Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

+17
ryguy79
Dodge
dunnas
Swerve
Pennzoil GT-R
Turbojett
Aristotle
thewalrus
Omni
SBF
zdc_LarryRX
Tailhappy
Talon
JaysonAych
Honor
big_jesus
21 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 13 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by VS Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Yes, I've played plenty of FPS on controllers. I don't find it nearly as good as mouse and keyboard. It's difficult to explain but it is mostly due to the inherent delays built into how all the controls work on a controller.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 13 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by VS Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Honor wrote:this is really the first time ever i've seen someone saying that a controller is more precise at aiming than a mouse. for one thing with the controller you can only turn around so fast. with the mouse you can pretty much do it as fast as you can move your hand. same with aiming while zoomed in, with the controller you can only move to the left or right so fast as it will let you, with a mouse you really have no limit.

Agreed. It feels like You are in molasses trying to turn around with a controller.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Sorry Omni, you're on your own here. The preciseness of a mouse is much better than the joysticks, and the ability to be accurate quickly is also much better. Point, click, point, click. It's so easy. I much preferred it when playing CS.
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 pm

you guys are my new bests friends

now start playing TF2 <_< no heroes ftw!
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:i have all but 4 of the special ops finished on veteran. im trying to do "high explosive" right now, where you have to kill 10 juggernauts with only a grenade launcher, rpgs, and claymores/c4. its hard as shit. i can handle one at a time, but then soon they start chasing after you in waves of 2-3 and then youre pretty much fucked. :curses:

Some of those missions just don't seem possible without a buddy.

they are, you just have to play with different strategies and camp and be patient when neccesary. the last one with 15 juggernauts on the oil rig, i dont think i would have ever beat that if i didnt camp with the barret, juggernauts are fucking tough as hell. i beat wetwork last night, so now the only ones i need to beat are high explosive, and the two ones that require 2 players, (the c130 and the heli) and i will have all 69 stars. :perv:
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 pm

i dont see me ever beating high explosive by myself though, they just overwhelm you. i figured out you can actually kill them in one hit with the rpg if you hit them right in the face, and killed 4 of them that way, but it's pretty tough to pull it off when you have 2 or 3 of them running at you from all sides. and it seems like they kill you faster than normal soldiers do, even though theyre only using an m240.

also it doesnt help that the rpg is so inaccurate from anything further than pretty much point blank range. ever try to shoot down a helicopter with it? the AT4 is 10x more accurate.

Last edited by Honor on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:46 pm

VS wrote:
Honor wrote:this is really the first time ever i've seen someone saying that a controller is more precise at aiming than a mouse. for one thing with the controller you can only turn around so fast. with the mouse you can pretty much do it as fast as you can move your hand. same with aiming while zoomed in, with the controller you can only move to the left or right so fast as it will let you, with a mouse you really have no limit.

Agreed. It feels like You are in molasses trying to turn around with a controller.

yeah, if youre sniping up in a building with a controller and someone runs up behind you guns ablazing its gonna be very tough not to die unless theyre retarded. with a mouse and keyboard you at least have a fighting chance since you can turn around so quickly.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:06 pm

VS wrote:

You mean you can't spin around in a flash while being shot in the back? Weird.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:08 pm

911 wrote:
VS wrote:

I'm pretty sure my ability to accurately control my body movements corresponds way more closely to a mouse than a controller.

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:10 pm

911 wrote:
VS wrote:

no but i can usually hear a jackass with an assault riffle running full tilt behind me in time to move :smellywub:
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Dodge wrote:
911 wrote:
VS wrote:

no but i can usually hear a jackass with an assault riffle running full tilt behind me in time to move :smellywub:
Warzones are pretty loud, dude.

Turbofrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Turbofrog wrote:
Dodge wrote:
911 wrote:
VS wrote:

Warzones are pretty loud, dude.

soldiers are pretty quick
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 am

I'll just agree to disagree. Besides, while pc gamers whine and complain about the lack of dedicated servers I'll be enjoying myself killing people on the 360 so it doesn't really matter anyway.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:14 am

Honor wrote:
VS wrote:

yeah, if youre sniping up in a building with a controller and someone runs up behind you guns ablazing its gonna be very tough not to die unless theyre retarded. with a mouse and keyboard you at least have a fighting chance since you can turn around so quickly.

If pc controls are so awesome why didn't you get the game for pc?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:30 am

people get too into this stuff - i read people giving 0 star review to the 360 version of MW2 because the PC version didn't have dedicated servers

how fucking gay is that?

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 am

Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:
VS wrote:

Originally we were discussing which platform made for easier and more precise aiming, not which platform was better overall.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:11 am

I would have bought it if they didn't decide to rip dedicated servers out.

