Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

+17
ryguy79
Dodge
dunnas
Swerve
Pennzoil GT-R
Turbojett
Aristotle
thewalrus
Omni
SBF
zdc_LarryRX
Tailhappy
Talon
JaysonAych
Honor
big_jesus
21 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 8 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by Honor Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:03 am

everyone praises race pro as a great sim and i was able to control the cars in that with a controller. on the hardest difficulty (all assists off) and against the hardest ai too. it wasnt always easy, thats for sure, but i was able to complete the whole game.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 8 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by Honor Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:06 am

Talon wrote:I could have swore we used to argue about which was better... But, yea, I've always been a GT fanboy.

i dunno, they both have their pros and cons. i love them both for different reasons, like if i had two different sons. if they could combine the best features from both games then we would really have a winner. not sure if that will ever happen though. oh, and i just bought a few gran turismo themed cars on the forza auction house last night, lol.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:08 am

heres how i rank them.

gt4>forza 1
forza 2>gt5 prologue (which i guess shouldnt really count as it's not even a full game.)

and i suspect that gt5 will trump forza 3.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:26 am

I never really played Forza until this one. But the one thing that's obviously better than GT4 is that even moderately powered RWD cars need to be treated with respect. In the GT series, unless a car had 1000hp it could be floored out of any corner fairly easily.

Forza 3 is the best car game I've played. And its a sim as far as I'm concerned - the cars I've driven in real life feel pretty similar here. All of the GT series have been huge fun, but (to me) the cars behaved like the programmers had read a couple of reviews and exaggerated every facet of that cars behaviour to suit. With the exception of the previously described corner-exit oversteer.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:57 am

I haven't played it since I got it. No time, really. But it's fun, I won't not play it.

Unless I devote all my time to GTA IV TBoGT. :heeheehee:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:11 am

i was looking for some metallica skins but the word "metallica" is blocked by the filter. i guess they dont want to be sued or something after seeing how metallica can be? i found plenty of beatles skins on there but what i was really looking for was this

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 8 51311
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:12 am

would be awesome to have that on the side of a car, but without the metallica writing. i couldnt find any though, which i was surprised about. *winks at jayson*
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 am

The auction system is bloody annoying and really rewards last minute snipers.

That said, I bought one of the Ford GTs up for sale and would love it to have the Gulf colours *lifts shirt in Jayson's direction*

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:43 am

Fuck forza 3. borderlands is where it's at. :jay:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:54 am

honor m4n wrote:heres how i rank them.

gt4>forza 1
forza 2>gt5 prologue (which i guess shouldnt really count as it's not even a full game.)

and i suspect that gt5 will trump forza 3.
it had better, they've been delaying it for years now. last i heard it was april now. fucking bullshit.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:43 am

dunnas wrote:Fuck forza 3. borderlands is where it's at. :jay:

that game looks pretty fun, actually. i've only seen a brief demo, but i'd buy it.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:04 am

I've been doing some online racing finally...F-series racing is a blast. I had one of the best online races I'd ever had in any game last night. Running in 2nd in a '79 Z28 neck and neck with the leader in a 131 Abarth for 3.5 laps of a 4 lap race on the Sebring Club circuit until I finally got an opening to pass.

Also, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 was not made for Fujimi Kaido :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll see what I can do about your graphics requests, Honor and Swerve. I'm surprised there's not already a good Gulf livery already up on the storefront. I've seen some posted on message boards...
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:45 am

If you wouldnt mind. Dont go through alot of trouble just for lil 'ol me. :zachsgotgas:

I'm sure you would sell alot of them on the auction house too, though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:53 am

i was looking at the storefront photos and there was this one kid who had a 93 cobra with "vtec kick's my ASS" on the side.

haha, in what universe? even an s2000 would lose to a 93 cobra in a drag. i love these little punks that act like fucking honda is the only one who uses variable valve timing and that it's like a twin turbo or something.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:04 am

JaysonAych wrote:I've been doing some online racing finally...F-series racing is a blast. I had one of the best online races I'd ever had in any game last night. Running in 2nd in a '79 Z28 neck and neck with the leader in a 131 Abarth for 3.5 laps of a 4 lap race on the Sebring Club circuit until I finally got an opening to pass.

I'll see what I can do about your graphics requests, Honor and Swerve. I'm surprised there's not already a good Gulf livery already up on the storefront. I've seen some posted on message boards...

For some reason I only get the choices of A class and up when entering the lobby. The slower cars would be the right level for me because I don't know most of the tracks yet. That said, the standard F40 holds up pretty well against other people's tuned GTs and Vettes.
So far I've been punted off at the first corner in about 6 out of 7 public races. Which is annoying although I don't think it's been intentional from the other guy a single time - everyone is just all over the road.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:43 am

Swerve wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:I've been doing some online racing finally...F-series racing is a blast. I had one of the best online races I'd ever had in any game last night. Running in 2nd in a '79 Z28 neck and neck with the leader in a 131 Abarth for 3.5 laps of a 4 lap race on the Sebring Club circuit until I finally got an opening to pass.

