Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

+17
ryguy79
Dodge
dunnas
Swerve
Pennzoil GT-R
Turbojett
Aristotle
thewalrus
Omni
SBF
zdc_LarryRX
Tailhappy
Talon
JaysonAych
Honor
big_jesus
21 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 10 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by JaysonAych Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:14 pm

VS wrote:by the way, Test Drive: Le Mans is still the best racing game i've played. I don't know why...everything in that game just felt right.

I never had that game, but my dad did, and he feels the same way.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 10 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by Dodge Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:26 pm

yeah and V-Rally /2 were great mods/spinnoffs of that
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm gonna go play this now. Or GTA IV.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:17 am

Dodge wrote:yeah and V-Rally /2 were great mods/spinnoffs of that

I did have V-Rally, and it was awesome.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:16 am

Love Forza 3. Love the Italian mountain roads and the quick circuits. Love that I have an MR2 basically identical to my real car. The driving line assist allows my girlfriend to keep up in cars of the same class. There's a brilliant learning curve.

About the only thing I don't like is that earning the most money is done by turning all the assists off and setting opponent difficulty to Medium (ie. shit). But the most realistic feel is to keep ABS on and use a clutchless manual with opponent difficulty of Hard. You don't get as many points or XP and a good result is anywhere in the top 3, but it's more rewarding.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:22 am

We've been bitching about this game and shit, but one thing I do like about it is the AI is it doesn't just blindly drive a line regarless of where I am. There have been a couple of times where I'll dive-bomb one and coming out of the corner I can tell the AI tries to avoid me, even if it has to slam on the brakes. Big cheers on that...
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:06 am

Hahaha, if the cars in gt5 still act like that it's a disgrace. Big dumb bullies.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:45 am

VS wrote:Hahaha, if the cars in gt5 still act like that it's a disgrace. Big dumb bullies.

GT5:P they did and when they hit me I would get a five second penality. :grrr: :grrr:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 pm

It's stupid, I used to beat GT races by caroming off of all my competition.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:57 pm

How do you do the drag racing in this game? I've haven't seen it yet...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:19 pm

that 5 sec penalty bullshit in GT is the biggest pile of crap in any game i've played.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Talon wrote:We've been bitching about this game and shit, but one thing I do like about it is the AI is it doesn't just blindly drive a line regarless of where I am. There have been a couple of times where I'll dive-bomb one and coming out of the corner I can tell the AI tries to avoid me, even if it has to slam on the brakes. Big cheers on that...

Yeah, the AI responds very well. And if you bump on them enough, they'll retaliate, sometimes hanging out close by and totally biding their time until the best moment to fuck with you. I had one race where I'd sideswiped someone and it was totally my fault, and we raced back and forth, side by side, no problem, until the last turn, where he gave me a good nudge to loosen me up to try and pass for the win.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:51 am

Talon wrote:How do you do the drag racing in this game? I've haven't seen it yet...

Anyone?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 am

Anyone else notice how off the in-car tach and external in-game tach are? I was in my Viper and did some engine mods so it was hitting the limiter just under 7k in-dash, but the other tach was closer to 8k. It's the same thing in my Evo. Did these guys Beta test this game at all or what? All these little fuck-ups are almost getting comical. :gah
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 am

Talon wrote:
Talon wrote:How do you do the drag racing in this game? I've haven't seen it yet...

Anyone?

You can either go to multiplayer>private race, and change the options there (best option imo as you can change the opponent car and many other options), or go to the events list in career and it's the row like third or fourth from the right. i think you have to be level 10 to play that though, so private race is def. your best option.

it's nothing special though. but it is fun to see how certain cars stack up against eachother in the mile drag/half mile drag. nothing has come close to beating my datsun yet, doubt if anything ever will.

Last edited by Honor on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:08 am

Talon wrote:Anyone else notice how off the in-car tach and external in-game tach are? I was in my Viper and did some engine mods so it was hitting the limiter just under 7k in-dash, but the other tach was closer to 8k. It's the same thing in my Evo. Did these guys Beta test this game at all or what? All these little fuck-ups are almost getting comical. :gah

and also if you play with manual w/clutch like i do and go back and watch one of your replays, they messed the timing and shifting sounds all up so it sounds like youre shifting and driving like a total fucking noob even if you nailed every shift perfectly the whole time. it really ruins the replays for me. race pro was the same way though, and that didnt even have a clutch with it's manual.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:18 am

Fuck Forza 3. MW2 destroys all in its path.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:23 am

dunnas wrote:Fuck Forza 3. MW2 destroys all in its path.

bingo
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:23 am

going out to get it this morning..
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:37 am

Got it last night. Razz

Played to 3:30am and then couldn't get to sleep for an hour, probably because of the two energy drinks I had between 11 and 12.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:20 am

Mechwarrior 2?

