Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbucks Sucks

+10
ryguy79
TheWoerus
Pennzoil GT-R
Aristotle
sonicmæse
ascona
Hey Underpants
milleniahead
xtine
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Starbucks Sucks Empty Starbucks Sucks

Post by xtine Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Only a few months after replacing their "bolder" (some would say "burnt") varieties of brewed coffee with the more "mild" (some would say "dunkin donuts-esque") Pike Place Roast, Starbucks has announced that due to popular demand, they'll be brewing some of the old stuff too.

The Wall Street Journal tells us:

"Because of your many requests for a bolder coffee choice throughout the day at Starbucks, we are bringing it back in the afternoon to many of those stores that sell lots of freshly brewed coffee all day long," Starbucks said in a message posted on its customer feedback Web site Tuesday. The company said it will brew a bolder variety for customers when they ask for it. "This will sometimes mean a small wait, but it will also give you the absolute freshest cup of coffee possible," the company said on the site.

:yeech:
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Starbucks Sucks Empty Re: Starbucks Sucks

Post by xtine Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Their coffee already tastes like shit. Why make it worse?
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:31 pm

for real... i didnt get how their basic coffee was so fkn gross.. fk their hipster asses
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Hey Underpants Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:24 pm

Starbucks is piss anyway.
Hey Underpants
Hey Underpants
1981: Indonesian vessel Tamponas 2 capsizes. 580 people die on a ship named for a tampon. : (

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:01 pm

at least you fuckbags *have* a starbucks to dislike . . .

i have to fucking drive out of the country to at least find a starbucks, try to walk in, cause i remember one of them in paris had great hot chocolate, and give up cause i can't fit inside cause it's crowded with hipster faggots, and people wanting a coffee cause starbucks is oh so cool
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:02 pm

the place aroend the corner, in frankfurt, was completely empty and had great cappucinos.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicmæse Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 pm

where the fuck do you haters buy your coffee?

im not big on the bucks either but i live in seattle, and our coffee selection is among the best.

i always get pissy assed rural/midwesterner types at work (i dont work at starbucks) who complain about the coffee and like that greasy foldgers shit.

i refuse to accept that most areas of this country have enough decent coffee shops for people to even know what the fuck theyre talking about.

sonicmæse
Drinking a refreshing glass of my tears

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:02 pm

the coffee selection in seattle is outstanding.

vivace is my favorite. that shit is liquid brown gold.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicmæse Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:43 am

Aristotle wrote:the coffee selection in seattle is outstanding.

you live here, you don't count :smelly:

cafe d'arte is really hyped but really good too.

on a semi-non-coffee related note, check out trabant (holy shit something car related) in the u-district. its a chai lounge but they sell literally 20 different types of chai.

they also brew their coffee with one of these bad motherfuckers

Starbucks Sucks WhyCloverPic

http://cloverequipment.com/whyclover/why_clover.aspx

sonicmæse

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:24 am

sonicmæse wrote:where the fuck do you haters buy your coffee?

im not big on the bucks either but i live in seattle, and our coffee selection is among the best.

i always get pissy assed rural/midwesterner types at work (i dont work at starbucks) who complain about the coffee and like that greasy foldgers shit.

i refuse to accept that most areas of this country have enough decent coffee shops for people to even know what the fuck theyre talking about.

random bars, or i make my own at home.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 am

I don't get the fascination with coffee??? The only nice coffee I've eve had was from a small Italian restaurant down some back street. The rest tastes like shit

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:09 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:I don't get the fascination with coffee??? The only nice coffee I've eve had was from a small Italian restaurant down some back street. The rest tastes like shit

i noticed that with other brits as well. . . they generally don't even like coffee. . . they always go for the tea. they even call it "teatime" instead of "coffee break" :unsure:
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:22 am

that's because tea isnt disgustng, just bland and dull

Fuck this iPhone sucks to type on

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:44 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:that's because tea isnt disgustng, just bland and dull

so basicly, england sucks cause they haven't found a way to make good coffee?
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:24 pm

sonicmæse wrote:

on a semi-non-coffee related note, check out trabant (holy shit something car related) in the u-district. its a chai lounge but they sell literally 20 different types of chai.

the clover is badass. you know that starbucks bought out clover, right?

