Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GT5 Thread

+7
Honor
Olds
Turbojett
Swerve
Andrew
zdc_LarryRX
Talon
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GT5 Thread Empty GT5 Thread

Post by Talon Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Ok, rather than keep spamming the Forza thread, might as well start another. Anyone else here even have this game? :jay:

Going to start with whoring some more pics...

This is probably one of my all time favs. Laguna coming though the final left with a Ford GT-R on my ass.

GT5 Thread Mazda_10

Corkscrew:

GT5 Thread MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_2_B

Old and new:

GT5 Thread MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_3_B
GT5 Thread MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_7_B

IS-F R:

GT5 Thread CapeRing_2
GT5 Thread NrburgringGP_D
GT5 Thread NrburgringNordschleife_1

Needs no introduction:

GT5 Thread RoadCourse-Daytona_5_B

Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

GT5 Thread Empty Re: GT5 Thread

Post by zdc_LarryRX Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:59 pm

I haven't figured how to take pics while I'm racing but I am rocking my own music while I'm racing. Too bad racing is the only time you can listen to your own music. I HATE all of the GT5 music, goddamn japanese music. :curses:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:00 pm

My buddy sent me the Bugatti last sunday when I bought the game and I've been raping ever since.

Oh yeah, zdc_Larry or LBO_Larry PSN ID. LBO is a clan tag for our GT5 racing league I don't really race that ofter but there are 2 or 3 others guys in the clan that race with some other guys. They pick a track, a car and then you try for your best qualifying time. Useally there are limitations like weight, horsepower and other mods. You can contact GovernorKnoc or LBO_GovernorKnoc(PSN ID) if you're interested. http://letsbangout.darkbb.com/index.forum.

We need the racecar smiley back.
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:11 pm

zdc_LarryRX wrote:I haven't figured how to take pics while I'm racing but I am rocking my own music while I'm racing. Too bad racing is the only time you can listen to your own music. I HATE all of the GT5 music, goddamn japanese music. :curses:

You do it in during a replay. Just go to photo mode. Pretty self explanitory.

One thing that's pissing me off is the shifting animations are too slow. I'll hit the next gear up, the car will engage, and as I am accelerating the dude is still shifting. It is cool because he does follow the gate pattern depending on which gear you're going into/ out of.
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:13 pm

zdc_LarryRX wrote:My buddy sent me the Bugatti last sunday when I bought the game and I've been raping ever since.

I won the Veyron a few weeks ago and hate it. Fucking thing doesn't turn for shit. I maxed it all out hoping to win the Like The Wind races but got pwned by LMPs and GT cars. Ended up beating the series with the McLaren F1 Stealth.

Since then I cna't stand to look at the Bugatti and it won't give me and $$$ to sell it. WTF?! :sonofscreamo:

Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Yeah some of the cars won't give you money when you sell them, thats bullshit. That and when I see a car in the used lot i'll race a couple times to earn the money, come back and its either gone or jumped in price. I still am wub with GT5. I wish you could part out the mods you put on the car for half the price you paid for them. I put 200,000 into a Mitsu GTO with 660 hp and sold it for about 10,000 :curses: .
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 pm

I still wub it too. I just hit level 25 and unlocked the enduro races. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu two 24 hour ones. Forget that shit. Only one more race in the A-Spec series... the F1 races. Gotta save up. Haven't been doing hardly and B-Spec 'cause I think it's boring as fuck.

Anyway, more pics :talon2:

Little Civic I won in B-Spec. This thing is fun. I moded up the suspension and tires. Not powerful but stops and turns on a dime.

GT5 Thread London_B

GT5 Thread CapeRingInside_1_B

Another of the ACR.

GT5 Thread MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_4_B

My Mac I got for trading in a level 17 card.

GT5 Thread EigerNordwandShortTrack_1_B

Then and now.

GT5 Thread Superspeedway-Indy_1_B

787B gettin it done at the Ring.

GT5 Thread Nrburgring24h_B

GT5 Thread Nrburgring24h_3_B

GT5 Thread Nrburgring24h_2_B

GT5 Thread Nrburgring24h_4_B

The Ford GT-R's carbon fiber body and "get the fuck out of my way" supercharger is amazing. This shot we were side by side on one of the two lefts that's banked (you know what I'm talking about). The Ford got the inside on me and passed... ended up getting back in front but thought it was a cool shot.

GT5 Thread Nrburgring24h_5_B
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm

I HATE B SPEC!!!!!! The computer driver you control is a pussy. It lets other drivers boss him around the track. If someone is on the outside god forbid he takes it in deep. NO he slows down and lets them pass. Back streach of Daytona he was single file with my 913hp Chevy Silverado SST and riding the bumper of the truck infront of him. He clearly can't hear me screaming "PASS You fucking PUSSY" He was slowing down in the corners while 2 Ford SVT lightnings were crusing by on the outside too :mercifulend:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:33 pm

I don't mind B spec, my 3rd driver is grinding some levels at the ring right now. My primary is really aggressive at certain tracks like Cape Ring, Daytona and Suzuka, but a completely useless lump at Deep Forest, Laguna Seca, and whenever he is piloting a less than overpowered ride.

Level 23/Level 22 here. The fucking grind is already pissing me off.

Andrew
Tear-streaked visage
Tear-streaked visage

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 am

I put my B-Spec guy into a well modified Vitz for the Vitz race. My Vitz is better than any of the AI's. He started 7th and finished 8th. :grrr:

I usually try and tell him to be aggressive and pass at the beginning so he can move up while the cars are all bunched together. Sometimes it works, sometimes he spins, and sometimes he doesn't do anything. Any tips?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:27 am

What are the graphics like in the actual race vs. the photo mode?

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Swerve wrote:What are the graphics like in the actual race vs. the photo mode?

Same. Seriously. The photo mode of action shots comes from the replays, which are the same as the in-game play.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Talon wrote:I put my B-Spec guy into a well modified Vitz for the Vitz race. My Vitz is better than any of the AI's. He started 7th and finished 8th. :grrr:

I usually try and tell him to be aggressive and pass at the beginning so he can move up while the cars are all bunched together. Sometimes it works, sometimes he spins, and sometimes he doesn't do anything. Any tips?

I found last night that if you keep your driver in the middle or a little towards the red he does a lot better and actually tries to race. :cheers:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Holy shit the detial. :sids motherfuckin a

GT5 Thread Bramaahrweiler
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Seriously, how is this not real?!

GT5 Thread 5235920727_5cc93e16e3_b
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:58 pm

zdc_LarryRX wrote:
Talon wrote:I put my B-Spec guy into a well modified Vitz for the Vitz race. My Vitz is better than any of the AI's. He started 7th and finished 8th. :grrr:

I found last night that if you keep your driver in the middle or a little towards the red he does a lot better and actually tries to race. :cheers:

I'll give that a shot I guess.

Did the first enduro. Grand Valley 300kms (60 laps). Took 110 mins with the 787B. Won by 11 laps. :jay:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:14 pm

sometimes, you kinda have to baybysit the B-Spec AI and tell it to go faster when you can, but there are places that it just can't go fast. I learned this on GT4 when I was just starting out. I had an R33 that was very, very obviously stronger than the competition, and i wanted to finish the race as soon as possible, so I just set it to five. he lost because he didn't slow down for curves. but I will say though that boosting the AI in certain sections of the track, for as effective as it is, kills your pitting consistency. but you just have to do a little manipulation of the AI and be uber-patient, because even in GT4 they were gutless bumper-sniffers.

and Turn 11 at Seca makes me wonder what all the damn fuss about the Corkscrew is.

I should be getting GT5 relatively soon though, once money stops being such a damn commodity.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:18 pm

Talon wrote:
zdc_LarryRX wrote:

I'll give that a shot I guess.

Did the first enduro. Grand Valley 300kms (60 laps). Took 110 mins with the 787B. Won by 11 laps. :jay:
And are all the enduros B-spec, or do they give you a choice? Nothing feels better than beating LeMans or 24H N-ring on your own (though it may take a few days).
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Talon wrote:
zdc_LarryRX wrote:My buddy sent me the Bugatti last sunday when I bought the game and I've been raping ever since.

I won the Veyron a few weeks ago and hate it. Fucking thing doesn't turn for shit. I maxed it all out hoping to win the Like The Wind races but got pwned by LMPs and GT cars. Ended up beating the series with the McLaren F1 Stealth.

Since then I cna't stand to look at the Bugatti and it won't give me and $$$ to sell it. WTF?! :sonofscreamo:

that's wierd. with the proper trans tuning, it should kill.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:10 am

All I want to do is get the stupid b-spec mo-fo good enough so I can win the DeLorean. I could have bought it used a while ago but was saving $$$ for the 787B. Haven't seen it used since. :grrr:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 am

This might not work for the vitz race in particular, but if I am using a bob safe car, the first command I give is overtake before the start. The pace bar goes up when they are in traffic so you don't need to pace up at the start. The overtake command might help him avoid playing bumper cars into the first turn.

Another thing I noticed is that bob needs some extra levels to win certain races. When he was first at level 11 or so, he would get spanked at the laguna seca rounds of the muscle car championship, but by level 15, he walked away from the pack.

Andrew
Tear-streaked visage
Tear-streaked visage

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:26 am

Talon wrote:All I want to do is get the stupid b-spec mo-fo good enough so I can win the DeLorean. I could have bought it used a while ago but was saving $$$ for the 787B. Haven't seen it used since. :grrr:

I have one sitting in my garage, add me on PSN and I'll hook you up. PSN ID: acidicghost

Anybody have a RUF 3400S? I want to finish my RUF collection. I have an extra Yellowbird and RGT to trade.

Andrew
Tear-streaked visage
Tear-streaked visage

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:00 pm

^Hook me up with the DeLorean to have? Not looking to borrow. Wink But if you'd be willing to give it to me that'd be cool. I'll even trade you something for it... have some stuff I never use.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:16 pm

I don't need it, you can have the fucker. I don't car about the 1000 car trophy, I just want to clear the muck out of my garage.

Andrew
Tear-streaked visage
Tear-streaked visage

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Cool. PSN: Spartanz167

Shoot me a friend request and I'll add you. I should be on a couple times this evening...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:07 am

Talon (Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 pm) wrote:

Track detail (i.e., laid-down rubber) looks way nicer in Forza...
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 am

forza 3 came out over a year before gt5, plus it didnt take them 5+ fucking years to make it so of course it wont look as good. let's see how gt5 compares to forza 4 though. maybe sony can take the graphics crown back when gt6 comes out in 2040.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:14 pm

Go back to your thread dicks lol. :afargument:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Clockbreaker wrote:forza 3 came out over a year before gt5, plus it didnt take them 5+ fucking years to make it so of course it wont look as good. let's see how gt5 compares to forza 4 though. maybe sony can take the graphics crown back when gt6 comes out in 2040.

Haters gonna hate :roflmao:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:08 pm

GT5 physics seem more realistic/less choppy...but still not great.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:39 am

zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:07 am

Blocked at work... what is it? I heard there were going to be some dlc cars to get or something?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 am

Dodge wrote:GT5 physics seem more realistic/less choppy...but still not great.

PC boy is getting a PS3! :suspense: :suspense: :suspense: :suspense: :cheers:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 am

lol ive had every previous gt game, might as well keep it up
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Talon wrote:

Blocked at work... what is it? I heard there were going to be some dlc cars to get or something?

Have you already picked up Gran Turismo 5? If so, then it looks like you are automatically on the "nice" list and will be receiving some free DLC courtesy of Santa (and Sony's servers). Three cars from Polyphony Digital's "Chrome" line will be made available for download between December 24th and January 1st: the Lamborghini MurciƩlago LP 640, the BMW M3 Coupe, and the Jaguar-XJ13. The cars will be available later for a price, but details are not currently available on pricing after the holiday.

Read more: http://www.cheatcc.com/ccc_newsserver/Article.aspx?PostID=377838#ixzz18O68aZRJ
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:54 am

Talon, how is the 787 on the power? I just got an R10 and the pig does nothing but slew out when you give it anything more than 1/3rd throttle with the wheel turned even a degree. Is the 787 better in this regard? I'm working on tuning the R10, but I suspect it will be a long arduous process.

I thought the Minolta was twitchy, but it isn't even close.

Nothing tops the open cockpit view screaming down Mulsanne at night though.

Andrew
Tear-streaked visage
Tear-streaked visage

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 pm

I think the 787 handles better than the 88CV. It doesn't have the horsepower, but it's lighter and does come out of the turns better. I usually set the TC on the higher powered cars to like 2 or 3, though, ever since I couldn't get my Stealth McLaren to go in a straight line to save my life. I can't compare with the Audi 'cause I don't have it yet.

The in-cab for the 787 is pretty cool too. A lot of digital numbers going on, but I don't know what most of them mean. :zachsgotgas:

BTW - Thanks for the Delorean.

Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm

BTW: The new update. Got my a Formula GT thanks to the new online used dealership.

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.

Online Dealership

An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars. You might just come across that one car you've always been looking for, that you haven't been able to find in the used car dealership.

Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the open lobby or my lounge, you will now gain rewards and experience points. Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you'll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in GT Life.

Driving Distance and Number of wins in Online Races

The driving distance and number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in Open lobby or My lounge will now affect your stats in Profile and the Garage. Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within GT Life

Improved Rewards

The rewards for winning races in Both A-Spec and B-Spec in GT mode- GT Life have been increased for a limited time only. This applies until the end of January 2011. This is a great chance for those who were previously have difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

Race Information Display

Is now available in the Start-Quick Options. You can also see this in Race Display in Options.

Save Data Backup

You can now copy and restore your save data. For details please refer to the in-game Manual

Personal BGM (menu)
From [options]-[hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the Personal BGM (menu). This can also be accessed from the Music Library within GT Mode.

Car Name Change
The official name of the "Red Bull X1" has been changed to "Red Bull X2010"

Integration within the website
THe main features within GT Mode - Community can now be accessed through the "Gran-Turismo.com Official Website.[/QUOTE]

Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:44 pm

The best thing about the update is that you don't have to go back to the event selection screen to redo an event. Makes grinding Indy a better proposition as you don't have to spend 1/3 of the race time staring at a loading screen.

Andrew
Tear-streaked visage
Tear-streaked visage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next