For some reason I only get the choices of A class and up when entering the lobby. The slower cars would be the right level for me because I don't know most of the tracks yet. That said, the standard F40 holds up pretty well against other people's tuned GTs and Vettes.
So far I've been punted off at the first corner in about 6 out of 7 public races. Which is annoying although I don't think it's been intentional from the other guy a single time - everyone is just all over the road.

If you're just jumping into a public lobby, there's really not a choice for that yet until Turn 10 gets their multiplayer shit together. But if you set up a private race and invite friends (or get invited to a private race), you can set it up however you want.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:10 am

Oh. I didn't understand storefronts either, but I have the Gulf livery now.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:56 pm

lol, i built a 510 that does 0-200mph in around 13.5 seconds. it makes the veyron look like a corolla. :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Should be playing this game by the end of the week.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Played it a bit last night, first time since the night I bought it. Not sure I like the whole calender thing.
Made the mistake of thinking a '87 T/A could take a Miata, a Focus ST, and various other class E cars around a race track with minimal mods. :grrr:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:16 am

the gta is super slow stock. mine has over 800hp though. :perv:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:50 am

honor m4n wrote:the gta is super slow stock. mine has over 800hp though. :perv:

I did just enough to keep it in E class, but I should have bought a Miata. I just was sick of FWD cars..... The GTA is fast enough, but in the corners it's a fucking boat.
I need to buy tires for it next time I have monies.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:42 am

yeah the 1st gen miata was like the second car i bought.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:30 pm

i just bought an R3 M3 GTR2 and the dashboard doesnt work. at all. the info screen isnt even turned on. i have to use the hud speedometer. man they really missed alot of little details in this game.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Hopefully since they rushed this shit there'll be a nice patch in the works soon.....
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 pm

Honor wrote:i just bought an R3 M3 GTR2 and the dashboard doesnt work. at all. the info screen isnt even turned on. i have to use the hud speedometer. man they really missed alot of little details in this game.

That's shit. I was made at GT5:P when some of the add-on gauges didn't work (like Autometer or what ever they were), but that is a fuck.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 am

gt5 will drop kick this game. even more so since the G25 only works with the PS3.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am

Honor wrote:gt5 will drop kick this game. even more so since the G25 only works with the PS3.

GT4 came out before the first Forza game so I should hope it does.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 am

as long as the physics arent the same as GT5 P because..I think they were worse than GT4..it wouldnt let you just drive the car! it was constantly trying to "help" even with a steering wheel! so annoying!
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Dodge wrote:as long as the physics arent the same as GT5 P because..I think they were worse than GT4..it wouldnt let you just drive the car! it was constantly trying to "help" even with a steering wheel! so annoying!

Just turn all that shit off, man.

I remember playing a racing game that would actually brake for you as an assist. WTF? :roflmao: :shrug:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:38 pm

thats an option in forza 3 and it was in shift too. you can just hold the gas down the whole time. :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:39 pm

not that i use it or anything..
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Yea, it was Shift recently... I remember now. Why not have a gas and steering assist too so the user just sits and watches?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:46 pm

forza 3 has that too, it's called hiring a driver :lol:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:19 pm

I still haven't played this game yet. Hopefully this weekend. Still playing R&C and CoD comes out in a week so... maybe not. :roflmao:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I dunno I turned it all off in prologue and Its still trying to correct me, I can tell cause as I turn the wheel the wheel in the car doesnt follow or it even turns the opposite way out of the turns to correct me..if i wana drive like an ass..let me drive like an ass! and overall it still feels very numb, perhaps they only designed it for the G25/27
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:55 pm

That didn't happen to me in GT5P.

The getting black flagged and 5 second penality for an AI car running into me, on the other hand :smelly:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Honor, you're right about that. I've noticed that a few of the dashboards in various cars don't work, or were clearly not designed. I have the Ferrari #88 Veloqx / Prodrive Racing 550 Maranello and there aren't even any gauges in the damn thing. The Peugot Super 2000? Yeah, the dash has three blinking lights. And that's it. No gauges, just three lights. WTF.

I am also not a fan of how limited the RWD cars are in this game. If you have more than ten hp, if you take a corner, ANY corner at more than like a fourth of throttle, the back end walks out. It is absolutely unrealistic.
Storm
Storm
Drinking a refreshing glass of my tears

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Storm wrote:I am also not a fan of how limited the RWD cars are in this game. If you have more than ten hp, if you take a corner, ANY corner at more than like a fourth of throttle, the back end walks out. It is absolutely unrealistic.

I haven't driven hardly anything above A class, but I haven't noticed that yet. So far, the RWD cars have been more stable than they were in Forza 2...I thought they walked pretty easy in that game.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:49 am

Storm wrote:Honor, you're right about that. I've noticed that a few of the dashboards in various cars don't work, or were clearly not designed. I have the Ferrari #88 Veloqx / Prodrive Racing 550 Maranello and there aren't even any gauges in the damn thing. The Peugot Super 2000? Yeah, the dash has three blinking lights. And that's it. No gauges, just three lights. WTF.

I am also not a fan of how limited the RWD cars are in this game. If you have more than ten hp, if you take a corner, ANY corner at more than like a fourth of throttle, the back end walks out. It is absolutely unrealistic.

That's pretty gay. I think you guys have convinced me not to even consider getting that game.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next