Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quick, someone give me 35k

+7
Swerve
Les_Vipers_rule
ascona
SBF
Talon
Turbojett
Honor
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by SBF Sun May 02, 2010 12:20 pm

What about kerosene? That was around back in the 1880s. Doc couldn't invent something to refine it even more? Or made the Delorean run on it.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4228
Join date : 2008-07-21
Age : 39
Location : B-Town, IL

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Tailhappy Sun May 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Fucking plot devices :curses:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4716
Join date : 2008-06-16
Age : 41
Location : Compton

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by JaysonAych Sun May 02, 2010 3:31 pm


_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 43

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Turbojett Sun May 02, 2010 9:53 pm

That's pretty clean, but $12K?
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 3530
Join date : 2008-06-20
Age : 40
Location : Im on ur mom...stuffin her trky

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by JaysonAych Sun May 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Turbojett wrote:That's pretty clean, but $12K?

It's 24 years old and only has 10,000 miles on it. A similar modern car with the same kind of mileage on it, say a 4-cylinder Hyundai Tiburon, is going to be a couple thousand more. It's still pricey (NADA lists a Daytona in this condition at around $6,500) but it's also unusual to find a G-body that hasn't been entirely beat to shit.

I wouldn't want to pay more than 10K for one, but given the rarity of finding one in decent condition, it's certainly tempting.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 43

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Turbojett Sun May 02, 2010 10:53 pm

yeah, and that's really low-mileage.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 3530
Join date : 2008-06-20
Age : 40
Location : Im on ur mom...stuffin her trky

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by SBF Mon May 03, 2010 12:32 am

You'd probably end up having similar issues as that DeLorean. Low mileage cars over 10-15 years old are bad news. My '86 Crown Vic had only 50k on the odo and the trans took a shit. I didn't even beat on that car, but that's not even a good example. If you even just drove it on the weekends you'd form all sorts of awesome leaks.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4228
Join date : 2008-07-21
Age : 39
Location : B-Town, IL

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Honor Mon May 03, 2010 12:39 am

not a big fan of the color though jay. and if we're talking 80s domestic sports cars ill take an IROC-Z, please. :Ihaveatleastoneblac

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 2943908428_3f82b47d69
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 40
Location : West Chester, PA

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by SBF Mon May 03, 2010 12:45 am

I disagree, I think it looks good in that color.

I will say, that is the era of 80s Daytona I like. There is something that just appeals to me. The fact that it is a Turbo Z 5-Speed makes it just that much cooler.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4228
Join date : 2008-07-21
Age : 39
Location : B-Town, IL

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Honor Mon May 03, 2010 1:05 am

black or red. gray is...gray. they should have that car in forza 3 though.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 40
Location : West Chester, PA

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by JaysonAych Mon May 03, 2010 2:58 am

Honor wrote:black or red. gray is...gray. they should have that car in forza 3 though.

The car actually looks blue to me. I know the description says gray, but it looks kind of a blue-gray to me.

Yes an IROC-Z is more desirable, but I like the Daytona for the reasons SBF mentioned, plus its relative uncommon-ness.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 43

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Turbojett Mon May 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Honor wrote:not a big fan of the color though jay. and if we're talking 80s domestic sports cars ill take an IROC-Z, please. :Ihaveatleastoneblac

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 2943908428_3f82b47d69

A Daytona's a domestic in name only. It's still a Mitsubishi.
That's a clean Z though. That candy blue SLP behind it isn't half bad looking either.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 3530
Join date : 2008-06-20
Age : 40
Location : Im on ur mom...stuffin her trky

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Tailhappy Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Turbojett wrote:

A Daytona's a domestic in name only. It's still a Mitsubishi.

No its not.

http://www.allpar.com/model/daytona.html
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4716
Join date : 2008-06-16
Age : 41
Location : Compton

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by SBF Mon May 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Yeah I was going to say, the Daytona was definitely all American.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4228
Join date : 2008-07-21
Age : 39
Location : B-Town, IL

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Turbojett Mon May 03, 2010 10:50 pm

my mistake then, I could have sworn it was a mitz. maybe I'm thinking of something else then
(barring Chry-clipses)
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 3530
Join date : 2008-06-20
Age : 40
Location : Im on ur mom...stuffin her trky

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by JaysonAych Mon May 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Turbojett wrote:my mistake then, I could have sworn it was a mitz. maybe I'm thinking of something else then
(barring Chry-clipses)

They had the Conquest which was a rebadged Starion.

And one of those Chry-clipses was the Plymouth Laser, but before that there was the Daytona-rebadged Chrysler Laser which was purely a Chrysler product, and that causes some confusion.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 43

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Turbojett Mon May 03, 2010 11:12 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Turbojett wrote:my mistake then, I could have sworn it was a mitz. maybe I'm thinking of something else then
(barring Chry-clipses)

They had the Conquest which was a rebadged Starion.

And one of those Chry-clipses was the Plymouth Laser, but before that there was the Daytona-rebadged Chrysler Laser which was purely a Chrysler product, and that causes some confusion.
I may have been thinking about the Conquest. I also thought of the 80's Charger, but that's all-Chrysler too, it looks like.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 3530
Join date : 2008-06-20
Age : 40
Location : Im on ur mom...stuffin her trky

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by SBF Mon May 03, 2010 11:43 pm

The Conquest/Starion is one of my favorite 80's cars.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4228
Join date : 2008-07-21
Age : 39
Location : B-Town, IL

Back to top Go down

quick, someone give me 35k - Page 2 Empty Re: quick, someone give me 35k

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum