56 am

if they're giving you cash for accommodations, i'd just go to the motel. fuck that dude.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:59 am

The_Edge wrote:
Aristotle wrote:i'd rather be in the motel than living with some guy that smokes. even if it's in his own room, that shit is like ebola and goes everywhere.

But I am considerate enough to do it either in a balcony (if I was sharing a room) or outside the building/on a smoker's spot...

quit now!
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:11 am

You first. :smellywub:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:01 am

Aristotle wrote:if they're giving you cash for accommodations, i'd just go to the motel. fuck that dude.

Well, they don't technically give you cash for it. They actually find the accommodation and pay the landlord/motel. And its next to an Air Force base. So vacancies are tight right now during training season.

But don't you worry. I will be moving.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 am

The_Edge wrote:

You do realize that you still reek of it when you come back inside, and anything you sit on, or discard your smelly clothing on is then going to smell like smoke, right?

Probably not because YOU are used to it, but people who like to live long and breath normally are not.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:27 pm

millertime wrote:
ryguy79 wrote:so basically you are getting bitchslapped by the real world. fucking sweet.

ya pretty much.

that sucks. the sweet part was sarcasm.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicmæse Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:27 pm

what is your job?

sonicmæse

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:59 pm

miller is an engineer. i think he's working on oil sands-related projects.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicmæse Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:38 am

my buddy is doing earth and space science and he wants to work on the oil sands projects, apparently they pay geologists a dickpot of money

sonicmæse

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:20 am

Who'd have thought a place called Cold Lake (in Canada, of all the already-freezing places) would be an uncomfortable place to live?

But I too hate smokers. Especially when I have poker nights and one of my mates who always asks for the heater to be turned on spends most of his night outside smoking, leaving the door open for all the heat to escape anyway.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:14 am

Swerve wrote:Who'd have thought a place called Cold Lake (in Canada, of all the already-freezing places) would be an uncomfortable place to live?

But I too hate smokers. Especially when I have poker nights and one of my mates who always asks for the heater to be turned on spends most of his night outside smoking, leaving the door open for all the heat to escape anyway.
If you let him smoke inside that wouldn't be an issue now would it. -_-
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:15 am

sonicmæse wrote:my buddy is doing earth and space science and he wants to work on the oil sands projects, apparently they pay geologists a dickpot of money

yes they do. geologists for big oil make a ton.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:15 am

or a barrel.

lllllllllllllllol i'm hilarious
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:46 am

Aristotle wrote:or a barrel.

lllllllllllllllol i'm hilarious

yes. yes you are.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:46 am

no seriously, i LOL'd
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:32 am

Well, they moved me into a basement suite with one of our labourers. Its not a bad place actually. better than my hole in Edmonton anyway.

And for those who don't know, I am a project coordinator for a large general contractor. We are building a high school in cold lake, as well as finishing off a community college and Rec center which are attached to it. I am currently in charge of overseeing our own men and subcontractors deficiencies in the rec center and college. For the high school i do everything from safety inspections to dealing with design issues that need to be rectified.

honestly, I love my Job. I work from 7am till 7 or 8pm everyday, go out for dinner, go home, and go to sleep. And no one bugs me about working too much.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down