Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbucks Sucks

+10
ryguy79
TheWoerus
Pennzoil GT-R
Aristotle
sonicmæse
ascona
Hey Underpants
milleniahead
xtine
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Starbucks Sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Sucks

Post by xtine Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:if i go to starbucks i buy a blueberry muffin and then help myself to a large coffee cup and go and pour myself a glass of skimmed milk. it gets odd looks sometimes but it says nowhere that i have to pay for the milk so fuck them

:roflmao: :roflmao: I might have to try this.
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:
Pennzil GT-R wrote:that's because tea isnt disgustng, just bland and dull

Fuck this iPhone sucks to type on

so basicly, england sucks cause they haven't found a way to make good coffee?

Have you ever heard of the word import. Coffee has become a fashion trend, which is ironic given the choice of laptop computer of most people who drink it

What? What on earth are you talking about. Coffee a fashion trend? Sorry. I don't follow at all. Similarly with the comment about lap top computers. I haven't seen "coffee drinkers" prefer one sort of lap top to another.

You're making no sense.

of course its a fashion trend. its seen as cool to go and sit in your local starbucks or carry around a logo'd coffee cup. most dont do it because they LIKE the coffee or can actually tell the difference in whatever shit they buy

same with the apple crowd who line the windows of every starbucks in london. none of them actually know WHY they bought a mac over a pc, they just did it because they thought it was cool
that's not irony.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:08 pm

big_jesus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:

Have you ever heard of the word import. Coffee has become a fashion trend, which is ironic given the choice of laptop computer of most people who drink it

What? What on earth are you talking about. Coffee a fashion trend? Sorry. I don't follow at all. Similarly with the comment about lap top computers. I haven't seen "coffee drinkers" prefer one sort of lap top to another.

You're making no sense.

of course its a fashion trend. its seen as cool to go and sit in your local starbucks or carry around a logo'd coffee cup. most dont do it because they LIKE the coffee or can actually tell the difference in whatever shit they buy

same with the apple crowd who line the windows of every starbucks in london. none of them actually know WHY they bought a mac over a pc, they just did it because they thought it was cool
that's not irony.

...im glad you agree

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
big_jesus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:

You're making no sense.

that's not irony.

...im glad you agree

Yes, but you said it was 'ironic' 3 posts ago.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:36 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
big_jesus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:

You're making no sense.

that's not irony.

...im glad you agree

Yes, but you said it was 'ironic' 3 posts ago.

...im glad you agree

do you think i even read which post big j quoted?

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:29 pm

:roflmao:
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:if i go to starbucks i buy a blueberry muffin and then help myself to a large coffee cup and go and pour myself a glass of skimmed milk. it gets odd looks sometimes but it says nowhere that i have to pay for the milk so fuck them

no you don't. you get a "tall" coffeemug. . . or is it grande, i don't know. . .
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:21 pm

anyway, be gratefull taht you lot at least *have* a coffee place :smelly:

in other news, belgium currently has 6 (count 'em SIX) subway restaurants in belgium. SI-motherfucking-X.

and that only just started a very short while ago . ..
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:57 pm

i grabbed a sandwich from subway yesterday. :talon2:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:20 pm

Aristotle wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
ryguy79 wrote:i go to pikes perk. :huh:

:roflmao: That's an awesome name.

llllllllllol @ pikes perk

it is pretty cheesy. i lol'd the first time i saw it but they make a good cup of joe. and the downtown location is pretty comfy.

http://www.pikesperk.com/
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicmæse Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 pm

for the record, i absolutely love smoking hookah.

sonicmæse
Drinking a refreshing glass of my tears

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:35 am

Swerve wrote:I always thought Starbucks was meant to be the McDonald's equivalent of coffee and not a trendy place. I thought cafes were meant to be the trendy places they've been for the last five-fifty decades. And especially the streets that are all fashion shops/cafes and restaurants:

Starbucks Sucks - Page 2 Chapel10

That said, I don't drink coffee, have never been in a Starbucks and rarely eat at cafes. So I don't actually know anything about being trendy.
The US has never had the huge cafe/coffee shop culture that we've always had. That's why starbucks was able to come in and dominate.

