Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mazda is cool

+5
Tailhappy
Talon
thewalrus
Honor
JaysonAych
9 posters

Go down

Mazda is cool Empty Mazda is cool

Post by JaysonAych Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:15 am

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/07/27/alfred-morris-george-h-w-bush-era-mazda-is-getting-refurbished-thanks-to-mazda/

Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris made headlines last year for humbly driving a '91 Mazda 626 to work after being signed to a rookie contract. Mazda has decided to completely refurbish his car.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Mazda is cool Empty Re: Mazda is cool

Post by Honor Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:21 am

Mazda is refurbishing a car for a guy that wipes his ass with wads of cash while millions of regular Mazda drivers working at Walmart decide whether to pay the rent or take a chance and push those bald tires just a few more miles.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 am

I understand it's a business promotion, etc. Like how movie stars get given lots of free shit and all, but its still kind of fucked up.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Honor wrote:Mazda is refurbishing a car for a guy that wipes his ass with wads of cash while millions of regular Mazda drivers working at Walmart decide whether to pay the rent or take a chance and push those bald tires just a few more miles.

Wait. They're either paying rent OR taking a chance on bald tires? Did you mean to say "take a chance with the bald tires AND pay rent"?
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Also - I kind of give your concerns a big 'meh'. Mazda does a lot of charity work too. Such as:

http://www.mazda.com/csr/social/domestic/foundation_activities.html

If they want to throw a hundred grand or so into a marketing campaign for a sports star who chose to drive a busted ass Mazda instead of the [insert generic super car here] that the average Rookie player goes out and buys, hell, that's cool.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Wally, the day you don't make a mistake in you're writing you can talk. Til then, your one of the last people who should critique people.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Honor wrote:Wally, the day you don't make a mistake in you're writing you can talk. Til then, your one of the last people who should critique people.

That wasn't a spelling mistake. It was a fundamental problem with the way you structured your sentence, making it foundationally unintelligable upon a straightforward reading. I stand by my critique.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm

I used one word when I meant to use another, just like you do. Any reasonable person would know what the hell I meant.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Do you Canadians pronounce it "Maze-da?"
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Talon wrote:Do you Canadians pronounce it "Maze-da?"

I pronounce it Maz-eee-da
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:18 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Talon wrote:Do you Canadians pronounce it "Maze-da?"

I pronounce it Maz-eee-da

Why the extra syllable?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:57 pm

It's MAATS-duh. That's how the company founder's name is pronounced (Matsuda) combines with the Asian God Ahuru Mazda.

Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:57 pm

OH FUCK I MISPELLED A WORD DONT TASE ME HONOR
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 pm

I thought everyone says maz-duh. I've never heard anything otherwise.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:35 am

thewalrus wrote:
Honor wrote:Mazda is refurbishing a car for a guy that wipes his ass with wads of cash while millions of regular Mazda drivers working at Walmart decide whether to pay the rent or take a chance and push those bald tires just a few more miles.

Wait.  They're either paying rent OR taking a chance on bald tires?  Did you mean to say "take a chance with the bald tires AND pay rent"?  

obviously these people are renting tires
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 am

I'm not saying the guy isn't rich, because he is. But as far as NFL players go, he's definitely not a mega star, or at least he wasn't until last year. He was a 6th-round draft pick who got a 4-year contract worth 2.2 million dollars, and was lucky enough to get a chance to have a fantastic breakout year and prove himself. So while he's living quite comfortably, I wouldn't go as far as to say he's wiping his ass with cash. By all accounts he's a pretty cool guy, and while yes it's a marketing stunt, it's a nifty marketing stunt.

And HUGE props to him for restoring the car mostly to cherry rather than doing something gaudy with it.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:36 am

Yeah definitely.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Mats'da
no, not really. I say maz-dah. but I've heard some people say maaz -dah.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:59 pm

ryguy79 wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Wait.  They're either paying rent OR taking a chance on bald tires?  Did you mean to say "take a chance with the bald tires AND pay rent"?  

obviously these people are renting tires

It's really weird that renting tires is actually a thing now... http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jun/08/business/la-fi-rent-a-tire-20130609
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Shit, you can rent tables and lamps, it's not surprising you can rent tires too.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 am

I remember back when the PS One first came out, I went to a rental place for shits and giggles to see how much they'd charge for a rent-to-own plan. The final price after all the payments would have been done came out to over $700, more than twice as much as one cost brand new.

You have to be either insanely desperate or fucking dumb to rent stuff like that.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 am

JaysonAych wrote:I remember back when the PS One first came out, I went to a rental place for shits and giggles to see how much they'd charge for a rent-to-own plan.  The final price after all the payments would have been done came out to over $700, more than twice as much as one cost brand new.

You have to be either insanely desperate or fucking dumb to rent stuff like that.  

Yea, pretty much. Anyone who can't see through that deserves to lose all their money. And the sad part is, it's the people who don't have the money to go buy the new TV/chair/table/ect are the ones who end up paying so much more because they have to have it NOW! Don't save money first, buy first worry about it later!!!  It's their own fault, though.  A fool and his money....

It's like those cash advance places. The interest rates are just asinine. Oh well, not my problem.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am

Mazzzda-san

And lol at anyone thinking theyre doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. A few grand on new parts and it gets them more publicity than a $500k ad campaign ever could.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Besides, it ain't like those old ass parts are flying off the shelf. I'm sure they're glad to be getting rid of them. Cause I sure as fuck aren't buying them.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down