Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on!

+7
thewalrus
Turbojett
Dodge
Tailhappy
Honor
SBF
JaysonAych
11 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on!

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:45 am

JaysonAych wrote:

Does your car have to be parallel or perpendicular to the yellow wall? Do you have to "enter" the car from any certain angle? I'm not figuring it out.

It doesn't matter, as long as part of the car is touching the yellow wall, and the part closest to the tire wall is JUST big enough to drop the camera down there. Sorry, forgot to mention that. Pull the camera up and over the tire wall, then down between the wall and your car, and by fiddling around with the left paddle button, and pushing the camera forward from the left stick, gently move it until it starts gliding toward, and into, your car. It takes some practice to get the moves down, and to get close enough (but not too close) to the wall to make it work.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:10 pm

that's what she said! :saynomore:
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 am

Just gotta find that g-spot.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:15 am

Built my cockpit today.

Started with a 2006ish Ford Fusion seat I got from work for free, on a base made from 2X4's my landlord left beneath the stairs in my basement.

Yes its made of wood. Cheap and easy to work with. Have access to a welder, but no free material.

Now that I got my wheel/pedals, I was able to plan out the rest. Here's the base and 'firewall' were the pedals mount to:

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Img_2017

Swapped gas and clutch to mount inverted:

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Img_2018

Finished the hardest part, which was the top and the supports for it. Even added a dead pedal:

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Img_2019

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Img_2020

Still need to work out a way to make the seat either permanently mounted to the pedal base, or moveable to ease ingress/egress of my fat ass:

Close
Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Img_2021

Far (where my driving postion is at)
Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Img_2022

The side no one sees:
Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Img_2023

All said and done it cost me literally nothing. Even used the new rechargable hand saw I got as a gift from Mazda. Aaaaand was gonna use it tonight, but found out the pedals DON'T FUCKING WORK. Not sure why, but I know its not something I did when inverting them.
Oh well, Gives me more time to finish the cockpit properly.
Going to paint it and wrap it in soft vinyl maybe, or something free I find at work.....

Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:08 am

do you get rowdy while driving? like leaning, thrashing, fidgeting, like I do someti--okay, all the time? I'd give it just a liiiiiittle extra reinforcement, just for added insurance; especially the dash. Would have been nicer still to have some scrap metal to build it out of.

I do like the setup though, and it's cool you were able to score a (free!) seat from a comfortable car. Not like you're actually going to need thigh/shoulder bolstering for G-loads or anything, but the important thing is that your ass won't go numb during an enduro.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:17 am

Seeing that setup makes me hard. That's awesome. :talon2:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:03 am

I sat there and pretended I was racing LIKE A MAD MAN and noticed SOME flex, so I reinforced it in some areas. Its pretty solid.
And if it breaks? Well, I have several more 2x4s so I can make the vertical supports from those instead, and 1/2" plywood instead of the pressboard shit I used (it was on top of the pile, easiest to get to, and the right size), so its easy to fix.
There's actually more support under the dash-top than you think.

Thanks Jay, can't wait to USE IT when I get WORKING PEDALS. :grrr:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 pm

I couldn't get used to using a wheel. Ive been using a controller for 20 years and its really all im comfortable with. I do have a kinect but haven't tried to use the ghost wheel yet. Seems too weird.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:58 pm

I tried a wheel once with GT3. It SUCKED ASS. Was probably the wheel, but for the life of me no matter how I adjusted it I couldn't just simply go STRAIGHT.

That said, when I was a PC gamer, I always used a wheel (or when feeling saucy, a flight stick) so its nice to go back to one.... IF I can get a working set of pedals.
Fanatec e-mailed me this morning, they're rushing a new set out to me.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:15 am

lol. i never tried a flight stick. that sounds wicked difficult.
I'm with Honor, I've been using a controller since I could play racing games, so that's what I'm mst comfortable with. Hell, it wasn't even until a few years ago that i got the hang of a manual transmission in video games. though i would like to get a wheel and get used to that. shifting would probably be a lot easier I imagine.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:36 am

I used a racing wheel way back on the ColecoVision ^_^

The last time I used one with any regularity was on the Dreamcast with Metropolis Street Racer. I remember I bought a MadCatz wheel for the original XBox but it was awful so I took it back.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:27 am

Pubbies, man. Fucking pubbies.