But like you, I also don't drink coffee, have never been in a starbucks (that could be a lie, I may have gone in while someone else bought something but i'm not sure) and rarely eat at cafes. Plus I am generally less trendy than your average straw doormat.

First google search result conveniently is comparing the Aus/NZ coffee culture with the US.
http://coffeegeek.com/opinions/georgesabados/06-12-2007 :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:18 am

indeed. the coffee culture was very much popularized in the US by starbucks. it's a shame they then destroyed their own brand.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:18 am

but, i guess everything eats itself eventually.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:43 am

Aristotle wrote:but, i guess everything eats itself eventually.

Babies?
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:13 pm

This is Aris:

Customer: My therapist wants me to start thinking of men as friends. Seriously though, if you can't fuck'em, what's the point?

Espresso Drive Thru
Seattle, Washington
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:18 pm

:roflmao: :aris:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 pm

Anyone from a city has access to good coffee, but I agree that very few do partake.

sonicmæse wrote:
Sorry but I don't believe 90% of the people out there who grow up in Dickstand, USA/Canada have enough options to develop a taste for anything beyond good ole' folgers. I don't pretend that the PNW has a monopoly on good coffee, but I would contend that the majority of people who can appreciate good coffee don't come from the cornfields. I'm sure there are some but i'd assume its much more of an exception than a rule.

As for your rant on starbucks, i mostly agree.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:15 am

Aristotle wrote:indeed. the coffee culture was very much popularized in the US by starbucks. it's a shame they then destroyed their own brand.

the pretentious crap like grande and tall
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:16 am

xtine wrote:
Aristotle wrote:but, i guess everything eats itself eventually.

Babies?

they don't even get the chance . . . :rapist:
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:16 am

911 wrote:Anyone from a city has access to good coffee, but I agree that very few do partake.

sonicmæse wrote:
Sorry but I don't believe 90% of the people out there who grow up in Dickstand, USA/Canada have enough options to develop a taste for anything beyond good ole' folgers. I don't pretend that the PNW has a monopoly on good coffee, but I would contend that the majority of people who can appreciate good coffee don't come from the cornfields. I'm sure there are some but i'd assume its much more of an exception than a rule.

As for your rant on starbucks, i mostly agree.

:smelly: ! ! !
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:03 pm

dunnas wrote:
Swerve wrote:I always thought Starbucks was meant to be the McDonald's equivalent of coffee and not a trendy place. I thought cafes were meant to be the trendy places they've been for the last five-fifty decades. And especially the streets that are all fashion shops/cafes and restaurants:

That said, I don't drink coffee, have never been in a Starbucks and rarely eat at cafes. So I don't actually know anything about being trendy.
The US has never had the huge cafe/coffee shop culture that we've always had. That's why starbucks was able to come in and dominate.

But like you, I also don't drink coffee, have never been in a starbucks (that could be a lie, I may have gone in while someone else bought something but i'm not sure) and rarely eat at cafes. Plus I am generally less trendy than your average straw doormat.

First google search result conveniently is comparing the Aus/NZ coffee culture with the US.

To be honest, I made it to here:

The espresso machine as we know it, notably the type that drives hot water under pressure through the coffee by use of an electric driven pump, was mass produced from 1948 onwards.

and started scanning through the rest. Although I'd always thought that cafes were everywhere due to all the arty people of the world wishing they were Parisians or Romans, I guess Lygon St. is Melbourne's cafe culture capital and that's a genuinely Italian place.

But I really hoped learning this hasn't pushed some actually useful knowledge out of my head.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Swerve wrote:
dunnas wrote:

To be honest, I made it to here:

The espresso machine as we know it, notably the type that drives hot water under pressure through the coffee by use of an electric driven pump, was mass produced from 1948 onwards.

and started scanning through the rest. Although I'd always thought that cafes were everywhere due to all the arty people of the world wishing they were Parisians or Romans, I guess Lygon St. is Melbourne's cafe culture capital and that's a genuinely Italian place.

But I really hoped learning this hasn't pushed some actually useful knowledge out of my head.
It's a lot more than just lygon street. The article prety muth equated new zealand with us and it's not like anybody in their right mind has ever decided to emigrate to new zealand when we're right here to the left. :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2