Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

+17
ryguy79
Dodge
dunnas
Swerve
Pennzoil GT-R
Turbojett
Aristotle
thewalrus
Omni
SBF
zdc_LarryRX
Tailhappy
Talon
JaysonAych
Honor
big_jesus
21 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 9 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by Honor Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:07 am

It's still a good game, just not the ultimate racing game they acted like it would be. It's more like an updated version of Forza 2.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 9 Empty Re: looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY

Post by Honor Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:09 am

Storm wrote:Honor, you're right about that. I've noticed that a few of the dashboards in various cars don't work, or were clearly not designed. I have the Ferrari #88 Veloqx / Prodrive Racing 550 Maranello and there aren't even any gauges in the damn thing. The Peugot Super 2000? Yeah, the dash has three blinking lights. And that's it. No gauges, just three lights. WTF.

I am also not a fan of how limited the RWD cars are in this game. If you have more than ten hp, if you take a corner, ANY corner at more than like a fourth of throttle, the back end walks out. It is absolutely unrealistic.

I know, and putting racing slicks and wings on them and increasing the downforce doesnt seem to help much at all. And have you tried drag racing? It seems pretty much impossible to get a decent launch in a rwd car, partly because of that stupid auto-rev cutscene (which is before EVERY race with no option to turn it off) thing at the beginning which leaves you like a half a second to try to get your revs to where you want them before the green. The best I can pull off with the '98 Ram Air Trans Am for example is very high 14s low 15s. That car should do mid-low 13s.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:50 am

I'm sure if you leave TC on the cars will stay in line. I find cars stepping out under power way more realistic in this game than just about any other.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 am

Many of the prices of the cars are oddly out of whack too. 63,000 for a Buick Grand National? 900,000 for a Honda NSX-R GT while a Jaguar XJ220 only costs 190,000?

And how about some of those older Ferraris like the 250 GTO and such? 15 million, 20 million? I know with those theyre trying to be a bit more realistic but that's too extreme. It would pretty much take all of the money you earned over your whole racing mode career to buy just one of those. In that case, I think I can do without them..
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:22 am

Buying stuff at auction is the best bet. Although the auction system favours last second sniping.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:02 am

I'd rather a Miata. So I did. MUCH better than the T/A GTA. Very much flingable, and good for SO many classes of races.
Back end stays planted too. You just got to know how to set up a car to handle properly.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:06 am

Omni wrote:

That's pretty gay. I think you guys have convinced me not to even consider getting that game.

Yea, I will finally be getting my copy today and I am not even looking forward to it anymore. :jay:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:14 pm

talon, tell me your xbox live name so i can add you. although i know youre prob just a silver member and cant play online.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:27 pm

hugearm69
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:32 pm

:roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 pm

VS wrote:hugearm69

:roflmao: :hmmm:

It's "talnz167".

And yes, I am a lowly silver memeber. Although I do have a card for a free month of gold membership from MS as an apology for the RROD on my original 360 years ago. Once I get some coin in the game I might dust it off and finally use it to play some online. :roflmao:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:36 pm

I might play online someday after I learn all the new tracks. I did a race on Maple Valley last night and was like "FINALLY! Watch and learn, AI muthafucks!"
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Oh, and on the way home I saw a white NA Miata JUST like the one I bought in Forza last night. Hardtop and all. Except it was beat to shit and the front struts were shot. Wheels were bouncing all over the place. Woe
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:00 am

I will smoke your miata with my CRX, foo!

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 9 Cbs.troubby.21360.dd
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 am

So I put a few hours into this last night. It's an okay game so far but little things are annoying. Like the pre-race animations. Fuck, my first car was a Fit and it revvs and shakes the camera?! Huh? Bought an Evo and the brakes are jet black, not red like they should be. Then I buy an RSXS (since it is my real track car) and I can't see the fucking top of the tach! The most important part of the most important gauge and I can't see it. I need to know where my VTAK is!!! Not being able to see the tach is a killer for me and all but ruins the inside view for me. I wish there was a way I could know before buying a car if I could see the tach or not.

The detail of the interior of the car is not up to par either, IMO. If you compare the RSXS in FZ3 and the Type R in GT5P it's night and day. GT5P is sooooooooooooo much more detailed and they got the sound PERFECT too, whereas FZ3 is kinda-sorta.

I can see why the GT series takes five years to come out and FZ takes two. It's easy to bitch, but it is a good game... just not the bees' knees of them. I will put some more time into it this weekend.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:18 am

I love that the chopped off the top of the tach. How fucking clueless can you be?
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:12 am

And the driver can somehow shift a car while keeping his hands on the wheel. :facepalm:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 am

How does Forza 2 compare to this one? Were there a lot of bugs in it too?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Talon wrote:And the driver can somehow shift a car while keeping his hands on the wheel. :facepalm:

He uses the Force.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Omni wrote:How does Forza 2 compare to this one? Were there a lot of bugs in it too?

not really. it did alot of things better. the main things that 3 is better than 2 at are the physics, graphics, and car selection, even though many of the cars are carried over from 2. but 3 has a multiplayer matchmaking system which has pissed alot of people off because 2 had lobbies you could go into. now the only way to make a lobby is to have a private one.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:28 pm

VS wrote:I love that the chopped off the top of the tach. How fucking clueless can you be?