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:34 am

This is why I don't race online. Jeez, I hope it gets better... they said it'll get better.... they said when the next big game comes out, it'll get better..... it hasn't gotten better.....
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:52 am

holy shit dude. fucking noobs.

i don't think i would have the patience to race online. I'm focusing on getting up the pack and everyone else is trying to knock each other (and me) off the road. that's bullshit, man.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 am

Also, I was expecting that little thing to sound like a power drill or a ricer, but I'm pleasantly surprised how meaty it sounds.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:32 pm

I havent played FM4 in weeks, because of skyrim, looking forward to getting into it again and seeing all the new cars and wondering if i recieved any gifts from turn 10. :perv:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:03 pm

clockbreaker wrote:I havent played FM4 in weeks, because of skyrim, looking forward to getting into it again and seeing all the new cars and wondering if i recieved any gifts from turn 10. :perv:

T10's been giving away cars like MAD to VIPs and people who play certain Rivals races and whatnot. I think I got, like, 4 or 5 in the past few weeks.

I myself have not played in a week. Was miffed about my broke ass Fanatec pedals. The replacement set will be here Monday, and I painted my cockpit tonight (still want to cover it in a soft backed vinyl, but don't feel like going to any sissy craft store), but I have really been holding out to try and play with my wheel/pedals.
But last night I farted around to make some pics for a photo comp on fm.net. 10million grand prize. Took this when I did a few actual races, love this car, could watch this thing deploy all day long:

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Grabbe10
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:47 pm

pubbies + noobs = pubes ^_^
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Benfolio wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:I havent played FM4 in weeks, because of skyrim, looking forward to getting into it again and seeing all the new cars and wondering if i recieved any gifts from turn 10. :perv:

T10's been giving away cars like MAD to VIPs and people who play certain Rivals races and whatnot. I think I got, like, 4 or 5 in the past few weeks.

I myself have not played in a week. Was miffed about my broke ass Fanatec pedals. The replacement set will be here Monday, and I painted my cockpit tonight (still want to cover it in a soft backed vinyl, but don't feel like going to any sissy craft store), but I have really been holding out to try and play with my wheel/pedals.
But last night I farted around to make some pics for a photo comp on fm.net. 10million grand prize. Took this when I did a few actual races, love this car, could watch this thing deploy all day long:

Is that the GTX? That car's pretty awesome.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Benfolio wrote:

Is that the GTX? That car's pretty awesome.

Ayuh.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 am

OMG '66 COUNTRY SQUIRE IN THE MARCH PACK!!! http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/march_pirelli_car_pack/

I almost yelled out "Holy shit" at work when that came up on my screen.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:12 am

While the Country Squire is badass, I cannot be as excited for it as I am for

A MOTHER FUCKING CORVAIR!!!!!!! :yipyipyip:

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 1969_c10

Unfortunately they must have not done any research at all, because they picked a '69 Monza 110. They should have done at least a 140, but I would have expected them to do either a '66 Corsa 180 Turbo or a Yenko Stinger.

Oh well, I'm stoked either way.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:15 am

:zachsgotgas:

Can't wait to make a Death Proof '69 Nova SS.

Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:35 pm

SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 am

it's not just a Boxster and a GT3 is it? that first pic looks fucking amazing though.
edit: oh, durr. read link first dumbass. :grrr:
i hope it has a 930 and a 356B
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 am

I wish there were more details about that Forza Horizon game. I've heard rumors that it's going to be some sort of open world game, like TDU.

