Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

+17
ryguy79
Dodge
dunnas
Swerve
Pennzoil GT-R
Turbojett
Aristotle
thewalrus
Omni
SBF
zdc_LarryRX
Tailhappy
Talon
JaysonAych
Honor
big_jesus
21 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 11 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by Honor Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:
Omni wrote:
VS wrote:I refuse to buy MW2 since I play on PC and they ruined it.

Face it dude, the game is a lot better on console. I used to play the first cod games on pc and I'd consider myself to be a totally unbiased opinion on this matter. The controls for cod4 on 360 were superb. There is nothing you can really do on pc controls that would be better. I do agree that the lack of dedicated servers is gay but I don't really have many lag problems on 360 at all. I don't think you should forsake the game just because they geared it towards consoles. Just buy it for the 360 and you won't be disappointed.

actually i think its quite a bit easier to aim with the mouse. especially with sniping.

Normally I'd agree but when it comes to fps controls modern warfare owns. I love the left trigger aiming.

i like it too, but i find it less precise aiming with a thumbstick instead of a mouse. with the mouse you use your whole hand instead of just one thumb.

i was considering getting cod4 for the pc but i hate having to worry about system requirements, patches, etc. plus i wanted the achievements. :roflmao:
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 11 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm

VS wrote:They got rid of dedicated multiplayer servers and locked the field of view to 65 degrees among other things. Typically field of view in a fps on pc is 90 degrees, anything much lower than that has the effect of zooming everything in and giving me a fucking headache. It's exacerbated with a widescreen monitor. And without dedicated servers it isn't even worth it to me to play multiplayer since the pings will be terrible.
Pings are perfectly acceptable with P2P you big sook. :heeheehee:

Of course it has been picking me as host in just about all the games i've played, but even when i'm not it's still fine. Very Happy :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Honor wrote:
Omni wrote:

Face it dude, the game is a lot better on console. I used to play the first cod games on pc and I'd consider myself to be a totally unbiased opinion on this matter. The controls for cod4 on 360 were superb. There is nothing you can really do on pc controls that would be better. I do agree that the lack of dedicated servers is gay but I don't really have many lag problems on 360 at all. I don't think you should forsake the game just because they geared it towards consoles. Just buy it for the 360 and you won't be disappointed.

actually i think its quite a bit easier to aim with the mouse. especially with sniping.
Yeah, but i've never understood how being so easy is better. :Swerve:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 pm

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm used to playing games with a 20 ping. Even if it averages 100 like they claim, on pc since there is no standard hardware set you will have people with slower machines hosting.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:40 pm

I didn't think about that. How big a difference does the PC hardware make compared to their internet connection? If they have the game running at a setting where it runs fast on their system and isn't struggling for a decent frame rate I wouldn't have thought there should be any issues. Will the PC matchmaking take into account hardware at all when it comes to choosing the host for ranked matches?
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Not sure. I will probably just warez the game to play singleplayer.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:15 am

I am so fucking pissed they are getting rid of dedi servers..defiantly makes me not want to buy it now.

no heroes even bought servers and made software to run the game..and then right at the last second blizzard announces this..fucking bullshit..
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:03 am

Honor wrote:whoa, theres a pretty fucked up stage im playing in mw2

Spoiler:

I know, haha. I enjoyed killing them too. :ak:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:05 am

Btw, MW2 fucking rules. You guys can sit back and not play it but you're really missing out. There are a shit ton of guns, perks, killstreaks, etc. If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd consider playing it all night. :talon2:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 am

Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:whoa, theres a pretty fucked up stage im playing in mw2

Spoiler:

I know, haha. I enjoyed killing them too. :ak:

Yea, as I was going through that stage I was thinking to myself, "Am I really fucked up because I am really enjoying mowing down the civ's?" That was awesome. I was pissed because I wasn't able to run a head of the other guys to get them all myself. I wanted to play that stage again but I would have lost my current save point.

:aaahahahaaa:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:52 pm

i have no problem killing civilians in gta4, but that felt a bit fucked up to me for some reason.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Omni wrote:Btw, MW2 fucking rules. You guys can sit back and not play it but you're really missing out. There are a shit ton of guns, perks, killstreaks, etc. If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd consider playing it all night. :talon2:

I'm not missing out on it, it's downloading on my computer right now. I am just gonna play the singleplayer
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Omni wrote:Btw, MW2 fucking rules. You guys can sit back and not play it but you're really missing out. There are a shit ton of guns, perks, killstreaks, etc. If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd consider playing it all night. :talon2:
I played until 3am again and drank too much beer (and leftover box wine) for a work night. My K/D ratio dropped heaps towards the end and I had some very average games. It's strange, you don't feel very drunk but your reflexes and ability to spot people just goes down the drain.

