Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian GP

+2
Turbojett
Swerve
6 posters

:: Sports

Go down

Canadian GP Empty Canadian GP

Post by Swerve Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:13 pm

What a crazy race! The action more than made up for the 2 and a half hours of delays.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP Empty Re: Canadian GP

Post by Turbojett Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 pm

the drivers must have been restless.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:03 am

It went from being a rather anti-climactic race to one due to weather and safety cars that ended very nicely for one Jenson Button. Yeah, he salvaged what would have been a sour weekend for my McLaren. Too bad Vettel could not have DNF'd into an armco or something. Oh well.

BTW a congrats to Schumacher (don't forget I am no Schumi fan so it's with respect I say this about him on the Canadian GP) who took advantage of the weather and safety cars to deliver a solid race. Had he been in a McLaren or Red Bull he'd surely have podium-ed. Had he been 4-5 years younger he may have won the race.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:32 am

Definitely that Krauts best performance since his return. It was almost shaping up as a Seb vs. Mick finale until the track dried out.

I feel sorry for Hamilton. He's not really doing too much wrong - it seems the concept of the "racing incident" has completely disappeared from F1 and the person attempting to overtake is always in the wrong and should always be penalised...

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:37 am

Oh and sucks for Kamui that an artificial aero advantage awarded Massa 6th place.

In my opinion KERS should be stored continually rather than per lap and DRS should be completely within the control of the driver. That way the ballsiest out there have the advantage. Imagine a Hamilton or Alonso keeping the wing open through a turn one sweeper to overtake on the outside. Or Eau Rouge...

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:49 am

Son of a bitch, I sat in front of the TV for about 90 mins waiting for the race to restart… eventually I left and missed it. Saw the last lap, though.
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:09 pm

probably the most interesting race this season. :talon2:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Swerve wrote:Definitely that Krauts best performance since his return. It was almost shaping up as a Seb vs. Mick finale until the track dried out.

I feel sorry for Hamilton. He's not really doing too much wrong - it seems the concept of the "racing incident" has completely disappeared from F1 and the person attempting to overtake is always in the wrong and should always be penalised...

On the contrary Brundle and Coulthard said it was Button's fault. Despite his protests you can see him look over twice at Hamilton and continue to turn into him.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down