Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

+17
ryguy79
Dodge
dunnas
Swerve
Pennzoil GT-R
Turbojett
Aristotle
thewalrus
Omni
SBF
zdc_LarryRX
Tailhappy
Talon
JaysonAych
Honor
big_jesus
21 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 14 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by Honor Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:46 pm

I dont know how some of the people on the top of the kills leaderboard do it. Some of them have k/d ratios of over 50, and one guy has a kill streak of 848 or something. :sids motherfuckin a
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 14 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by VS Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Stat-padders. I think my best round in cod4 was like 50/1 though. That isn't like a common occurrence, especially with all the campers.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:a few years ago i played mostly pc games. battlefield 2, mafia, roller coaster tycoon 3, rainbow six raven shield, flight simulator, age of empires games, rome total war, sid meier's pirates, but now it's the other way around. i do miss pc gaming though, im sure there are alot of good games im missing out on.

The only kind of game that I don't think I can play on a console is strategy games. I don't think those will ever translate well onto consoles. Just look at Halo Wars... it plays like "my first RTS"

Thats what I mean, controllers dont have enough buttons for a game which requires you to be in charge of so much. You pretty much have to use a PC..

Remember when we tried playing Red Alert on PS1? God that was so awkward compared to PC.

Last edited by Honor on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:49 pm

VS wrote:Stat-padders. I think my best round in cod4 was like 50/1 though. That isn't like a common occurrence, especially with all the campers.

I used to get scores like that in Battlefield 2, but that was flying around in the plane carpet bombing people with the Su-34 though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:50 pm

The other day i went 25/0 on creek. I only play hardcore ffa though.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Speaking of BF2, have you guys checked out videos of bf:bad company 2? Shit looks awesome.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:54 pm

yeah. i am still trying to play borderlands and assassin's creed II right now. too...many...games.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Is there a way in MW2 to get multiple perks on a weapon? I swear I've picked up others' weapons that have more than one but it only lets me put one on at a time. IE, if I use the silencer I can't use the red-dot or 'nade launcher.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 pm

"Bling" from the tier 1 perks
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:53 am

Honor wrote:I think if you played it on PC again for a while you would think the controls are more precise. Maybe not as comfortable as a controller, but you are less limited on PC.

I'd have to feel like I was limited on the controller to actually give a shit. When it comes to fps I see no reason to play on a pc anymore.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:35 pm

theres not really. dealing with all the hassle of PCs makes it not worth it imo. i wouldnt say i feel limited with a controller, but i definitely feel more in control with a mouse and keyboard.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:42 pm

I can't justify the price of a console, and would have pretty much zero inclination to play shooters on one, anyway. I don't invest enough of my time in gaming to care, really, so if I see the odd PC title that interests me I'll go for it.

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:46 pm

yeah if you dont game that much then i wouldnt get a console. then again wouldnt you not be able to play many games on pc since youd probably have a pretty basic machine?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Honor wrote:yeah if you dont game that much then i wouldnt get a console. then again wouldnt you not be able to play many games on pc since youd probably have a pretty basic machine?
I do 3D CAD work and illustration, so I have a pretty solid desktop.

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Are there any rewards for collecting all the laptops in the one-player mode? I am going back through and collecting them all...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:05 am

in COD4 it unlocked special gameplay modes like black and white and shit. It probably does the same.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:08 am

yeah it wasn't worth it in cod4 thats for damn sure lol
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:28 am

VS wrote:in COD4 it unlocked special gameplay modes like black and white and shit. It probably does the same.

Yea, but it also gave a 'cheats' option when pausing. I think I got them all but one and the slow-mo' mode was pretty cool. I've got four or five of them so far in MW2 but I haven't seen anything online on within the game that alludes to any sort of reward.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:16 pm

I rented MW2 today, just got past the Rio level. God damn, that kicked my ass.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:19 am

Anyone have any favorite guns, classes, etc? Personally I like the SCAR a lot and I use the FAL on longer range stages. It's annoying how you almost have to have stopping power for silenced weapons to be effective. I use cold blooded and ninja pro a lot just so I can sneak up on all the fucking campers.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:07 am

Right now my go-to is the SCAR with ACOG, speed reload, stopping power (lv2), and the 'shoot from the hip' perk whatever it's called. Depending on the map I will use the thermal scope but it's field of view is so small I do better with the ACOG. I am going to have to put the 'nade launcher on it to get the shotgun and my SCAR will have unlocked everything.

I don't like the three-shot burst guns. Sometimes full auto is necessary, so the FAL, M16 and the other one aren't good for me. Haven't unlocked the ACR but I don't see how it could be better than the SCAR seeing how all the bars are about the same except rate of fire is lower. If I ever get that high I will try it out.

