Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulled out from my vinyl collection a cool old Rock LP I have not played in a long while.

2 posters

Go down

Pulled out from my vinyl collection a cool old Rock LP I have not played in  a long while.  Empty Pulled out from my vinyl collection a cool old Rock LP I have not played in a long while.

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 pm

SWEET, Desolation Boulevard.

Link to album

This is just a fun, great classic rock album from the 70's. The music stands up well to the test of time. I remember first hearing it way back in the day when my late older brother bought the 8-track. I was  just a kid/young teen and I really grooved to the music. There is not a  crappy song on the album. I remember taking a small portable  cassette recorder and  sticking it between the  home speakers and making a   cassette copy for myself. I'd then  play the HELL out of the tape especially outside on a  nice day sitting  and relaxing either on  our home's  patio furniture  or laying on  a hammock my dad had strung up in our back yard, playing the tape while I'd  read all the mostly magazines I enjoyed back then, magazines  from   audio ones to plastic model building, to a little bit later  motorcycle mags. My  older brother was big into motorcycles  and  our mother hated it.  I'd  not likely  be seen as popular with her if I too bought a  bike later in my teens.  So I lived vicariously through my brother and his biking buddies  lives   and also from reading up   on all the  motorcycle tests, motorcycle racing news and motorcycle lifestyle stories in magazines, while  often this  Album from Sweet played as I  relaxed to such stuff.

It was a blast putting in on my turntable today and  just enjoying the rock and  tripping back in my mind... I miss my older brother Woe
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Pulled out from my vinyl collection a cool old Rock LP I have not played in  a long while.  Empty Re: Pulled out from my vinyl collection a cool old Rock LP I have not played in a long while.

Post by Honor Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:04 pm

what happened to your brother?
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Pulled out from my vinyl collection a cool old Rock LP I have not played in  a long while.  Empty Re: Pulled out from my vinyl collection a cool old Rock LP I have not played in a long while.

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Honor wrote:what happened to your brother?

He passed away from Hodgkins lymphoma. Cancer of the lymph nodes. It's been many years now (1987) but listening to this album brought back memories of those long past days. Add the fact that in recent days I've been Youtubing for videos of some of the types of motorcycles he owned and some he liked/wanted to own, well it's all fresh in my mind.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:05 am

Hmmm, that is usually considered a very treatable cancer. I suppose that wasn't the case back in 1987 though eh? Or did they just catch it after it metastasized to the rest of the body?
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Honor wrote:Hmmm, that is usually considered a very treatable cancer. I suppose that wasn't the case back in 1987 though eh? Or did they just catch it after it metastasized to the rest of the body?

Yeah the doctors were too late. He was stage 4 by the time they began to treat him.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down