Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When trying to sell a 10-year old Focus, you have to be creative.

5 posters

Go down

When trying to sell a 10-year old Focus, you have to be creative. Empty When trying to sell a 10-year old Focus, you have to be creative.

Post by JaysonAych Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:14 pm

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

When trying to sell a 10-year old Focus, you have to be creative. Empty Re: When trying to sell a 10-year old Focus, you have to be creative.

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 pm

:lol:

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

When trying to sell a 10-year old Focus, you have to be creative. Empty Re: When trying to sell a 10-year old Focus, you have to be creative.

Post by SBF Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Bwahahaha
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:20 pm

It’s a Ford Focus from 2001 which is exactly 1 year after 2000 when the world didn’t end and VCRs continued to work. I didn’t do much that New Years eve, not because I was afraid an airplane would fall out of the sky and land on me, I just fancied a quiet night in with my girlfriend of that time, I say girl’friend, she was nearly 40 but a proper sporty little thing, bit ugly but perky where it counted. I myself am no beauty box so us both being a bit ugly I never had and insecurities that she would run off with my best friend lol. But she did about a year later! He left his wife, went a bit mad, got sectioned then released, turned out to be an alcoholic and now has pancreatitis, all is well that ends well.

There are a couple of places (arches, rear bumper) that have been resprayed in places probably due to surface rust in the past. I say resprayed, it actually looks like it’s been done by a drunken blind clown at night hanging upside down from a moving giraffe. Honestly, Ghandi could have done a better job slapping paint on with his flip flops.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:26 pm

I hate how cheap used cars are in the UK.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:29 am

Benfolio wrote:I hate how shitty cheap used cars are in the UK.

fixed

SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:13 am

They're shitty here too but people want like twice as much and there's a lot more wrong with them.

We need fucking MOT inspections in my state. And IL. Holy fuck. Does EVERY car in IL for sale have a cracked windshield and fucked up bumpers??
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:27 am

See that's what I don't get, we used to have inspection back in the day and somewhere in the early to mid 80's the state of Illinois decided to drop it. Now, I'm not saying I want to pay for it, but this fucking state is whining about finding revenue and blah blah blah. Do fucking yearly car inspections again retards. No emissions testing, just safety inspections. Charge people $50 a pop and bingo, you've found a source of revenue. Not only would it push revenue, it would keep the shitboxes off the road and increase the usage of public transportation (which their loss of revenue has been a big deal too).

Also FYI, having a cracked windshield is illegal in Illinois. It's just that the police don't enforce it like they should.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Here in Louisville, I see a lot more cars with non-functioning brake lights than I used to. I used to go months without seeing one, but nowadays I'm behind a car with no brake lights probably once every two weeks.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Inspection can be simple: Tires, Parking Brake, Lights, License Plate Lights, No major rust holes, no major damage, Proper spare, etc. Leave the emissions BS to the counties that want to do it.

A lot of stuff could pass, but it definitely would get a lot of the shitboxes off the road. And they tell you if somethings wrong and when you need to come back with it fixed. Some facilities could even offer to replace bulbs and such.

Plus my point is, that with all these states whining about no revenue, it a source that wouldnt take much to acquire, and maybe then they can leave our income taxes alone.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:44 pm

I may be a bit of a lefty conspiracy theorist, but I think one of the big reasons you don't see things like this happening, as well as stricter driving tests, is because when you start plucking some dangerous cars and drivers off the road, that's less money that goes to oil companies, car companies, and the auto parts industry. The idea of stricter licensing and vehicle inspection is kind of a no brainer, but I don't have any problem envisioning heavy lobbying going on by the industries that would be affected the most to keep that from happening.

/tinfoil hat now off.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:11 pm

But most people would PAY to keep their car legal, or would trade it up for one that is, keeping the circle of automotive life going.

Those that don't can ride the fucking bus and stay off my roads. You wouldn't believe the shit I see. Bald tires, bent suspensions, windows that are now some sort of garbage bag/plywood concoction.... Just the other day I saw a 4X4 Silverado with HEAVY front end damage, hood tented up, only one headlight left in the front, and the driver's side mirror was FACING THE WRONG WAY. On the highway. Doing 65. GET OFF MY ROADS.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Actually Benfolio is right. No matter what, the automotive circle of life keeps going. Because the point of inspection is to make sure your car isn't going to hurt you or others. They will tell you if you need tires or say one of your tires is down to the belts on the inside, they will tell you something is wrong with your suspension.

People who live in the big cities may see this as too much of a cost, and decide to take public transportation instead.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down