And even though it pwns your k/d and winning percentages, Free-For-All is the way to go to upgrade weapons. So mich easier to get a lot of kills in a short period of time than Deathmatch.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:47 am

Is there still hardcore mode? Once i played hardcore i never played regular again.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:25 am

I wish ACOGs were cheaper in real life. I want this one:

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 14 TA01ECOSweb

$1,650. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck. Woe
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:43 am

VS wrote:Is there still hardcore mode? Once i played hardcore i never played regular again.

I'll have to try hardcore. I play Mercenary TDM but lately I've had horrible luck. Almost all the teams I end up on are fucking terrible so I either end up as one of the only people who are positive or get my ass handed to me with the rest of the team.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:50 am

Hardcore is the shit since it makes basically every weapon lethal. Juggernaut is useless in that mode, and stopping power is redundant, so you get to mess around with other perks.

Since i have only played cod4 multi though i don't know the perks cod6 has.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Talon wrote:I wish ACOGs were cheaper in real life. I want this one:

id rather just use iron sights and have the 1600 bucks..

we arent soldiers, what are we shooting at besides paper targets? (which does get pretty boring)
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:58 am

VS wrote:Hardcore is the shit since it makes basically every weapon lethal. Juggernaut is useless in that mode, and stopping power is redundant, so you get to mess around with other perks.

Juggernaut is gone. Stopping power is still there though. I tried out hardcore tonight and so far I'm really liking it a lot better. It eliminates a lot of the bullshit and makes the run and gun style of play actually legit again. The last match I played tonight I was the number one guy on my team and got the last kill as the timer was going down. We won by one kill. :ak:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:59 am

Honor wrote:

we arent soldiers, what are we shooting at besides paper targets? (which does get pretty boring)

Yeah, that's the thing. I like my rifle but the paper targets get old. I need to find someone with a farm who will let me shoot whatever the hell I want.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:14 am

Omni wrote:
VS wrote:Hardcore is the shit since it makes basically every weapon lethal. Juggernaut is useless in that mode, and stopping power is redundant, so you get to mess around with other perks.

Juggernaut is gone. Stopping power is still there though. I tried out hardcore tonight and so far I'm really liking it a lot better. It eliminates a lot of the bullshit and makes the run and gun style of play actually legit again. The last match I played tonight I was the number one guy on my team and got the last kill as the timer was going down. We won by one kill. :ak:

That's all i do is straight up run and gun. It still has tons of barnacles though.

I call campers barnacles since they can camp like 2 feet away from eachother and never venture over to kill the other guy, they are like fucking filterfeeders.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Honor wrote:

Because they are tacti-cool. :snipe:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 am

VS wrote:
Omni wrote:

That's all i do is straight up run and gun. It still has tons of barnacles though.

I call campers barnacles since they can camp like 2 feet away from eachother and never venture over to kill the other guy, they are like fucking filterfeeders.

Haha, this is true. The camping in this game is a lot worse in general. In hardcore people camp to the extreme but in most levels I can usually figure out a way to flank them and since there is no killcam they will never know where I came from.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:25 am

Talon wrote:
Omni wrote:Does anyone else hate the amount of camping in this game? It seems a lot worse than in the first one and it drives me fucking nuts. Now that people are getting to know the stages and settling in it seems like if you play anything but mercenary people just camp nonstop. I don't really see how camping so much is fun at all.

I've always been more of a run and gunner and I enjoy that tactic a lot more but I'm going to have to stop doing it because of all these fucking campers. :curses:

Yea, faggots. 90% of the time I die I get shot in the back after coming around a corner. Sucks because people like myself, who can't play for 16 hours a day, get royally screwed in online. I played a little bit yesterday and finally got a good k:d ratio, went like 12:6 or something. The reason is because I killed a guy and got his M16 w/ heartbeat sensor, grenade launcher, and that heat-sensor scope or whatever it is. It was so easy to find and kill people. I got the Predator bomb and killed more people. Eventually I died and I got my HK UMP and revolver back. Gee, how fair is that? So it's the people who know the maps the best and practice the most also get the best weapons...? :shrug: It's very frustrating and discourages people like me to play. I finally got the M4A1 with grenade launcher and still have the iron sights, so at least I can be a little competitive but it's still frustrating when people on the other team know where I am and have an ACOG on their SCAR or something.

PS - I want a SCAR in real life. :hmmm: :ak:

this is pissing me off. i started on a new profile and its fucking stupid how the low level people get screwed. so not only do the people who play all the time have more experience and know all the maps, but they also have all the best guns and perks too. that sounds pretty fair to me. fuck this game.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 am

Honor wrote:
Talon wrote:
Omni wrote:Does anyone else hate the amount of camping in this game? It seems a lot worse than in the first one and it drives me fucking nuts. Now that people are getting to know the stages and settling in it seems like if you play anything but mercenary people just camp nonstop. I don't really see how camping so much is fun at all.