cafe vita has one. stumptown used to have them, too, but they sold because they didn't want to have to deal with starbucks when they needed new parts.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:26 pm

oh, btw, i've been to trabant. love them. that was actually the first coffee bar i went to when i moved here. not intentionally; i was just walking by and wanted some coffee.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Ascona wrote:
Pennzil GT-R wrote:that's because tea isnt disgustng, just bland and dull

Have you ever heard of the word import. Coffee has become a fashion trend, which is ironic given the choice of laptop computer of most people who drink it

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm drinking an organic chai tea with honey and a splash of half-and-half. wub
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:

Have you ever heard of the word import. Coffee has become a fashion trend, which is ironic given the choice of laptop computer of most people who drink it

What? What on earth are you talking about. Coffee a fashion trend? Sorry. I don't follow at all. Similarly with the comment about lap top computers. I haven't seen "coffee drinkers" prefer one sort of lap top to another.

You're making no sense.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Navy guys apparently drink their coffee with salt. Shocked
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicmæse Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:59 pm

Aristotle wrote:
sonicmæse wrote:

cafe vita has one. stumptown used to have them, too, but they sold because they didn't want to have to deal with starbucks when they needed new parts.

Yeah, i think its funny people didnt see it coming, a giant company from SoDo buying a small one from Ballard? Never!

Did you go to the Pioneer Square trabant? I've heard that ones really cool, Pioneer Square actually has some pretty cool stuff, until the sun sets.

sonicmæse

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:24 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:

What? What on earth are you talking about. Coffee a fashion trend? Sorry. I don't follow at all. Similarly with the comment about lap top computers. I haven't seen "coffee drinkers" prefer one sort of lap top to another.

You're making no sense.

of course its a fashion trend. its seen as cool to go and sit in your local starbucks or carry around a logo'd coffee cup. most dont do it because they LIKE the coffee or can actually tell the difference in whatever shit they buy

same with the apple crowd who line the windows of every starbucks in london. none of them actually know WHY they bought a mac over a pc, they just did it because they thought it was cool

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:

You're making no sense.

of course its a fashion trend. its seen as cool to go and sit in your local starbucks or carry around a logo'd coffee cup. most dont do it because they LIKE the coffee or can actually tell the difference in whatever shit they buy

same with the apple crowd who line the windows of every starbucks in london. none of them actually know WHY they bought a mac over a pc, they just did it because they thought it was cool

I think it being a trend is only part of it. Starbucks has managed to wedge itself into every available nook and cranny so the convenience factor is huge. (And we Americans love our convenience! Especially if it's high in fat!) When I was in Vegas, there were three Starbucks in our hotel, readily available to those late-night gamblers. A lot of them have drive-thrus now and have positioned themselves near popular business areas. They're everywhere you turn.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:

You're making no sense.

I can assure you that when it's 5:30 in the morning I'm not drinking coffee as a fashion statement. Similarly if I go out to grab a coffee after work, or whenever. I don't know. Fuck it all.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:27 pm

sonicmæse wrote:
Aristotle wrote:
sonicmæse wrote:

Yeah, i think its funny people didnt see it coming, a giant company from SoDo buying a small one from Ballard? Never!

Did you go to the Pioneer Square trabant? I've heard that ones really cool, Pioneer Square actually has some pretty cool stuff, until the sun sets.

haha i know right

i haven't been in the pioneer one. i was in pioneer square around midnight one evening, and that place is fucking nuts.

the pike place area gets pretty nuts, too. my buddy saw a guy get shot and die out in front of that lush store in that little plaza at 4th and pine.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:14 pm

i go to pikes perk. :huh:
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:22 pm

ryguy79 wrote:i go to pikes perk. :huh:

:roflmao: That's an awesome name.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:37 pm

i drink my coffee cause i like my coffee.

and starbucks serves their coffee too hot.

which is good if you plan on spending some time in there, writing a screenplay on your laptop, cause you can't become a writer if noone sees you write your screenplay in the local starbucks. . .

but coffee has little to do with fashion. starbucks, i would agree. but coffee itself? no.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:38 pm

TheWoerus wrote:

let's all meet in central perk
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 pm

TheWoerus wrote:

llllllllllol @ pikes perk
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:20 pm

Fuck Starbucks and fuck their stupid fucking marketing phenom that makes the general population think that if you don't like acidic, bitter, shitty coffee grown by peasants getting paid far less than fair market value that 'you don't like real coffee'. Fuck them. Shitty coffee and shitty people inhabiting them (although most good coffee shops are also inhabited by hipster douchebags with an even higher sense of self righteousness because they don't drink it).