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:47 am

Talon wrote:Anyone else notice how off the in-car tach and external in-game tach are? I was in my Viper and did some engine mods so it was hitting the limiter just under 7k in-dash, but the other tach was closer to 8k. It's the same thing in my Evo. Did these guys Beta test this game at all or what? All these little fuck-ups are almost getting comical. :gah

I'll have to check that out, but so far every car I've driven had the in-car tach and external tach synched up well.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:04 am

dunnas wrote:Got it last night. Razz

Played to 3:30am and then couldn't get to sleep for an hour, probably because of the two energy drinks I had between 11 and 12.

you sir, are a true nerd.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:21 am

love how just about every retailer halved its price and soon as the embargo was over

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 am

Honor wrote:

and also if you play with manual w/clutch like i do and go back and watch one of your replays, they messed the timing and shifting sounds all up so it sounds like youre shifting and driving like a total fucking noob even if you nailed every shift perfectly the whole time. it really ruins the replays for me. race pro was the same way though, and that didnt even have a clutch with it's manual.

I have noticed how the driver actually reaches down to shift in the replays but not in the regular game :shrug: .

There are multiple times in that pre-race animation where the squeaking of the brakes is not lined up with what is visually happening on the screen. Like the car will roll up and stop, then I will hear the squeak of the brakes after the car is already stopped.

And another time I was driving and the rev noise was behind on one gear during acceleration. I was driving and all of the sudden my car was hitting the limiter but the engine tone was way too low to hit the limiter. 99% of the time I shift by listening to the car. A few times as the revvs are climbing the revv sounds will actually blip to a higher tone because it's too low for where the revvs are. Suspect

Last edited by Talon on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 am

Honor wrote:

Says the guy who took two days off work when FZ3 came out...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:15 am

I refuse to buy MW2 since I play on PC and they ruined it.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:25 am

whoa? what happened the pc one?
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:38 am

They got rid of dedicated multiplayer servers and locked the field of view to 65 degrees among other things. Typically field of view in a fps on pc is 90 degrees, anything much lower than that has the effect of zooming everything in and giving me a fucking headache. It's exacerbated with a widescreen monitor. And without dedicated servers it isn't even worth it to me to play multiplayer since the pings will be terrible.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:45 am

oh man that sssssssucks.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Talon wrote:
Honor wrote:

Not to mention that I know for sure Honor has gotten at least one game at midnight before as well :roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:08 pm

VS wrote:I refuse to buy MW2 since I play on PC and they ruined it.

Face it dude, the game is a lot better on console. I used to play the first cod games on pc and I'd consider myself to be a totally unbiased opinion on this matter. The controls for cod4 on 360 were superb. There is nothing you can really do on pc controls that would be better. I do agree that the lack of dedicated servers is gay but I don't really have many lag problems on 360 at all. I don't think you should forsake the game just because they geared it towards consoles. Just buy it for the 360 and you won't be disappointed.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Man I am in a conundrum right now. Picking up MW2 on my way home; still have tons of FZ3 to play; and I am only about four hours into Ratchet & Clank (which I am thinking will be a 10-12 hour game excluding multiple play-throughs for upgrading weapons and skill-points and stuff).

I think FZ3 is going to take a back seat until either I am done with R&C or MW2. Decisions decision!
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Omni wrote:
Talon wrote:
Honor wrote:

Not to mention that I know for sure Honor has gotten at least one game at midnight before as well :roflmao:

Loloner Man
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Omni wrote:

Face it dude, the game is a lot better on console. I used to play the first cod games on pc and I'd consider myself to be a totally unbiased opinion on this matter. The controls for cod4 on 360 were superb. There is nothing you can really do on pc controls that would be better. I do agree that the lack of dedicated servers is gay but I don't really have many lag problems on 360 at all. I don't think you should forsake the game just because they geared it towards consoles. Just buy it for the 360 and you won't be disappointed.

actually i think its quite a bit easier to aim with the mouse. especially with sniping.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Talon wrote:
Omni wrote:
Talon wrote:
Honor wrote:

Loloner Man

only gta4
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Omni wrote:

Buying it for 360 would involve me buying a 360, and playing it on my shitty tv. That and I hate playing FPS' on a console. Controller is not even close to keyboard/mouse.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:08 pm

whoa, theres a pretty fucked up stage im playing in mw2

Spoiler:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Honor wrote:
Omni wrote:

actually i think its quite a bit easier to aim with the mouse. especially with sniping.

Normally I'd agree but when it comes to fps controls modern warfare owns. I love the left trigger aiming.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:31 pm

VS wrote:
Omni wrote:

Buying it for 360 would involve me buying a 360, and playing it on my shitty tv. That and I hate playing FPS' on a console. Controller is not even close to keyboard/mouse.

Oh well, you're boned.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next