I've always been more of a run and gunner and I enjoy that tactic a lot more but I'm going to have to stop doing it because of all these fucking campers. :curses:

Yea, faggots. 90% of the time I die I get shot in the back after coming around a corner. Sucks because people like myself, who can't play for 16 hours a day, get royally screwed in online. I played a little bit yesterday and finally got a good k:d ratio, went like 12:6 or something. The reason is because I killed a guy and got his M16 w/ heartbeat sensor, grenade launcher, and that heat-sensor scope or whatever it is. It was so easy to find and kill people. I got the Predator bomb and killed more people. Eventually I died and I got my HK UMP and revolver back. Gee, how fair is that? So it's the people who know the maps the best and practice the most also get the best weapons...? :shrug: It's very frustrating and discourages people like me to play. I finally got the M4A1 with grenade launcher and still have the iron sights, so at least I can be a little competitive but it's still frustrating when people on the other team know where I am and have an ACOG on their SCAR or something.

this is pissing me off. i started on a new profile and its fucking stupid how the low level people get screwed. so not only do the people who play all the time have more experience and know all the maps, but they also have all the best guns and perks too. that sounds pretty fair to me. fuck this game.

It doesn't take that long to get good guns. You get the scar early.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:01 am

Honor wrote:
Talon wrote:

Why did you make a new profile? I thought about doing that on my PS3 because I don't like the name I picked, but I can't or I'll have to start all over again for online stuff and DLC (??) I think.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:13 am

A couple of things that piss me off too:

1) Trying to pass the FMJ challenge. You have to kill 40 guys through a wall or some shit. I am finding this to be a royal bitch. So when I see a guy run behind a wall, I am supposed to spray-and-pray at the wall and give away my position? I've probably played a dozen games with FMJ and only gotten four kills for this challenge. I want to unlock everything for the SCAR but this is getting annoying.

2) The more I play, the more it seems the game is 95% luck. I run around a corner and get shot in the side; I spawn, take five steps and get shot in the back; I spawn, take three steps and get hit with a Harrier bomb; spawn again and get wasted my a chopper; spawn again and get wasted by the same chopper because I can't run to safety fast enough... repeat. I got killed four times in a row by a chopper because it kept spawning me in the middle of a field and I couldn't do anything about it. Some times there will be a couple of choppers at a time, so all I can do is find a building and just stand there until they’re gone. Unless you have the Javelin or something, you just have to sit it out and wait… Zzzzzz

And btw, why the fuck does the FN SCAR only hold 20 rounds? The real deal takes AR mags! And the ACR does a good bit less damage than the SCAR per shot?? They shoot the same damn round! Did they ramp up the damage of the SCAR because it only - falsely - has a 20 round mag?

Some things in this game just make me Suspect :shrug: :grrr: :diepcdie: :facepalm:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:07 am

Talon wrote:A couple of things that piss me off too:

1) Trying to pass the FMJ challenge. You have to kill 40 guys through a wall or some shit. I am finding this to be a royal bitch. So when I see a guy run behind a wall, I am supposed to spray-and-pray at the wall and give away my position? I've probably played a dozen games with FMJ and only gotten four kills for this challenge. I want to unlock everything for the SCAR but this is getting annoying.

2) The more I play, the more it seems the game is 95% luck. I run around a corner and get shot in the side; I spawn, take five steps and get shot in the back; I spawn, take three steps and get hit with a Harrier bomb; spawn again and get wasted my a chopper; spawn again and get wasted by the same chopper because I can't run to safety fast enough... repeat. I got killed four times in a row by a chopper because it kept spawning me in the middle of a field and I couldn't do anything about it. Some times there will be a couple of choppers at a time, so all I can do is find a building and just stand there until they’re gone. Unless you have the Javelin or something, you just have to sit it out and wait… Zzzzzz

And btw, why the fuck does the FN SCAR only hold 20 rounds? The real deal takes AR mags! And the ACR does a good bit less damage than the SCAR per shot?? They shoot the same damn round! Did they ramp up the damage of the SCAR because it only - falsely - has a 20 round mag?

Some things in this game just make me Suspect :shrug: :grrr: :diepcdie: :facepalm:

Killing people through the wall is easy as shit, the hit indicator acts as a crosshair too, just spray until your hit indicator goes nuts. As for the SCAR, it's probably a SCAR-H, a 7.62 version with 20rd mags.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 am

There are also plenty of low walls or windows where you can see exactly where somebody is and can shoot them through the cover rather than the exposed parts of them.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:27 am

Well, if it is the SCAR-H that would make sense then on both the capacity and damage.

What's the hit indicator? That white X that's on the screen? I've never noticed it do anything. Does it change colors when you hit someone? :unsure:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:33 am

that white x means you are hitting flesh.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:37 am

The white x is always there, though, right? It changes size depending if you're still or running, etc...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next