Since Turn 10 isn't doing it, it will probably blow.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Yeah the rumors are everywhere from a open world game where you race from concert to concert (because of the trailer) to a open world game where you can import your Forza4 cars and race them on real world roads across the country.

T10 has a hand in it I think I read, but yeah, its mostly people from many many other game companies working together on it.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Yeah I was floored when I saw Porsche is coming back. Wonder what changed EA's mind.

And I just bought a Lancia Integrale. Quick tight little car. I like it alot.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:12 am

Juan Pablo Montoya is this month's King Of The Track rival. Finally, someone that's gonna be hard to beat.
Aaaaannnnd I am NOT fast with my wheel setup with high powered RWD cars. Constant corrections and quick reactions are needed to keep them going straight and keeping the rear end behind the front end. Its very taxing sawing the wheel back and forth no matter what amount of countersteer is needed.
For general play its fun, and I can beat the AI somewhat easily. But for online and rivals stuff where every tenth counts, I'm using my controller.

And hello, sexy:

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 Squire10
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:27 pm

You cant use DLC cars if you're not connected to Xbox Live, even if you downloaded them to your harddrive. WTF?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm

And what GTX is that with the Air Grabber? Much to my dismay I didn't have any gift cars when I logged back in after not playing for a few months.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 pm

1971 GTX. I think it came with the Muscle Car pack you got if you pre-ordered.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:38 am

clockbreaker wrote:You cant use DLC cars if you're not connected to Xbox Live, even if you downloaded them to your harddrive. WTF?

Yeah you can. Have you changed hard drives or changed consoles but kept the hard drive from the old one? If so, you may need to resync the licenses for your DLC.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

If the gamertag isn't synched up to the new console's serial ID, you have to connect to Live to use your DLC until you migrate everything over. Once that's done, you're good.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:39 am

I'm faster than Juan Pablo Montoya, yeeeeaaaahhh. ^_^

Forza Motorsport 4 - It's on! - Page 6 6835526208_6fb101d490_z
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:41 am

JaysonAych wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:You cant use DLC cars if you're not connected to Xbox Live, even if you downloaded them to your harddrive. WTF?

Yeah you can. Have you changed hard drives or changed consoles but kept the hard drive from the old one? If so, you may need to resync the licenses for your DLC.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

If the gamertag isn't synched up to the new console's serial ID, you have to connect to Live to use your DLC until you migrate everything over. Once that's done, you're good.

Yeah I switch back and forth between 2 consoles. I usually play offline on my spare one when my brother is on the main one playing Battlefield. I guess that was the issue because I tried it last night and they all worked offline. :cheers:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:46 am

And I love doing what I think is a tight clean lap and then looking at the leaderboards to see tailhappy beat it by like 5 seconds or more. What a douche that guy is. :curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 pm

clockbreaker wrote:And I love doing what I think is a tight clean lap and then looking at the leaderboards to see tailhappy beat it by like 5 seconds or more. What a douche that guy is. :curses:

^_^

If its any consolation, that Tailhappy guy sucks with his wheel, and is slow in anything RWD due to its.... tailhappiness. :zachsgotgas:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:19 am

Benfolio wrote:I'm faster than Juan Pablo Montoya, yeeeeaaaahhh. ^_^

3/10ths? close shave. must have been sharking you pretty hard.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:11 am

Turbojett wrote:
Benfolio wrote:I'm faster than Juan Pablo Montoya, yeeeeaaaahhh. ^_^

3/10ths? close shave. must have been sharking you pretty hard.

Racing against his ghost replay. In a very slide-y overpowered car on a shitty track with bad visibility. So many 2nd gear corners its ridiculous.
After 20-ish laps I was faster than him through the first few corners, but he was better on the last few and then the exit to the oval. Finally I nailed the last corner and kept ahead onto the oval and down the front straight. Promptly fist pumped and dropped my controller like a mic in a rap battle. :Ihaveatleastoneblac

Still, 5000+ people beat him too, and the quickest times are in the 1:27 range. :huh:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:15 pm

what track was it?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next