Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full-face transplant

+9
big_jesus
VS
thewalrus
Olds
JaysonAych
Omni
Honor
Aristotle
xtine
13 posters

Go down

Full-face transplant Empty Full-face transplant

Post by xtine Wed May 06, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm not sure which is more impressive: the fact that the woman survived being shotgun-blasted in the face or the scare factor of her before AND after faces. Shocked

But it's pretty cool.

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/05/needs_work_first_us_fullface_t.php
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Full-face transplant Empty Re: Full-face transplant

Post by Aristotle Wed May 06, 2009 9:30 pm

i want to know the backstory there. it only says that her 'deranged husband' shotgunned her.

also...

can't unsee :undies:
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 06, 2009 10:44 pm

yeah i would call that a botched job. clearly we have a long way to go on face transplants..
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 06, 2009 10:45 pm

i think that poor girl who got burned up in the car got it worse though. sooo fucked up..

Full-face transplant Brasilcontraapedofilia0av7

Full-face transplant Jacqueline_saburido2

Full-face transplant 3094
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 06, 2009 10:53 pm

honor man wrote:yeah i would call that a botched job. clearly we have a long way to go on face transplants..

There is an actual full article on it that explains a lot more. They aren't finished yet, they're waiting for nerve endings to take and such before they shape the face up and cut off all that crap.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 06, 2009 10:54 pm

well thats good
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 pm

honor man wrote:well thats good

Yeah, because otherwise she may as well just put Halloween mask on.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu May 07, 2009 12:00 am

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:well thats good

Yeah, because otherwise she may as well just put Halloween mask on.

Not discounting the huge medical milestone in giving someone a new face, a way to eat and smell again, etc, it really does look like a big muppet mask. I hope they do indeed get a chance to tune it out.

Full-face transplant Sweetu10
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 am

wow. scary.

her before face looks like a pufferfish.

sad sad world we live in.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu May 07, 2009 2:00 am

honor man wrote:i think that poor girl who got burned up in the car got it worse though. sooo fucked up..

cannot unsee

AGAIN

:undies:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu May 07, 2009 2:40 am

if i looked like that i would just wear one of those "man in the iron man" masks. and get a lifetime warcraft subscription..

Full-face transplant The+Man+in+the+Iron+Mask
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu May 07, 2009 10:57 am

honor man wrote:if i looked like that i would just wear one of those "man in the iron man" masks. and get a lifetime warcraft subscription..

So it looks like now all you've got to do is buy the mask...
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu May 07, 2009 12:13 pm

:roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu May 07, 2009 12:16 pm

honor man wrote:if i looked like that i would just wear one of those "man in the iron man" masks. and get a lifetime warcraft subscription..

Yep. That's pretty much what I'd do too. Live off whatever settlement you get from the injury, and pretty much move indoors.

Honestly, serious injuries to the face are the worst. One of the g/f's fellow residents is going into pediatric plastic surgery, specializing in reconstruction following severe facial burns. What a career choice. Doing something meaningful. Pulling in half a mil. a year.

Excuse me while I get back to producing a spreadsheet on GOA initiatives now.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu May 07, 2009 12:18 pm

man in the iron mask i mean. fuck. not man in the iron man. although an iron man suit would be even better. :talon2:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu May 07, 2009 6:56 pm

i'd take the settlement money and buy a lethal dose of heroin with it.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu May 07, 2009 7:20 pm

Aristotle wrote:i'd take the settlement money and buy a lethal dose of heroin with it.
Yeah, but that's your plan irrespective of a shot gun blast to the face / fire.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Aristotle wrote:i'd take the settlement money and buy a lethal dose of heroin with it.
Yeah, but that's your plan irrespective of a shot gun blast to the face / fire.

true
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri May 08, 2009 8:08 am

Who donated the face? Jabba the hut?
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri May 08, 2009 12:25 pm

:roflmao: !!!
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Fri May 08, 2009 12:57 pm

thats shit, those french doctors did a much better job on theirs. the french for fucks sake :smelly:

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri May 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:thats shit, those french doctors did a much better job on theirs. the french for fucks sake :smelly:

My understanding is: (a) The surgery isn't finished (b) The injuries are much more severe in this case, and (c) You're not an expert in face transplant surgery and therefore can't comment on which job is better.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:thats shit, those french doctors did a much better job on theirs. the french for fucks sake :smelly:

My understanding is: (a) The surgery isn't finished (b) The injuries are much more severe in this case, and (c) You're not an expert in face transplant surgery and therefore can't comment on which job is better.

well one looks ugly. the other looks uglier. seems like a pretty simple yardstick to me

or would you prefer if i took them both out for a latte in my favourite coffee house so i could find which one i felt more of a life connection with and ask them which had read the most of plato's dialogues? yawn

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

well one looks ugly. the other looks uglier. seems like a pretty simple yardstick to me

or would you prefer if i took them both out for a latte in my favourite coffee house so i could find which one i felt more of a life connection with and ask them which had read the most of plato's dialogues? yawn

Yet you don't address the main factors at play: (1) This woman's injuries were worse, and (2) They haven't even finished the procedure. So you're in no position to say which one looks better.

Good job Pennz.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat May 09, 2009 11:48 pm

KILL IT WITH FIRE. :eww:

Just kiddin, I'd hit it.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun May 10, 2009 6:13 am

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Yet you don't address the main factors at play: (1) This woman's injuries were worse, and (2) They haven't even finished the procedure. So you're in no position to say which one looks better.

Good job Pennz.

well that was stupid of them, releasing pictures before theyre finished. now everyone thinks theyre shit :whipitgood:

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun May 10, 2009 11:52 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Good job Pennz.

well that was stupid of them, releasing pictures before theyre finished. now everyone thinks theyre shit :whipitgood:

I wasn't aware that the medical system was the only entity with easily available cameras and internet access.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Good job Pennz.

I wasn't aware that the medical system was the only entity with easily available cameras and internet access.

fuck man dont you know anything??

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun May 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Good job Pennz.

Nah man. I talk a good game, but in actual fact I'm pretty stupid.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun May 10, 2009 9:17 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Good job Pennz.

Nah man. I talk a good game, but in actual fact I'm pretty stupid.

spoken like a true lawyer. Except a true lawyer wouldn't admit it.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon May 11, 2009 12:00 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon May 11, 2009 1:19 am

oh shi-
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Wed May 20, 2009 11:05 am

milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri May 22, 2009 1:46 am

Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 am

Omni wrote:Another one

Full-face transplant Droopy
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down