Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about trading in the Civic

+9
ryguy79
Turbojett
1300ZUK
Honor
Tailhappy
Swerve
ascona
Talon
thewalrus
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thinking about trading in the Civic - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking about trading in the Civic

Post by thewalrus Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:48 am

ryguy79 wrote:
thewalrus wrote:I like the Forester, but I wish they offered the Turbo F4 with the stick.

They don't anymore? That sucks.

Yeah, really sucks. The Mid-range Forester with the 5 speed is pretty sweet, and that's probably what I'll go for if I get anything. Way more appropriate for the stuff I use a car for. And still pretty decently good looking.

Took one for a test drive yesterday. Not quite as much fun to drive as the Civic, but worlds better in every other way. And I love the sun roof that comes standard on that thing. So huge.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Thinking about trading in the Civic - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking about trading in the Civic

Post by thewalrus Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 am

SBF wrote:
ryguy79 wrote:
thewalrus wrote:I like the Forester, but I wish they offered the Turbo F4 with the stick.

No and that's the problem I'm finding with Subaru. They no longer want to be different because it's not selling enough cars. They want to be big like Toyota and Honda, so they want to make their cars boring both in style and performance. The WRX/STi is the only thing they have going for them. I do not like much in their current lineup.

I don't necessarily agree with that. Yeah, some of their models are getting more pedestrian, but, honestly, for a company to offer manual transmissions across most of their range - and to offer a few models that can't even be HAD with an automatic - is pretty cool. And pretty different. I agree, though, they do appear to be heading in a direction I don't really like. Especially styling wise.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Also, FUCK Mini. The salesman there said my Honda was "Junk", and, I quote, "[I] should buy a Mini Cooper, because it's European".

Fuck that noise.

God damn he pissed me off.

Also, the Clubman would be an awesome second car. But as an only vehicle, totally bullshit.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:12 pm

clockbreaker wrote:10 bucks says frugal wally wins out and keeps his civic for 5 more years.

:cheers:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:14 pm

xtine wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:10 bucks says frugal wally wins out and keeps his civic for 5 more years.

:cheers:

:smelly: :smelly: :smelly:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:21 pm

what are you smelly-facing for? we all knew that's what was gonna end up happening. :gah
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Turbojett wrote:what are you smelly-facing for? we all knew that's what was gonna end up happening. :gah

:smelly: :smelly: :smelly: I really thought I was going to do something though! :smelly: :smelly: :smelly:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:23 am

How about a Mitsubishi Lancer? I am not sure how much coin you want to spend but maybe even a Rally Art which is a nice in between from the regular Lancers and the Evo's.

I'd also look at a nice Mazda 6 the V-6 model with a manual looks to be a very nice sedan.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:30 am

Yes, a friend at work bought the Ralliart a few months ago. Haven't been in it, but walk past it every day in the car park and it is a nicely detailed car.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 am

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:How about a Mitsubishi Lancer? I am not sure how much coin you want to spend but maybe even a Rally Art which is a nice in between from the regular Lancers and the Evo's.

I'd also look at a nice Mazda 6 the V-6 model with a manual looks to be a very nice sedan.

You mean the previous gen? The new 6 cannot be had with a V6 and a manny. :Swerve:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 am

I thought of getting a RalliArt but they're more expensive than a wrx, have 30 less hp, and don't look as nice imo.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Benfolio wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:How about a Mitsubishi Lancer? I am not sure how much coin you want to spend but maybe even a Rally Art which is a nice in between from the regular Lancers and the Evo's.

You mean the previous gen? The new 6 cannot be had with a V6 and a manny. :Swerve:

Yes I just noticed the new 6 can't be had with a manual if you want the V-6... Too bad.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:12 pm

clockbreaker wrote:I thought of getting a RalliArt but they're more expensive than a wrx, have 30 less hp, and don't look as nice imo.

It's all personal. But Mits really has the AWD system down great in these cars. The Evo is the one to lust for but it's about $10,000 more over a RalliArt.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:42 am

This thread was a lot less exciting to read after I read the thread where Wally stated he wasn't getting a new car.

millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:26 am

thewalrus wrote:
SBF wrote:
ryguy79 wrote:

No and that's the problem I'm finding with Subaru. They no longer want to be different because it's not selling enough cars. They want to be big like Toyota and Honda, so they want to make their cars boring both in style and performance. The WRX/STi is the only thing they have going for them. I do not like much in their current lineup.

I don't necessarily agree with that. Yeah, some of their models are getting more pedestrian, but, honestly, for a company to offer manual transmissions across most of their range - and to offer a few models that can't even be HAD with an automatic - is pretty cool. And pretty different. I agree, though, they do appear to be heading in a direction I don't really like. Especially styling wise.

So what are you diasagreeing with? I'm not complaining about the lack of manual transmissions. That's one of the only things that appeal to me, but the styling turns me off. Also, I don't care for CVT transmissions.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2