Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far

+7
Talon
Dodge
Omni
JaysonAych
dunnas
Aristotle
Honor
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far - Page 2 Empty Re: cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far

Post by Omni Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:29 pm

honor man wrote:It is hard. The enemies are all like super deadeyes and have like instant reaction time. Very unrealistic. It feels like I'm fighting terminators, not human beings.

Haha, they are like terminators. That sniper dude fucked me up so many times.
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far - Page 2 Empty Re: cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far

Post by Honor Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:34 pm

oh yeah, and i shot him in the heart at least 5 times and "only wounded him"

:Swerve:
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Omni wrote:I've played more of the single player and it's pretty fucking hard on veteran. It's kind of bullshit though because they make the rules of the game unfair instead of making enemies smarter. The AI teammates are totally useless. Sometimes it takes them up to a minute to kill one enemy when there are like 4 of them shooting at him. They also let enemies walk past them and shoot me. The enemies are fucking crackshots and I've been sniped in the head a shitload of times when the guy didn't even have time to aim. They also always aim for you and often ignore your teammates while lobbing 8 fucking granades at you. It's like playing 007 mode on Goldeneye. I still think the multiplayer is really fun though and it's why I bought the game anyway.

I hate when games do that shit. I remember one of the MoA's that the Germans would be hitting me with their SMGs (forget what they're called) from so far away I could barely see them, let alone hit them with my Thompson. They would just pop up out of coverage and be hitting me with a gun who's effective shot distances isn't half of what they were hitting me from before I could even get my sniper scope on them. 500 yards distance, SMG vs sniper rifle... one would think I had the upper hand, but I guess not. How can the programmers who make the game possibly think that shit is a good idea? :grrr: :curses:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:00 pm

honor man wrote:i just borrowed gears 2 from some kid i work with. im gonna lend him fallout 3 in return. its nice to have alot of friends with video games. saves me money. :cheers:

A buddy and I do that at work, but I have way better games. I always give him way better games than he gives me. :smelly:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:06 pm

hahah fuck the unbalanced trade. :smelly:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Aristotle wrote:hahah fuck the unbalanced trade. :smelly:

haha welcome to my life:

Me: Here's your Tahitian Pearl necklace.

Her: Here's your socks.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:38 pm

TheWoerus wrote:

haha welcome to my life:

You're Tahitian?
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:34 pm

TheWoerus wrote:

haha welcome to my life:

:roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:58 pm

Spinal wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

haha welcome to my life:

You're Tahitian?

No, it's where you yell BORA-BORA while you shoot your load. And then Europeans arrive and give her smallpox.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:09 am

:blowjobface:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:41 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Spinal wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

haha welcome to my life:

You're Tahitian?

No, it's where you yell BORA-BORA while you shoot your load. And then Europeans arrive and give her smallpox.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've read all month.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:31 pm

im thinking of buying an xbox to play this game....but whats the difference in all the different ones? im tempted to go down the ebay route to get one with all the shit already bought for it, but there's even more model types on there

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Unless you're planning on getting into online multiplayer, which I can't imagine is your kind of thing these days, it's definitely not worth buying one just for COD5. There are so many other good games for the 360 though it's definitely worth buying one.

Assuming you've also had the recent price cuts they are really good value now, so i'd buy new to be safe. The arcade bundle (cheapest) has everything you need to play (including a wireless controller these days, rather than wired like they used to and HDMI), except that it has a 256mb memory card instead of a HDD which means you can save games but not download any content.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:21 am

dunnas wrote:Unless you're planning on getting into online multiplayer, which I can't imagine is your kind of thing these days, it's definitely not worth buying one just for COD5. There are so many other good games for the 360 though it's definitely worth buying one.

Assuming you've also had the recent price cuts they are really good value now, so i'd buy new to be safe. The arcade bundle (cheapest) has everything you need to play (including a wireless controller these days, rather than wired like they used to and HDMI), except that it has a 256mb memory card instead of a HDD which means you can save games but not download any content.

I got the elite and I'm pretty satisfied.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:28 pm

TheWoerus wrote:

haha welcome to my life:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:29 pm

the 360 is pretty close to being my ideal gaming system. minus the reliability issues.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:42 pm

there's an online guide to fixing the RROD. i think if i bought one, i'd just fix it myself. fuck the warranty. plus, if you fix it yourself, you skip using the cheap components that M$ used, thus reducing the recurrence of the RROD.

also, here's a tip: keep your box horizontal. the thermal paste M$ uses is so shitty that if you operate your console in the vertical position, the paste melts and runs down the board. i shit you not. that's unacceptable.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:34 am

i bought one...and cod5 and halo 3

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:02 pm

fuck. now everybody has a console but wally and me. if he gets a fucking xbox or a playstation, i'm going to fly a fat person to edmonton to suffocate him. :smelly:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Aristotle wrote:fuck. now everybody has a console but wally and me. if he gets a fucking xbox or a playstation, i'm going to fly a fat person to edmonton to suffocate him. :smelly:

Haha that's not happening any time soon. Fuck Christmas. :mercifulend:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:55 pm

thank fucking god.

i'm mailing a thank you note to the doc.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Aristotle wrote:thank fucking god.

i'm mailing a thank you note to the doc.

Dear Doc

Walrus T. Boner is not able to afford a XBox or Playstation 3 because of all your pearls and diamond earings and stuff. w00t. kthxbye

Very sincerely yours,
Aristotle.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:19 pm

:roflmao:

if you could print that up and sign it with a big "X", i'll buy you an americoke.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Aristotle wrote::roflmao:

if you could print that up and sign it with a big "X", i'll buy you an americoke.

cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far - Page 2 Photo10
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:14 pm

hahahahha

this is my favorite xmas gift ever.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:30 pm

Aristotle wrote:there's an online guide to fixing the RROD. i think if i bought one, i'd just fix it myself. fuck the warranty. plus, if you fix it yourself, you skip using the cheap components that M$ used, thus reducing the recurrence of the RROD.

also, here's a tip: keep your box horizontal. the thermal paste M$ uses is so shitty that if you operate your console in the vertical position, the paste melts and runs down the board. i shit you not. that's unacceptable.

yeah, but then if you fuck anything up that's it, you gotta buy a new one. they wont fix it at all.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:31 pm

i fixed my own ps2 when it was having that laser reading height problem or whatever, but it was like 5 years old by that point anyway
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:34 pm

honor man wrote:
Aristotle wrote:there's an online guide to fixing the RROD. i think if i bought one, i'd just fix it myself. fuck the warranty. plus, if you fix it yourself, you skip using the cheap components that M$ used, thus reducing the recurrence of the RROD.

yeah, but then if you fuck anything up that's it, you gotta buy a new one. they wont fix it at all.

true, but the whole process is relatively simple, and i'd be surprised if anyone, with even the tiniest bit of mechanical aptitude, screwed it up.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:35 pm

i think my warranty already expired anyway, so if it happens again i wont really have a choice but to do it myself.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:41 pm

shit dude i just checked youtube, and they have a bunch of how-tos on there.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:51 pm

honor man wrote:i think my warranty already expired anyway, so if it happens again i wont really have a choice but to do it myself.

I think in the case of the RROD, the warranty is extended.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:54 pm

i need to go get a snack of some sort.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Aristotle wrote:i need to go get a snack of some sort.

I was just thinking the same thing. Actually. Sigh.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:47 pm

i got some sushi and an almond brownie balance bar.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:51 pm

halo 3 is fucking awesome. certainly more playable so far than cod5 is. what other shooter genres are good? i like the look of tom clancy advanced warfighter

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 pm

yeah, halo is kind of the gold standard for console shooters.

clancy games are a lot of fun. especially if you like fucking around with different guns and stuff. get rainbow six las vegas.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 pm

oh, and get fallout 3, because it's apparently quite epic.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Aristotle wrote:oh, and get fallout 3, because it's apparently quite epic.

+27

F.E.A.R. is good too. Condemned 1 & 2 are very very good...Condemned focuses more on melee weapons than the guns (you still get boomsticks, however), and it's done extremely well.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Aristotle wrote:i got some sushi and an almond brownie balance bar.

I went and did the g/f's dishes. :undies:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:23 pm

jesus christ man!
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next