Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So they're revealing the new Xbox on May 21st.

+3
thewalrus
JaysonAych
Honor
7 posters

Go down

So they're revealing the new Xbox on May 21st.  Empty So they're revealing the new Xbox on May 21st.

Post by Honor Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 am

I will probably wait a year or so before I buy one to see if there's any RRod style kinks.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

So they're revealing the new Xbox on May 21st.  Empty Re: So they're revealing the new Xbox on May 21st.

Post by JaysonAych Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 am

I'll wait until there's a good game for it. I'm hoping Forza 5 becomes a launch or near-launch title for it.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

So they're revealing the new Xbox on May 21st.  Empty Re: So they're revealing the new Xbox on May 21st.

Post by thewalrus Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:03 pm

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while now. How much are they going to go for do you think? The racing games seem like fun.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:07 pm

$200 or so.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:08 pm

who are you kidding you know you wont buy one.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm

they have a deal going where you get a free xbox if you buy a miata.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Honor wrote:they have a deal going where you get a free xbox if you buy a miata.

Wait. Really?

Where??

I'm going to go be indecisive there.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:46 am

thewalrus wrote:
Honor wrote:they have a deal going where you get a free xbox if you buy a miata.

Wait. Really?

Where??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wally, were you asking about the price of the new Xbox? Because I'm sure it'll be way more than $200. Prolly around $400 when it first debuts, I'd think.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:52 am

JaysonAych wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Wait. Really?

Where??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wally, were you asking about the price of the new Xbox? Because I'm sure it'll be way more than $200. Prolly around $400 when it first debuts, I'd think.

I think Honor owes me a free x-box actually.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 am

He said buy, not trade. :screamo:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 am

I figured you were talking about the 360, not the new Xbox. I know you were kicking around the idea of getting one for a while now. The new one will probably be at least $400 at first.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 am

So how long until they stop making 360 games?
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 am

oh i wouldnt worry about that for a while.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Well it's generally a year to a year and a half after a new platform comes out. Or at least they stop making top titles and just make kids games and other shit nobody wants to play.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:51 am

Rumor is the new box is going to cost $500.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:02 am

Well that means there will be some people in the ghetto that won't be able to pay their gas or water bills.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:25 am

lolll
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm gonna go buy a Wii U today. :stonk:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:45 pm

for the tots i presume?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Yes. Plus the wife and I are addicted to Rabbids games. And there's one for the U of course.
We picked up Mario Bros U as well, because Mario.
Just got back home, gonna see if I can get it up and running with the new TV we also got.
No we ain't rich. ^_^
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:56 pm

aint credit grand?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:43 am

Not credit..... got a small lawsuit settlement from Bank of America. Decided to do the 'Murican thing and waste it on electronics.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 am

Honor wrote:Rumor is the new box is going to cost $500.

That's not too bad, really.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Tailhappy wrote:Not credit..... got a small lawsuit settlement from Bank of America.

you too?
I only got $75 though. went toward bills.

I want a 360 too. I think used ones go for $200. The first series models are probably super cheap, but they're the RROD Specials, so no way I'm buying one of those. I'm not "please-Lord-just-let-me-have-an-XBox" desperate. Anyway we'll see when my tax refund comes in.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:03 am

The Arcade model I have can't been that expensive used. Just make sure Microsoft fixed the E74 (or whatever it was) error while it was under warranty.
Mine's been rock solid ever since.
Oh, you'll want to purchase a hard drive for it. The Arcade was memory card only. I had to add my HD. But they're cheap too.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 am

I've got an old 360 with a 20 GB hard drive that I'd like to sell. No controllers, but I believe it's a Jasper (I'll have to doublecheck) which was the last chipset before the Slims came out, and considered to not have the RROD problems the earlier consoles had. I could part with it at a reasonable price if anyone's interested.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed May 01, 2013 7:21 am

actually I just bought a used elite today. 120gig.
$200 plus about $50 extra for a new controller. the one it came with wouldn't turn on so I'm returning that tomorrow.

Oddly enough I got Forza 1 to work on it. Sound effects cut out though.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed May 01, 2013 8:44 am

Yeah, backwards compatibility is spotty on the 360. Not all Xbox 1 games work on it, and some of the ones that do have glitches.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 pm

At least they all play them though. Unlike PS3s which only the top of the line ones play PS2 games I think? I have the lower end one and it doesn't play them. Pretty shitty for a $400 system (When I bought it).
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed May 01, 2013 6:18 pm

No, all early model PS3s are backwards compatible. The original 60gigs have PS2 hardware built directly into them, that's the one I have. Later 80gig PS3s were backwards compatible too, but they only came with emulators that completely disappeared when the system got updated. Then when the Slims came out, they weren't backwards compatible at all, but I think they still could play PS games because they're CD ROMs. I dunno though.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down