I also forgot when drinking last night that I have my first real Ultimate frisbee game tonight after about 8 weeks of social games. Hopefully i'm in decent shape by 7 :undies: :jay:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:52 pm

VS wrote:

I'm not missing out on it, it's downloading on my computer right now. I am just gonna play the singleplayer
PC gamers are such fags. :Swerve:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:57 pm

VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Assuming the matchmaking is the same on PC as it is on 360, using an Aussie review to make a point regarding multiplayer connections isn't the smartest thing you could do.

Despite apparently just looking for games with pings below 100 We had heaps of trouble finding a local game late last night. It's a lot easier to always get a local game in the US.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:32 pm

dunnas wrote:
I played until 3am again and drank too much beer (and leftover box wine) for a work night. My K/D ratio dropped heaps towards the end and I had some very average games. It's strange, you don't feel very drunk but your reflexes and ability to spot people just goes down the drain.

I also forgot when drinking last night that I have my first real Ultimate frisbee game tonight after about 8 weeks of social games. Hopefully i'm in decent shape by 7 :undies: :jay:

Haha, I noticed. You went from something like 1.43 to 1.29 in a very short period of time
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:45 pm

i may get it when the price comes down, just for single player. I will not play multi unless they change their mind though
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:07 am

Omni wrote:
dunnas wrote:

Haha, I noticed. You went from something like 1.43 to 1.29 in a very short period of time
Indeed it did. :curses:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 am

i wish they had ranked games and unranked ones like in battlefield 2. sometimes you just want to mess around without having to worry about messing up your stats.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:50 am

Back on topic.....

It's WAY too easy to get nice cars gifted in Forza, WTF. I've been ignoring the calender and doing individual races, getting the slow shit out of the way, and I while I'm stuck doing F, E, and D class races still (NA Miata FTW!), I got a fucking 2010 Camaro, a Maserati, an Exige Cup 240, and a bunch of other shit I don't need, or want, yet all for free. Oh and 250,000 'dollars'.
This game might be a little TOO easy.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:58 am

dunnas wrote:
Omni wrote:
dunnas wrote:

Why did you defriend me you aussie fuck? :jay:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:00 am

Honor wrote:i wish they had ranked games and unranked ones like in battlefield 2. sometimes you just want to mess around without having to worry about messing up your stats.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But at the same time, does k/d ratio really matter? I worry about fucking it up too but in the end it isn't going to win me prizes or anything.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:04 am

Benfolio wrote:Back on topic.....

It's WAY too easy to get nice cars gifted in Forza, WTF. I've been ignoring the calender and doing individual races, getting the slow shit out of the way, and I while I'm stuck doing F, E, and D class races still (NA Miata FTW!), I got a fucking 2010 Camaro, a Maserati, an Exige Cup 240, and a bunch of other shit I don't need, or want, yet all for free. Oh and 250,000 'dollars'.

Man, shut it. With all the things they fucked up in this game the least they can do is give us some sweet cars. I just got a 997 GT2 for beating the B-Cup World Tour (or some shit like that). I then beat the A-Championship right after that and got a Reventon. If they didn't give us decent cars there'd be no way to get enough money to buy them all and tune/ try them. I just played an two hours through all those races so gimmie my GD Porsche and Lamborghini! :smelly:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 am

Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:i wish they had ranked games and unranked ones like in battlefield 2. sometimes you just want to mess around without having to worry about messing up your stats.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But at the same time, does k/d ratio really matter? I worry about fucking it up too but in the end it isn't going to win me prizes or anything.

Street Fighter IV does this. You can play ranked matches or unranked matches. But the difference is I've gotten enough points in the ranked matches to go up a tier and now I just get my assed kick. I've thought about reseting my points so I can win again. :jay:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:58 am

Talon wrote:
Omni wrote:

Street Fighter IV does this. You can play ranked matches or unranked matches. But the difference is I've gotten enough points in the ranked matches to go up a tier and now I just get my assed kick. I've thought about reseting my points so I can win again. :jay:

Yeah, I feel that way in cod sometimes. There are days where I do really well and then sometimes I just get my ass handed to me for hours. :curses:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 pm

know what woulda made that available..dedicated servers :curses: :sonofscreamo:
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Omni wrote:

I know, and when I play alot I usually do pretty well and increase the kd ratio for the most part. When I was playing 4 every day I was getting it up a few hundredths every day consistently, and with thousands of kills overall too. Most of the time I was in either 1st-3rd place overall. I just dont like feeling under pressure all the time.

