Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love how my two favorite sports aren't deemed important enough for their own forums!

3 posters

:: Sports

Go down

I love how my two favorite sports aren't deemed important enough for their own forums! Empty I love how my two favorite sports aren't deemed important enough for their own forums!

Post by thewalrus Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:49 pm

I suppose I can take some solace in the fact that they aren't grouped into the near meaningless "other" category with such snore inducing past times as Soccer, Polo and Rugby.

I mean, people, did you not see the Giants kick ass in the Fall Classic? Atlanta.... gone. So much for Halladay's unstoppable pitching performance. And the less said about that feeble, flaccid, flatulent attempt by the Rangers to make a real series out it, the better!

And of course no ones giving the Giants the credit they deserve. Which is bullshit. BULL FUCKING SHIT.

Also, thank God the Lakers are back to their winning ways. I was worried. Gasol wasn't nearly himself for a while there.

i'm not one to believe in curses - but their slide really seemed to start after that kid fell to his death at Staples.

thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I love how my two favorite sports aren't deemed important enough for their own forums! Empty Re: I love how my two favorite sports aren't deemed important enough for their own forums!

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:34 am

One could say since they're both your favorite sports, that you basically have your own section of the forum to start conversations about the sports you love!

Or you could say this is the 4th thread about either sport in 16 months, and one of them was started by a guy who doesn't come around anymore, so.....

Whichever one makes you happy!
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

I love how my two favorite sports aren't deemed important enough for their own forums! Empty Re: I love how my two favorite sports aren't deemed important enough for their own forums!

Post by thewalrus Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 am

I'm going to go with the first option.

I'll be talking to myself a lot, in here, in the future.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:08 am

I predict only good things.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 pm

I agree about the giants, wally. Even if they did beat my team. They shut down all these great pitchers and still they're called a fluke.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:49 am

Clockbreaker wrote:I agree about the giants, wally. Even if they did beat my team. They shut down all these great pitchers and still they're called a fluke.

Now that you guys have Halladay AND Lee, I think it'll be an interesting season next year. That's a pretty formidable combination. Even though it's worse for the Giants, I'm happy Lee didn't go to the Yankees. Fuck them and their attempting to buy their way to another World Series. :curses:

thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Pitching is set, we have one of the best rotations in history. We just need hits. Time for Ryan Howard to prove he's not ready to be out to pasture.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Clockbreaker wrote:Pitching is set, we have one of the best rotations in history. We just need hits. Time for Ryan Howard to prove he's not ready to be out to pasture.

I'm going to be interested in seeing how the Giant's pitching holds up next season. I suspect Lincecum will get even better, Cain is phenomenal - 0.00 ERA in the post season, I think Bumgarner has real potential as well - he handled the World Series pressure amazingly, possibly a future Cy Young winner? Don't know about Zito, but he's apparently supposed to be good. And, of course Brian Wilson - that guy just kicks ass with a 1.81 ERA in 2010.

The problem for the Giants is really the same as the Phillies - reliable bats. A lot of guys stepped up to the plate (ha!) in the post season last year, but the hits really weren't there during the regular season.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Oh and Sandoval needs to lose some fucking weight. Dude's pushing 270. That's ridiculous for a baseball player - and especially ridiculous for a baseball player that isn't over 6 feet.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down