Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Shit.

+4
Les_Vipers_rule
ascona
Turbofrog
Turbojett
8 posters

Go down

Holy Shit. Empty Holy Shit.

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 pm

They finally completely reenginered the Ford Ranger. It's not the exact same again piece of crap it was 27 years ago.
2012my completely new from the ground up.
Holy Shit. Ford-Ranger_2012_photo_04
Holy Shit. Ford-Ranger_2012_photo_03

there's also a Mazda version, but... ugh...I mean...it's rather awkwardly styled, don't you think?
Holy Shit. Mazda-BT-50_2012_photo_01
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Holy Shit. Empty Re: Holy Shit.

Post by Turbofrog Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:12 pm

I don't actually think the Mazda version is terrible - it's a little bit overwrought, but I can see how it would appeal to sportier buyers.

Is it finally a unibody?

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:32 pm

i thouhgt mazda was gonna stop that dsign language?

also, that ford looks familiar...
ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Turbofrog wrote:Is it finally a unibody?
it didn;t really say. it said "all new chassis frame" several times, but that seems kind of purposely vague, which doesn't spell very good news in that area...

however, upon re-reading the oress release, I came upon more bad news:
Although not planned for introduction in the United States or Canada, the all-new Ford Ranger will eventually be marketed in 180 countries, making it one of Ford's farthest reaching products. This reflects the importance of compact pickup trucks to consumers in many parts of the world and the significance of the Ranger in Ford's global product portfolio.

Ok.
What. The. Fuck.
Does this mean we're still going to be stuck with the same piece of crap we had almost 30 years ago for another cycle? What happened to this ONE FORD idea that they're bandying about? It's the whoe idea of ONE FORD that EVRYONE gets EVERY major model?
I don't think that Ford can really afford to give the rest of the world a completely new Ranger and starve their home market of it when they're still offering this hunk of shit:
Holy Shit. 163_0910

which is essentially the same as this hunk of shit:
Holy Shit. Ford-r10

In essence, back to your lives citizens, we've been duped.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Ford may not be planning to sell the new Ranger in Canada and the USA because they may feel it could take away from F150 sales here. In other parts of the world the F150 is not as large of a seller as it is here. So maybe they figure a smaller truck as in the Ranger is better. Higher gas prices have a effect on that too.

Many people here in North America are back into buying gas guzzlers, yes even in Canada where gas is notably higher than in the USA. Why? I don't know as the price of gas is only going to go much higher as the oil companies cartel continue to manipulate production and pricing. In Canada most are already paying $1.00+ per litre for regular unleaded.

Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:41 pm

The updated Ford Ranger showed up at the Geneva Motor Show this week, but the U.S. won’t be getting it– at least not this year. The European Ranger features new interior and exterior design details, meant to give the light truck a sportier look and a more comfortable ride. The bodyshell has also been tweaked to minimize road noise.
you'll get it. just wait.

Ranger's toughness starts with a purpose-built truck backbone. Its unique overlapped, cross-braced ladder frame delivers clear strength superiority and the frame is engineered for greater rigidity than H-beam or open-beam configurations
whether you'd want it is another thing...

http://www.nextautos.com/first-look-europe%E2%80%99s-new-ford-ranger-may-give-us-a-glimpse-2011
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:34 pm

looks like a nissan. which is good.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:52 pm

ascona wrote:
The updated Ford Ranger showed up at the Geneva Motor Show this week, but the U.S. won’t be getting it– at least not this year. The European Ranger features new interior and exterior design details, meant to give the light truck a sportier look and a more comfortable ride. The bodyshell has also been tweaked to minimize road noise.
you'll get it. just wait.

Ranger's toughness starts with a purpose-built truck backbone. Its unique overlapped, cross-braced ladder frame delivers clear strength superiority and the frame is engineered for greater rigidity than H-beam or open-beam configurations
whether you'd want it is another thing...

http://www.nextautos.com/first-look-europe%E2%80%99s-new-ford-ranger-may-give-us-a-glimpse-2011

There is nothing wrong with a full frame on a truck. If it were unibody, I would be a little more prone not to buy it.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:54 pm

My question is, Do they actually sell a standard cab overseas?

All I ever see is crew cabs in pictures.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Also, I'm sorry, but Ford's light duty trucks are getting too car-like in the looks.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:47 am

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:Ford may not be planning to sell the new Ranger in Canada and the USA because they may feel it could take away from F150 sales here.

Pretty much this. I'd read an earlier article on the world Ranger stating that it's more of a Dakota-sized intermediate and isn't going to be much smaller than the F150. It would have to be priced close to the F150 to make a profit, and since it's not too far off in size, most North American buyers would just buy the F150 anyway.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 am

There's coincidentally a flash ad for this thing running in my other open tab - the www.drive.com.au site. It directs you here:

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Common&cid=1248885252235&c=DFYPage&site=FOA

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Just noticed this: check a look at the cut line separating the front fender from the hood, headlight and front fascia. Smooth artsy. I like it.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down