In the end I know it doesnt matter but I just dont want to look like a noob when people on my friends list look at it. I guess it comes down to a lack of self confidence. I mean the point of video games after all, is entertainment.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:39 pm

and alot of people online annoy the shit out of me. i wish there was an easier way to shut them all the hell up then having to go and mute each one of them individually.

i am also pretty susceptible to the IGGYS (im gonna get you sucka) syndrome too. if a guy kills me a couple times in a row i will go after him like a fucking madman and usually get killed by someone else in the process.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Omni wrote:
dunnas wrote:
Omni wrote:
dunnas wrote:

Why did you defriend me you aussie fuck? :jay:
Oops. I was clearing some room on my friends list yesterday and must have forgotten it was you. I didn't mean to delete any AF's. :zachsgotgas: Resend me a friend request. wub
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:03 am

Talon wrote:
Benfolio wrote:Back on topic.....

Man, shut it. With all the things they fucked up in this game the least they can do is give us some sweet cars. I just got a 997 GT2 for beating the B-Cup World Tour (or some shit like that). I then beat the A-Championship right after that and got a Reventon. If they didn't give us decent cars there'd be no way to get enough money to buy them all and tune/ try them. I just played an two hours through all those races so gimmie my GD Porsche and Lamborghini! :smelly:

lol title change
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:34 am

The game sold approximately 4.7 million copies at launch in North America and the United Kingdom, making it the biggest launch in history across all forms of entertainment.

Last edited by Honor on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:34 am

holy shit, i knew it would be big, but that is nuts.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:51 am

Honor wrote:
Omni wrote:
Honor wrote:
Omni wrote:

Normally I'd agree but when it comes to fps controls modern warfare owns. I love the left trigger aiming.

i like it too, but i find it less precise aiming with a thumbstick instead of a mouse. with the mouse you use your whole hand instead of just one thumb.

i was considering getting cod4 for the pc but i hate having to worry about system requirements, patches, etc. plus i wanted the achievements. :roflmao:

there's no question about it. no handheld console controller will ever be as precise or quick as a mouse. period.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Yes, but as I continue to say, why is something like that being easier necessarily better? Touch screens are becoming more common these days. Perhaps in a couple of years they should make FPS so you just have to touch the screen on the enemy. The technology is there, so clearly not using it would be fucking stupid. Anything that makes hitting your target easier is clearly better, right.

Seriously, fuck PC gamers and their stupid fucking KB and mouse combo being more accurate routine. I hadn't thought of that touch screen comparison before but it's fucking perfect as far as i'm concerned. The fact of the matter is that the COD games for one control absolutely perfectly with a controller, and that is all that matters. No matter what the PC gamers say, the KB & Mouse combo is far less comfy than a controller, even if you're still sitting at your computer desk (like I am) and not on the couch like so many console gamers use as an argument for consoles.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:45 pm

I dunno, im pretty comfy playing fps's with a keyboard and mouse. I think you're probably just not used to it. I guess it's just a matter of preference. Some like the controller better and some like the mouse better. Easier, whatever, people like what gives them the best control. Obviously the touch screen would be a little extreme.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:10 pm

If you want to make a game harder, do it with smarter AI or less health or something. Doing it by hampering the player with more awkward controls is never the right way.

The touchscreen example doesn't really translate, because there's no real way to implement it using a traditional shooter engine. Unless touching the enemies would instantly rotate your frame of reference, which would be hella-jerky and completely take you out of the game.

Playing shooters on consoles always feels like there's something in between you and the game that you need to compensate for. If you fuck up on a PC, you can't blame the controls, but on a console, that's mostly what you can blame.

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Turbofrog wrote:If you want to make a game harder, do it with smarter AI or less health or something. Doing it by hampering the player with more awkward controls is never the right way.

The touchscreen example doesn't really translate, because there's no real way to implement it using a traditional shooter engine. Unless touching the enemies would instantly rotate your frame of reference, which would be hella-jerky and completely take you out of the game.

Playing shooters on consoles always feels like there's something in between you and the game that you need to compensate for. If you fuck up on a PC, you can't blame the controls, but on a console, that's mostly what you can blame.

yeah if i fuck up on pc i just blame my greasy fingers or something. or lag. you can always blame lag. :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Turbofrog wrote:If you want to make a game harder, do it with smarter AI or less health or something. Doing it by hampering the player with more awkward controls is never the right way.

i'm with you 100%
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next