Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man I hate single make car forums (rant)

4 posters

Go down

Man I hate single make car forums (rant) Empty Man I hate single make car forums (rant)

Post by SBF Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 am

I am on a couple Corvair forums. One has a ton of traffic, the other not so much, so I stick with the one that has the more traffic.

So I made a post asking what people would like to see for the aftermarket, because the aftermarket is pretty weak for the Corvair and I wanted to see what other people besides myself wishes what was out there. I made it clear that I was just curious.

People started posting what they wish was out there and then (as I thought would happen) someone posted that there won't be an aftermarket and it's too hard to fund making the parts, etc. So, I just replied to them saying that my intentions were not to make parts, I just was curious what other people wanted.

Well it all went down hill from there, because as most forums go, nobody reads the previous posts and only read the original post, then shoot from the hip.

Basically I had one full page of people who have been in the "industry" giving me total shit about how you can't make money trying to make aftermarket parts for the Corvair and blah blah blah blah blah.  Even with my attempt to say (a few times) that I had no intentions to produce anything, it wasn't getting through. One guy got super cocky and basically verbally attacked me about the whole thing, mainly because he couldn't read or chose not to.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me on a one-make forum. People get too full of themselves.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Man I hate single make car forums (rant) Empty Re: Man I hate single make car forums (rant)

Post by ascona Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:43 pm

One make forums are shit everywhere
ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Man I hate single make car forums (rant) Empty Re: Man I hate single make car forums (rant)

Post by Talon Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:29 pm

I would say we should spam the shit out of them like the old days, but we had better numbers (and Soliz) back then. Maybe you could throw a Dusty Donut up there for old time's sake.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Well I felt a little bad, dudes one of the guys that's pretty helpful on the board and he made a post about leaving. So I sent him a PM and told him shit got out of hand and let bygones be bygones. Hopefully he's not a super douche and gets over it.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:11 am

ascona wrote:forums are shit everywhere
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down