Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lol china

+5
JaysonAych
Olds
xtine
big_jesus
9 posters

Go down

lol china Empty lol china

Post by big_jesus Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:24 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/18/chinese.drywall/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

(CNN) -- Officials are looking into claims that Chinese-made drywall installed in some Florida homes is emitting smelly, corrosive gases and ruining household systems such as air conditioners, the Consumer Product Safety Commission says.

The Florida Health Department, which is investigating whether the drywall poses any health risks, said it has received more than 140 homeowner complaints. And class-action lawsuits allege defective drywall has caused problems in at least three states -- Florida, Louisiana and Alabama -- while some attorneys involved claim such drywall may have been used in tens of thousands of U.S. homes.

Homeowners' lawsuits contend the drywall has caused them to suffer health problems such as headaches and sore throats and face huge repair expenses.

The drywall is alleged to have high levels of sulfur and, according to homeowners' complaints, the sulfur-based gases smell of rotten eggs and corrode piping and wiring, causing electronics and appliances to fail.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

lol china Empty Re: lol china

Post by xtine Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Huh. And all this time, I thought it was due to living with gassy menfolk.
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:47 pm

it's a combination really

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Wow, I can't believe it's cheaper to use Chinese-made drywall all the way in Florida....
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 pm

How does a culture that makes such good food also make so many poisonous things?
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:35 pm

JaysonAych wrote:How does a culture that makes such good food also make so many poisonous things?
I just ate Chinese for lunch after going for about 5 weeks without buying my lunch at work at all. I can already tell that people on the plane with me to Sydney tonight will be rueing my decision.

I'd been pretty much gas free at work since bringing my lunch everyday, yet I had my first big fart come today before i'd even finished eating the chinese. :lol:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:49 pm

I'll keep an eye out for any news stories about people willfully jumping out of an airliner. Make sure to take pics :talon2:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:01 am

fucking gooks

fish
On some boards, you might have Jefferson's Status. Here, naught but misery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:35 am

goddamn. trapped in a small space with a gassy dunnas...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:44 am

i'd be more worried about the lack of adequate headroom...
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:01 pm

dunnas wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:How does a culture that makes such good food also make so many poisonous things?
I just ate Chinese for lunch after going for about 5 weeks without buying my lunch at work at all. I can already tell that people on the plane with me to Sydney tonight will be rueing my decision.

I'd been pretty much gas free at work since bringing my lunch everyday, yet I had my first big fart come today before i'd even finished eating the chinese. :lol:

What's chinese food like over there? I'm guessing it's got to be different from the stuff we get here considering a lot of it isn't authentically chinese.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:02 pm

There would be plenty of authentic places around Melbourne but they're not where I ever go. We have the same westernised Chinese that you guys have, although not all the same dishes. General Tsaos and orange chicken seem to be really popular there whereas we don't have them here at all.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down