I drink either Bridgehead (local fair trade organic coffee, chain of about 8 stores in Ottawa only) when I'm not at home and when I am at home I drink Kicking Horse (shade grown fair trade organic from BC). While I don't have a goddamn espresso machine I do have a coffee maker which grinds whole beans immediately prior to brewing.

http://www.bridgehead.ca/
http://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/

And don't be some self absorbed dickweed that thinks other places can't have good coffee. I've been to amazing coffee shops in small towns and terrible so called 'organic fair trade' coffee shops in many cities. You're not special and neither is the city you're from. Furthermore, if Starbucks didn't originate there then some other town would be America's coffee king. I have an innate ability to root out good coffee shops in any place I visit and believe it or not you can find good coffee that has nothing to do with the PNW.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:20 pm

too much?

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Ascona wrote:

You might be able to argue that Starbucks is a fashion trend, but I'm sorry to tell you, coffee has been popular for centuries now.

And last I looked, Mac doesn't have a majority in the laptop market, and the majority of people drink coffee...

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:04 pm

yeah i ignored that because it was stupid

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:37 pm

911 wrote:too much?

:roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:43 am

If I wanted to drink something that was boiling hot i'd stick a beer in the microwave. :screamo:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicmæse Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:37 am

911 wrote:

Fuck Starbucks and fuck their stupid fucking marketing phenom that makes the general population think that if you don't like acidic, bitter, shitty coffee grown by peasants getting paid far less than fair market value that 'you don't like real coffee'. Fuck them. Shitty coffee and shitty people inhabiting them (although most good coffee shops are also inhabited by hipster douchebags with an even higher sense of self righteousness because they don't drink it).

I drink either Bridgehead (local fair trade organic coffee, chain of about 8 stores in Ottawa only) when I'm not at home and when I am at home I drink Kicking Horse (shade grown fair trade organic from BC). While I don't have a goddamn espresso machine I do have a coffee maker which grinds whole beans immediately prior to brewing.

http://www.bridgehead.ca/
http://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/

And don't be some self absorbed dickweed that thinks other places can't have good coffee. I've been to amazing coffee shops in small towns and terrible so called 'organic fair trade' coffee shops in many cities. You're not special and neither is the city you're from. Furthermore, if Starbucks didn't originate there then some other town would be America's coffee king. I have an innate ability to root out good coffee shops in any place I visit and believe it or not you can find good coffee that has nothing to do with the PNW.

Sorry but I don't believe 90% of the people out there who grow up in Dickstand, USA/Canada have enough options to develop a taste for anything beyond good ole' folgers. I don't pretend that the PNW has a monopoly on good coffee, but I would contend that the majority of people who can appreciate good coffee don't come from the cornfields. I'm sure there are some but i'd assume its much more of an exception than a rule.

As for your rant on starbucks, i mostly agree.

sonicmæse

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 am

I always thought Starbucks was meant to be the McDonald's equivalent of coffee and not a trendy place. I thought cafes were meant to be the trendy places they've been for the last five-fifty decades. And especially the streets that are all fashion shops/cafes and restaurants:

Starbucks Sucks Chapel10

That said, I don't drink coffee, have never been in a Starbucks and rarely eat at cafes. So I don't actually know anything about being trendy.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:21 am

There's a local coffee shop here where all the trendy emo/indie/whatever kids hang out. It was a pretty awesome place until they got a hookah and, like, sixty flavors of tobacco. :<_<:

I usually just go to Barnie's. They're not any better but I like their variety of coffee. The only time I really ever go to Starbucks is if I'm at a bookstore or want some caramel apple cider. The other drinks at Starbucks are okay but the coffee by itself absolutely sucks.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:52 pm

if i go to starbucks i buy a blueberry muffin and then help myself to a large coffee cup and go and pour myself a glass of skimmed milk. it gets odd looks sometimes but it says nowhere that i have to pay for the milk so fuck them

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next