I just beat the game last night....the story was pretty absurd. I'm having more fun with spec ops than in the real singleplayer.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:45 am

911 wrote:people get too into this stuff - i read people giving 0 star review to the 360 version of MW2 because the PC version didn't have dedicated servers

how fucking gay is that?

deserving
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Talon wrote:Sorry Omni, you're on your own here. The preciseness of a mouse is much better than the joysticks, and the ability to be accurate quickly is also much better. Point, click, point, click. It's so easy. I much preferred it when playing CS.

you can't even argue it. there is no argument. someone playing with a mouse will always be a faster, more precise player. period. this is not really opinion.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:
VS wrote:

because i love the 360, and because pc gaming is a pain in the ass, i only play rts games on pc anymore and that's only because you can't play them nearly as effectively with a controller. plus if i got it for pc i wouldnt know anyone online. and the 360 controls are good, very good, but not quite as precise as a mouse and keyboard. it's not any shortcoming of the controller design really, all of them are inferior to a mouse and keyboard, as far as shooting games go anyway. i would never want to play a racing or sports game with a mouse and keyboard.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 pm

PC is a pain in the ass simply due to upgrading hardware. If you aren't into having an up to date computer it's not worth it.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:28 pm

the console controls are good enough for most situations, but sometimes when you get killed you think to yourself "man if this was on pc i would have totally killed that dude". it's not like im saying the controls are bad, or that theyre enough to make me only buy games for pc. but as far as precision goes the mouse is better. but thats like the only pro of pc gaming, everything else goes to console imo.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:31 pm

VS wrote:PC is a pain in the ass simply due to upgrading hardware. If you aren't into having an up to date computer it's not worth it.

im not even sure if mine could run cod smoothly, it's a few years old now and i have no interest in spending more money on it. 3ghz, 2gb ram, 256mb geforce 6800gt. was pretty good when i got it in 2006. with console gaming you dont have to worry about any of that shit. pop it in and play.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:33 pm

i really wanted to play that pc game crisis, but you need a ridiculous machine to run it.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:36 pm

I have crysis...it's not very much fun.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Honor wrote:
Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:
VS wrote:

because i love the 360, and because pc gaming is a pain in the ass, i only play rts games on pc anymore and that's only because you can't play them nearly as effectively with a controller. plus if i got it for pc i wouldnt know anyone online. and the 360 controls are good, very good, but not quite as precise as a mouse and keyboard. it's not any shortcoming of the controller design really, all of them are inferior to a mouse and keyboard, as far as shooting games go anyway. i would never want to play a racing or sports game with a mouse and keyboard.
Frankly, racing games kind of suck unless you have a wheel, imo. It feels goofy trying to control a car with little fiddly sticks.

Controllers are great for Mario, though.

Turbofrog

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:18 pm

This is kind of off topic, but project gotham for the zune hd is fun. It's hard to control a car with tilt-controls though
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 pm

I remember trying to steer the buggies in Motorstorm for PS3 using the accelerometers in the controller... damn near impossible.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:52 pm

*hasnt upgraded his computer in 2 years and plays modern games*
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:14 pm

big_jesus wrote:i think it may be a viral piece for Dante's Inferno

Ding ding ding! Click on the pre-order link here... http://masswepray.com/ :blowjobface: :blowjobface: :blowjobface:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Dodge wrote:*hasnt upgraded his computer in 2 years and plays modern games*

That's because modern games are all console ports that have to run on xbox hardware.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:38 pm

yeah, that really sucks too cause it defiantly sacrifices quality..and if they keep it up PC only games are going to start jumping lightyears ahead again quality wise
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:38 pm

*Hasn't bought a new console in four years, won't for another four, paid less than a comparable gaming computer, and still plays modern games.*
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:07 pm

Talon wrote:

*Hasn't bought a new console in four years, won't for another four, paid less than a comparable gaming computer, and still plays modern games.*

*still owns a computer besides his console

:jay:
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:47 pm

a few years ago i played mostly pc games. battlefield 2, mafia, roller coaster tycoon 3, rainbow six raven shield, flight simulator, age of empires games, rome total war, sid meier's pirates, but now it's the other way around. i do miss pc gaming though, im sure there are alot of good games im missing out on.

Last edited by Honor on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:49 pm

and of course the original call of duty and it's expansions were PC only.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:04 am

Talon wrote:
Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:
VS wrote:

Originally we were discussing which platform made for easier and more precise aiming, not which platform was better overall.

Actually, I was never just discussing which was more precise aiming. VS brought up the aiming. I was always talking about which control scheme was better overall and if you need proof just go back one page. :jay:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:05 am

Honor wrote:a few years ago i played mostly pc games. battlefield 2, mafia, roller coaster tycoon 3, rainbow six raven shield, flight simulator, age of empires games, rome total war, sid meier's pirates, but now it's the other way around. i do miss pc gaming though, im sure there are alot of good games im missing out on.

The only kind of game that I don't think I can play on a console is strategy games. I don't think those will ever translate well onto consoles. Just look at Halo Wars... it plays like "my first RTS"
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:08 am

Honor wrote:the console controls are good enough for most situations, but sometimes when you get killed you think to yourself "man if this was on pc i would have totally killed that dude". it's not like im saying the controls are bad, or that theyre enough to make me only buy games for pc. but as far as precision goes the mouse is better. but thats like the only pro of pc gaming, everything else goes to console imo.

Maybe I'm better with a controller just because of time put in. I played shooters a lot on pc for awhile but my time spent on console shooters dwarfs the time spent on pc ones.

In other news, I just got my k/d ratio up to 1.33 :perv:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:45 pm

I think if you played it on PC again for a while you would think the controls are more precise. Maybe not as comfortable as a controller, but you are less limited on PC.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next