Apparently very. There's a list of about 25 different race cars that the LED info screens on the steering wheel dont even turn on at all. so if you want to know your speed/rpms, you have to turn on the game hud. it's fucking retarded. they were in such a rush to get this game out to compete with gt5 and now its full of all these little sloppy mistakes and oversights.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:29 pm

I have to go online tonight and download the "Pre-Order Best Buy Audi R8" or some shit. I forgot about that... I hope it doesn't have some shitty ass Best Buy decals on it 'cause I am painting right over that shit if it does.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Honor wrote:
VS wrote:I love that the chopped off the top of the tach. How fucking clueless can you be?

Apparently very. There's a list of about 25 different race cars that the LED info screens on the steering wheel dont even turn on at all. so if you want to know your speed/rpms, you have to turn on the game hud. it's fucking retarded. they were in such a rush to get this game out to compete with gt5 and now its full of all these little sloppy mistakes and oversights.

Yep. Goes back to what I said a few posts ago about GT5 taking so much longer... you can see why when you play. I'd rather FZ taken six more months and been right than get a half-assed game.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Honor wrote:
Omni wrote:How does Forza 2 compare to this one? Were there a lot of bugs in it too?

not really. it did alot of things better. the main things that 3 is better than 2 at are the physics, graphics, and car selection, even though many of the cars are carried over from 2. but 3 has a multiplayer matchmaking system which has pissed alot of people off because 2 had lobbies you could go into. now the only way to make a lobby is to have a private one.

Physics are definitely a quantum leap over the 2nd game. I remember in Forza 2, the Hyundai Tuscani/Tiburon handled pretty much like a dream out of the box without any tuning required until I put some powerful engine mods on it. I wasn't going to complain about while I was racing online, but I knew from reading about it in reviews that while it was a capable, planted car, it was still FWD and prone to understeer.

Last night I get a Tuscani, and BAM...it handles exactly like it's supposed to. It's very firm and planted, but it understeers, and when I put enough mods on it to get it to D class, it was pushing like a motherfucker. I got the adjustable suspension and spent a while tuning it, and was getting all kinds of weird, but fully expected results as I was going through the different options, like getting good turn-in response when adjusting the toe and camber, but not doing it right I was getting a good start to the turn, then bad wheel hop in the middle of turns. Finally I found the sweet spot and got everything put together, but it was tough to finish...the toughest suspension tune I've had so far in F3.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:46 pm

A couple other little things... why bother putting a rear-view mirror on the inside of the car if it won't let you see the whole thing w/ out 'looking' in that direction? Fuck that's retarded.

Also, in FZ2 I liked being able to use the right stick to shift the car. Gave it a more realistic feeling I guess. So, they'd put that in FZ3, right? Wrong. :smelly:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Honor wrote:Many of the prices of the cars are oddly out of whack too. 63,000 for a Buick Grand National? 900,000 for a Honda NSX-R GT while a Jaguar XJ220 only costs 190,000?

And how about some of those older Ferraris like the 250 GTO and such? 15 million, 20 million? I know with those theyre trying to be a bit more realistic but that's too extreme. It would pretty much take all of the money you earned over your whole racing mode career to buy just one of those. In that case, I think I can do without them..
Why are you surprised that a mid-engined race car would cost nearly a million dollars, while an early-90s flop of a supercar is much less?

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:39 pm

How much is a GNX these days? I would have thought the Camaros of the world would be pushing prices sky high.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:17 am

Turbofrog wrote:
Honor wrote:Many of the prices of the cars are oddly out of whack too. 63,000 for a Buick Grand National? 900,000 for a Honda NSX-R GT while a Jaguar XJ220 only costs 190,000?

Why are you surprised that a mid-engined race car would cost nearly a million dollars, while an early-90s flop of a supercar is much less?

Ok, now looking around a bit more XJ220s seem to sell for around the 250k mark, which is pretty close. I assumed since theyre pretty rare that they would go for alot more than that. But I doubt you would ever see an NSX selling for that much. It's a road car and it costs more than even the actual race versions.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:18 am

Wow, MSRP is 470,000. Alot more than I would have expected but still half of what it is in the game.

That seems vastly overpriced. You could get a fucking Carrera GT for less than that. Suspect
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:34 am

i just got banned on the forza forums for calling one of the developers a poindexter :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:33 am

Honor wrote:i just got banned on the forza forums for calling one of the developers a poindexter :roflmao:

Nice job, poindexter :roflmao:

I hope there's some D-Class racing going on when I wake up, because this took way too long.

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 9 Ls1_me10

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 9 Ls2_me11

looks like i'll be playing ***** * MASS: WE PRAY - Page 9 Ls3_me10
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:27 am

wow, that kicks ash.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Don't worry Jayson, I am sure it will be a home run.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:00 pm

I mean, I got a woody after seeing it.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Looks like you could have phillied in some of those grain lines better, though.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Seems like it'd give you an advantage in the pits over other cars, seeing on how it'd be a short stop.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Someone would have to be way out in left field to not respect the time, at least.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:27 pm

way to triple.

post.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:20 pm

why dont racing games have night time racing on?? le mans at night would be AWESOME

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 pm

by the way, Test Drive: Le Mans is still the best racing game i've played. I don't know why...everything in that game just felt right.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum