Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought COD WaW

+10
Dodge
VS
Talon
Omni
Spinal
Honor
dunnas
JaysonAych
Aristotle
SBF
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bought COD WaW Empty Bought COD WaW

Post by SBF Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:11 pm

It's not bad, much better online than Modern Warfare. Glad I bought it though, got something to do now.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Bought COD WaW Empty Re: Bought COD WaW

Post by Aristotle Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:26 pm

i will buy you a real gun of your choosing, if you promise to shoot me with it.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Aristotle wrote:i will buy you a real gun of your choosing, if you promise to shoot me with it.

:aaahahahaaa:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:04 pm

COD4 is still king. I do mainly play 5 now though
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:09 pm

SBF wrote:It's not bad, much better online than Modern Warfare. Glad I bought it though, got something to do now.

why do you like 5 online better? i havent played it much but it seems pretty much like a carbon copy of 4 with a WWII skin on it. the consecutive kill rewards are pretty shitty too. ill take the attack chopper over a bunch of dogs any day.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:12 pm

oh, and here's a random GRID rant. i just hired tom rockford as my co-driver. good racer, but he never shuts the fuck up. "dude i'm in like third now./dude i'm right behind you./"dude im leading the race." OK I GET IT I DONT HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING EVERY FUCKING SECOND SHUT THE HELL UP! and why does my bitch manager tell me the advantages of racing for other teams as opposed to my own team EVERY TIME I GO BACK TO THE RACE MENU? jesus christ.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:58 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Aristotle wrote:i will buy you a real gun of your choosing, if you promise to shoot me with it.

:aaahahahaaa:

lol that little guy is cool.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:38 am

honor man wrote:
SBF wrote:It's not bad, much better online than Modern Warfare. Glad I bought it though, got something to do now.

why do you like 5 online better? i havent played it much but it seems pretty much like a carbon copy of 4 with a WWII skin on it. the consecutive kill rewards are pretty shitty too. ill take the attack chopper over a bunch of dogs any day.

I like 5 better than 4 because I played 4 about 2 weeks ago and I could barely kill anyone and some levels I couldn't stay alive for more than 5 seconds it seemed most of the time. Now I'm not the best player, but it just gets frustrating when you empty a clip shooting at someones head and they turn around and kill you in one shot. So far I haven't had that problem in 5. Plus I fucking hate shipment and I hate how everyone wants to play it.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:12 pm

yeah, shipment is just a blind grenade lobbing fest
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:10 pm

It's a fucking joke is what it is and whoever thought capture the flag was a good idea on that map was a fucking retard.

So far 5 doesn't have a map that small. The smallest one I can think of is Dome.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:51 pm

When I first got 5, Dome was irritating as fuck. But I rather enjoy it now. I think the only one I don't like in 5 is Seelow. Mainly because you can lost in an area of the map where nobody is, only to get plugged by a sniper camping out on the bridge.

I've been fucking cleaning up though, since I got that PPSh.
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:30 am

Yeah now I'm getting frustrated again because it seems like the only weapon I can kill anyone with is the BAR. If I try to use any other gun, I fail miserably.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:35 pm

honor man wrote:

The chopper is shit when compared to dogs if you actually use them correctly. In the indoor stages in cod4 the chopper was your best reward that was rendered totally useless. Dogs can go anywhere except up ladders and there are few places you can hide where only a ladder will get you there. If you use your dogs and then your team actually makes an effort to surge forward and kill the enemy while they're distracted you can take out most of the other team easily. Also, you could take the chopper down relatively easily. Killing one dog doesn't render the pack useless as there are many more to replace it.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:36 pm

SBF wrote:Yeah now I'm getting frustrated again because it seems like the only weapon I can kill anyone with is the BAR. If I try to use any other gun, I fail miserably.

Make friends with the mp40. If you aim and use controlled bursts it is by far one of the most deadly guns in the game.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:38 pm

I think the major difference between 4 and 5 is level design. The levels in 5 are generally larger and have more ways to sneak around on the sides to flank the enemy. In 4 I often got sniped because the levels were more narrow and people usually camped and covered the few ways you could actually sneak around.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:25 pm

I agree. You can get back at squatters now because there is always around them. Plus in the villages there are alleys and back stairways that enable you to stay away from tanks and snipers
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Omni wrote:
SBF wrote:Yeah now I'm getting frustrated again because it seems like the only weapon I can kill anyone with is the BAR. If I try to use any other gun, I fail miserably.

Make friends with the mp40. If you aim and use controlled bursts it is by far one of the most deadly guns in the game.

yeah, people on the xbox live forums say they upped the damage from 40 to 50 for multiplayer for some reason. which is apparently almost as strong as a bolt action. so the online mp40 is more or less a full auto bolt action. you can imagine how much people bitch about it being a noob gun.

sounds like it pretty much made the mp44 obsolete. which is gay because the mp40 uses 9mm pistol ammo and the 44 uses 7.92 x 33 rifle rounds, which should do way more damage than the mp40.

Last edited by honor man on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:

The chopper is shit when compared to dogs if you actually use them correctly. In the indoor stages in cod4 the chopper was your best reward that was rendered totally useless. Dogs can go anywhere except up ladders and there are few places you can hide where only a ladder will get you there. If you use your dogs and then your team actually makes an effort to surge forward and kill the enemy while they're distracted you can take out most of the other team easily. Also, you could take the chopper down relatively easily. Killing one dog doesn't render the pack useless as there are many more to replace it.

the being worthless on inside stages was the only bad thing about the chopper. most of the time mine didnt get shot down though until they killed at least 3 or 4 people. they were really only easy to take down if you had rpgs, a mounted gun or several guys firing at it.

but it just seems like the dogs dont kill people very much from what ive seen. unless they sneak up on them or something.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:37 pm

I get killed by dogs all the time, only when they come from behind or when there are two of them together, I can kill the first but the second one always gets me.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:57 am

honor man wrote:
Omni wrote:

yeah, people on the xbox live forums say they upped the damage from 40 to 50 for multiplayer for some reason. which is apparently almost as strong as a bolt action. so the online mp40 is more or less a full auto bolt action. you can imagine how much people bitch about it being a noob gun.

sounds like it pretty much made the mp44 obsolete. which is gay because the mp40 uses 9mm pistol ammo and the 44 uses 7.92 x 33 rifle rounds, which should do way more damage than the mp40.

The stg is still extremely useful. It has much better range than the mp40 and is definitely more accurate overall.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:58 am

honor man wrote:
Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:

the being worthless on inside stages was the only bad thing about the chopper. most of the time mine didnt get shot down though until they killed at least 3 or 4 people. they were really only easy to take down if you had rpgs, a mounted gun or several guys firing at it.

but it just seems like the dogs dont kill people very much from what ive seen. unless they sneak up on them or something.

I've gotten a good amount of kills with the dogs. I also like how when I get killed by them it doesn't feel like a cheap death. The chopper could fucking see you through walls and shit.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:12 am

Yeah I agree with Omni. You have to run or hide from the dogs and you really get a chance to kill them before they take you down. The helicopter would see you on the farside of a building away from all the windows and still take you out. The helicopter just felt like a cheap way of dying.

Also I have noticed that if you are in a house, upstairs, you have probably an 80% chance of the dogs not finding you.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:26 am

Omni wrote:The stg is still extremely useful. It has much better range than the mp40 and is definitely more accurate overall.
Yeah, I've got the scope on mine. It's pretty sweet.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Spinal wrote:
Omni wrote:The stg is still extremely useful. It has much better range than the mp40 and is definitely more accurate overall.

I have one with the aperture and another with the acog. I always use the acog one on the sniper stages and take them out while they're trying to snipe me. I love that shit.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:03 pm

That FG42 with the scope is decent as well. Only problem with it is the limited magazine. Without the bandolier perk, I'm usually out of ammo real quick.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 pm

Spinal wrote:That FG42 with the scope is decent as well. Only problem with it is the limited magazine. Without the bandolier perk, I'm usually out of ammo real quick.

Yeah, the rate of fire on that thing is pretty insane. I like it as well but like you said, the ammo goes so fast.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:52 am

Omni wrote:
Spinal wrote:

I have one with the aperture and another with the acog. I always use the acog one on the sniper stages and take them out while they're trying to snipe me. I love that shit.

ACOG on a WWII gun? Suspect
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:46 pm

treyarch took the liberty of putting in some shit that didnt exist back then to make it appeal to players who might be like "wtf, im not using no iron sights. im playin cod 4, screw this wwii shit."
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Lulz, they should make a Civil War game where the user gets a Barret 50 cal, MP5/ EOTech, M16/ Acog, etc. FUCKING RAPE! HAHAHA.... I'd play it.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 pm

Talon wrote:
Omni wrote:
Spinal wrote:

ACOG on a WWII gun? Suspect

Telescopic sight. :snipe:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:15 pm

honor man wrote:treyarch took the liberty of putting in some shit that didnt exist back then to make it appeal to players who might be like "wtf, im not using no iron sights. im playin cod 4, screw this wwii shit."

The only thing that's total bs is the aperture sight. It wouldn't work at all.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Talon wrote:Lulz, they should make a Civil War game where the user gets a Barret 50 cal, MP5/ EOTech, M16/ Acog, etc. FUCKING RAPE! HAHAHA.... I'd play it.

New from Activision and Infinity Ward: "Talon Goes Back in Time With Modern Weapons And Kicks Some Ass."
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:56 am

Talon wrote:Lulz, they should make a Civil War game where the user gets a Barret 50 cal, MP5/ EOTech, M16/ Acog, etc. FUCKING RAPE! HAHAHA.... I'd play it.

did you ever play that PS1 game Time Commando? It was pretty fun.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:49 am

JaysonAych wrote:

New from Activision and Infinity Ward: "Talon Goes Back in Time With Modern Weapons And Kicks Some Ass."

The look on the colonials' faces. :roflmao:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:08 am

Talon wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

The look on the colonials' faces. :roflmao:

This...is my BOOMSTICK.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Remember... shop smart... shop S-Mart. YA GOT THAT!
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:26 am

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:42 am

Alright, the Gewehr 43 is officially my favorite weapon in that game. I just went 23 - 1 (fucking betty) on Airfield with stopping power/deep impact and an aperture sight. That fucking thing can put its entire magazine on or around target from across the map without hardly any recoil.

It's fun sniping the snipers without a scope.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:28 am

there was actually some movie years ago that featured a guy that traveled back to the 17 or 1800s with a couple of uzis and fucked shit up. :roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:46 am

Time Cop. Guy came back to the late 1800's to steal a wagon full of gold from the US Government
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum