Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far

+7
Talon
Dodge
Omni
JaysonAych
dunnas
Aristotle
Honor
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far Empty cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far

Post by Honor Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 pm

played a little bit of cod 5 single player. mediocre at best so far. feels, looks, and moves alot more like cod 3 than 4. its pretty easy to tell treyarch made this game and not activision. bullet placement doesnt seem to be very good like it was in 4. its about the same as it was in 3. meaning if a part of a guys body is sticking out a little bit in certain situations and you shoot him there, it wont hit him. sloppy game making at its best. cod 4 was a tight, well made game in every aspect. im pretty sure this game wont measure up to it in the long run.

activision>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>treyarch
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far Empty Re: cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far

Post by Honor Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:53 pm

i havent even finished the first mission yet but 4 felt much better. fuck treyarch and their sloppy, lazy game making up their fucking asses.

oh and just like i suspected, its alot less fun to fight the japs than the nazis
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far Empty Re: cod 5 single player kinda sucks so far

Post by Aristotle Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:34 pm

yeah, i think the WWII shooter is getting played out. they need to take a break for a while.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:42 pm

its been played out for years. and activision did take a break by making cod 4 and then good ol treyarch went back to wwii again with 5. who cares if it has the japanese in it this time, its still in the same period with the same weapons and all.

with all the money game developers have made off of wwii games they should really build a shrine of gratitude to hitler
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:45 pm

hahaha imagine if hitler was alive and got royalties from WWII video games. dude would be a billionaire.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:18 pm

You're clearly crazy. If feels exactly like COD4 and the graphics are just as good too, only completely different environments.

I shared playing the first 2/3 of the single player last week at a 'launch' event last Saturday and thought it was fine, and that was without really being able to hear it at all because of the other 100 360's that were there and mostly while sitting uncomfortably on a semi-inflated blow up chair.

I wouldn't judge too much on just the first mission.

The multiplayer is even more identical to COD4 in the way it looks and feels.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:34 pm

Aristotle wrote:yeah, i think the WWII shooter is getting played out. they need to take a break for a while.

Yeah, I'm sick of the WW2 stuff also. Playing through all of those franchises (Medal of Honor, COD, Brothers in Arms) probably takes longer to do than the fucking war itself.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 am

:roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:21 am

I haven't played a lot of the single player but I'm loving the multiplayer. It's a fresh version of COD4 even if it isn't on quite the same level.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 am

You really need to play multiplayer Eric. You should have played it in COD4 because it adds so much to the game. The single player in 4 is good and all but it has little to do with why I like that game so much.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:21 pm

Well it can't be any more dissapointing than Far Cry 2...what a crapfest that has turned out to be..doesn't live up to the first at all.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:01 pm

far CRIEING

i wish they'd get a real war-based MMO going. something more like WoW but with contemporary war and strategy, etc. i think it would be fun. have some tanks, and choppers, and jets, artillery, etc., etc. it would be really awesome if you had scientists and could work toward making a nuke.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:44 pm

Omni wrote:You really need to play multiplayer Eric. You should have played it in COD4 because it adds so much to the game. The single player in 4 is good and all but it has little to do with why I like that game so much.
COD5 had ridiculously overpowered tanks. I could just avoid them but they piss me off so much I can't help running straight back to them and trying to kill them and my k/d ratio goes to hell. They seem to be able to take at least 4 rockets or sticky grenades without blowing up. :curses:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:18 pm

dunnas wrote:
Omni wrote:You really need to play multiplayer Eric. You should have played it in COD4 because it adds so much to the game. The single player in 4 is good and all but it has little to do with why I like that game so much.
COD5 had ridiculously overpowered tanks. I could just avoid them but they piss me off so much I can't help running straight back to them and trying to kill them and my k/d ratio goes to hell. They seem to be able to take at least 4 rockets or sticky grenades without blowing up. :curses:

Well there is only 2 on the map at any time. That isn't so bad.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:20 am

That's not true, in one game last night the enemy team had 3 in one group while I think we had one of our own as well.

They're far too hard to kill and they also have a lot of splash damage against people which makes firing a rocket and then popping back behind a wall a deadly affair.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:46 am

i did play multi in 4. i played it almost nonstop for liek a month and a half straight. then i started playing bully.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Hmmm, I was thinking about getting CoD5...maybe not?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:45 pm

4 is better
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:45 pm

rent it first and see what you think
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:07 am

^Good call.

I really like Gears II... much better than the first. I thought the first one was okay, but this one is much better IMO. Just beat it, going in for round two later. I will give it a solid 9.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:05 am

Talon wrote:^Good call.

I really like Gears II... much better than the first. I thought the first one was okay, but this one is much better IMO. Just beat it, going in for round two later. I will give it a solid 9.

I played the first Gears for about half an hour and decided I didn't like it at all. The gameplay just seemed goofy.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:06 am

honor man wrote:

i did play multi in 4. i played it almost nonstop for liek a month and a half straight. then i started playing bully.

Every time I wanted to play multiplayer you'd never play. You could have gotten a lot more out of that game.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:21 am

dunnas wrote:That's not true, in one game last night the enemy team had 3 in one group while I think we had one of our own as well.

They're far too hard to kill and they also have a lot of splash damage against people which makes firing a rocket and then popping back behind a wall a deadly affair.

I still haven't had much of a problem with them. If you use rockets well then the tank won't even know where it came from. Is it even possible to pick up rocket launchers in this game? I don't think you can from what I've seen and that makes dealing with tanks a lot more annoying.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Omni wrote:
Talon wrote:^Good call.

I played the first Gears for about half an hour and decided I didn't like it at all. The gameplay just seemed goofy.

It's been a while since I played the first one, but the controls in the second are spot on.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:08 pm

I also heard the single player in CoD5 was like 5 hours. Fffffffffffffuck
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:19 am

but it is cool to set the japs on fire with the flamethrower and then see them rolling around on the ground screaming in pain
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:20 am

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:

Every time I wanted to play multiplayer you'd never play. You could have gotten a lot more out of that game.

i hadnt been playing in a while and was rusty at that point and i didnt want to affect our beloved k/d ratio :curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:22 am

i just borrowed gears 2 from some kid i work with. im gonna lend him fallout 3 in return. its nice to have alot of friends with video games. saves me money. :cheers:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:04 am

I was contemplating buying COD 5 today, then I remembered this thread...
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:59 pm

for pc? or did you buy a 360 finally>?

you should get cod 4, its great. 5 is alright, i just liked 4 alot more.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:15 am

honor man wrote:for pc? or did you buy a 360 finally>?

you should get cod 4, its great. 5 is alright, i just liked 4 alot more.

na. The g/f has a PS2 so I thought I'd pick something up. Might get cod4 for the computer though.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:14 pm

ps2? its not 2001 any more wally. :thwak:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:16 pm

come on wally, a commercial just came on for the xbox 360. now starting at a measly $199. and you can get xbox live for about 4 bucks a month. :curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:18 pm

granted that model comes with no harddrive, but i dont think you would really need one. youre a casual gamer if anything.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:37 pm

I've played more of the single player and it's pretty fucking hard on veteran. It's kind of bullshit though because they make the rules of the game unfair instead of making enemies smarter. The AI teammates are totally useless. Sometimes it takes them up to a minute to kill one enemy when there are like 4 of them shooting at him. They also let enemies walk past them and shoot me. The enemies are fucking crackshots and I've been sniped in the head a shitload of times when the guy didn't even have time to aim. They also always aim for you and often ignore your teammates while lobbing 8 fucking granades at you. It's like playing 007 mode on Goldeneye. I still think the multiplayer is really fun though and it's why I bought the game anyway.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:40 pm

It is hard. The enemies are all like super deadeyes and have like instant reaction time. Very unrealistic. It feels like I'm fighting terminators, not human beings.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:43 pm

Omni wrote:I've played more of the single player and it's pretty fucking hard on veteran. It's kind of bullshit though because they make the rules of the game unfair instead of making enemies smarter. The AI teammates are totally useless. Sometimes it takes them up to a minute to kill one enemy when there are like 4 of them shooting at him. They also let enemies walk past them and shoot me. The enemies are fucking crackshots and I've been sniped in the head a shitload of times when the guy didn't even have time to aim. They also always aim for you and often ignore your teammates while lobbing 8 fucking granades at you. It's like playing 007 mode on Goldeneye. I still think the multiplayer is really fun though and it's why I bought the game anyway.

yeah man, the grenades are ridiculous.thats how it was in cod 3 too. fuckin treyarch and their grenade parades.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:25 pm

I'm fucking broke.. So I'm not getting any video games now.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:34 pm

yeah. i was at best buy again yesterday standing in the video game isle. piles of wiis, ps3s, and xboxes. i really, really wanted all of them.

also: bellevue, washington has no idea there's any trouble in the economy. that store was fucking PACKED.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:03 pm

You know, I know I played CoD2 & 3... I just don't remember them. All those WWII shooters just started running together in my head after awhile.

CoD4 on the other hand. I still play that shit at least once a day.
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next