Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need for Speed: Playable again?!?!

+8
Turbojett
Honor
thewalrus
Talon
Aristotle
JaysonAych
Omni
Dodge
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Need for Speed: Playable again?!?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need for Speed: Playable again?!?!

Post by SBF Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:01 pm

GT4 wasn't bad, definitely better than GT3. GT3 was cool when it came out because of the graphics. I liked being able to purchase used cars again in GT4, it just got boring, I get tired of failing tests to advance my license. The tests should be used for something else.

I don't have a PS3, so I'm not even worried about GT5.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Need for Speed: Playable again?!?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need for Speed: Playable again?!?!

Post by Turbojett Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 pm

I'll rent it when it comes out. If I like it well enough, I'll buy it and try to finish it off.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Good luck. There will probably be a International Z license and you'll never acheive it.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Turbojett wrote:
Dodge wrote:I would say

Porsche Unleashed
Hot Pursuit II
Carbon (I know..I know..but the police chases were so good)
NFS II
High Stakes

would be my top 5
Dude the police chases in Carbon were too easy. the Most Wanted chases were more involving, and you actually had little quotas to meet. I could have those Corvettes chasing me for forty minutes or so. so fun.

PC or console? I thought they were great on PC...i had chases that would last for hours it was great, never played MW though.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:17 pm

dunnas wrote:
honor man wrote:i cant believe gt5 might not come out til 2010 :curses:

Fuck GT5 :heeheehee:

no, fuck you you shiteating aussie. im gonna have a playseats racing chair and g25 steering wheel all set up for gt5 and its going to be awesome. :talon2:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:17 pm

what do you play for racing anyway? i saw you playing that race pro game. how is it?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:20 pm

ha. 7.7 on ign. i think ill stick with forza 2.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:33 pm

pro race driver/grid/ any codemasters racer game...

SUCKAGE
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:58 pm

honor man wrote:what do you play for racing anyway? i saw you playing that race pro game. how is it?
Race pro is good. Very realistic handling and by that I mean it is actually realistic, not at all like GT games or even Forza.

They made some very stupid choices with the Multiplayer though (which is all i've really played). Once you start a private game you can't change the cars at all, only the host can send invites, and other silly things like that. It's not the best looking game but that hasn't bothered me really.

We've got a weekly 12 player tournament set up at another forum i'm on so that should be good and keep me playing it for some time. I've put quite a bit of time into it over the last week and i've still only raced 4 of the cars (Mini, Catheram, F3000 and a few of the different WTCC class cars to be more exact), with most of that being in the slowest of all, the Mini, as that is the car we'll be using first.

Read the IGN UK review instead. They give it a 8.5 overall and 9.0 for gameplay.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:02 am

Maybe not totally realistic crashes though. The white car got t-boned hard after ending up stationary and sideways on the track and was launched rather high in the air from it.

Need for Speed: Playable again?!?! - Page 2 Wwlzxi
Need for Speed: Playable again?!?! - Page 2 11bnpz7

Last edited by dunnas on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:03 am

Dodge wrote:pro race driver/grid/ any codemasters racer game...

SUCKAGE
Race pro is Sinbin's first console game, not Codemasters you fool.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:37 am

Actually I really enjoyed Toca 2 by Codemasters. That wasn't a bad game at all except for the fact that you couldn't really choose the races.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:41 am

There's nothing wrong with most codies racing games if you're not after something super realistic. I reckon GRID is a pretty good game.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:43 am

They're fun games, IMHO. Not 9's or 10's, but very solid 8's.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:38 pm

dunnas wrote:

SUCKAGE

pro race driver was 100% a codemasters game

GTR was sim bin's first title...unless you want to count the fia mod for F1 challenge that GTR is based off..... :saynomore:

Pro race driver came from the TOCA series, which nas now morphed into GRID.

I'll be in my room if you want to make up. :woods:
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Dodge wrote:
dunnas wrote:

SUCKAGE

pro race driver was 100% a codemasters game

GTR was sim bin's first title...unless you want to count the fia mod for F1 challenge that GTR is based off..... :saynomore:

Pro race driver came from the TOCA series, which nas now morphed into GRID.

I'll be in my room if you want to make up. :woods:
I said first console game you nuff nuff.

Race Pro (no driver in the title - Although that was only ever the name of the US versions. Was still Toca in Europe, V8 Supercars here, etc) is a new game that came out last week and has nothing at all to do with Codemasters.

That is the game Honor mentioned seeing me play and that got he saw got a 7.7 from IGN.

I'll be in MY room if you want to come and make up. :saynomore:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Yeah, like Dunnas said. It's confusing, but what is now "GRID" (or RaceDriver:GRID) had previous installments called "Pro Race Driver" or "Toca Race Driver"; those were Codemasters games. The new game is "Race Pro" not "Pro Race Driver" and it's a totally different game by a totally different developer.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2