Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one of the 'jackass' guys finally bit it....

+7
Turbojett
dunnas
JaysonAych
Talon
Honor
thewalrus
Aristotle
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

one of the 'jackass' guys finally bit it.... - Page 2 Empty Re: one of the 'jackass' guys finally bit it....

Post by JaysonAych Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:07 am

clockbreaker wrote:Yeah, they have had at least one police car guarding the site everyvtime I've driven by so far.

So you were unable to snag any parts to sell, eh?
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

one of the 'jackass' guys finally bit it.... - Page 2 Empty Re: one of the 'jackass' guys finally bit it....

Post by Tailhappy Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:13 am

WTB: Porsche 911 GT3 radio knob

Mine fell off and I lost it, I looked all over! Even under the seats. I don't want to pay outrageous dealer prices so if anyone has one from a stock radio if you upgraded, took out the stock radio to save weight, totaled your car into a grove of trees, let me know. Cash in hand or can PayPal you.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Heard his bac was twice the legal limit and he was doing 140.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:06 am

not too surprised about that. at least he didn't get into a head-on with some other people.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:56 am

I think I've only done 140+ in my life (Eclipse), stone sober and was still nervous.

Top speed runs (esp on a public street!) do nothing for me... too many things can go wrong, from a mechanical issue, police, to a stupid groundhog would all that's needed to end up like Dunn (again, even if sober).
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:15 am

Talon wrote:I think I've only done 140+ in my life (Eclipse), stone sober and was still nervous.

Top speed runs (esp on a public street!) do nothing for me... too many things can go wrong, from a mechanical issue, police, to a stupid groundhog would all that's needed to end up like Dunn (again, even if sober).

Not to mention, if it's on a public street, you also stand a far better chance of taking out some innocent passerby. Nothing wrong with having fun with your car, but the line for me begins and ends at the point where you start to share the risks you take with unwilling others.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:06 pm

there's no way i'd try 140 on any road around here. it's impossible to drive for more than 1/4 mi without seeing some kind of wildlife in or beside the road. hitting a deer at 60 is horrific. can't even imagine 140.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Ya. A dear running across the road was all I could think about when driving in Alberta
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:12 pm

Yeah, that kind of speed on a public road is pretty crazy. I've done 140 twice, both on roads out in the middle of nowhere. Once in my Talon in northern Michigan, and once in my Mustang out in the New Mexico desert. Got my heart pumping pretty fast both times.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2