Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

awwwwwww yeah

+7
Tailhappy
Omni
JaysonAych
thewalrus
Dodge
Honor
Aristotle
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

awwwwwww yeah Empty awwwwwww yeah

Post by Aristotle Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:34 am

Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

awwwwwww yeah Empty Re: awwwwwww yeah

Post by Honor Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:54 am

if i only had a nickel for every wwii game out there...
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:57 am

If they are running WWII dry, why not make up a war? would that be so hard? maybe a "what if the cold war had become a full on war" timeframe
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:06 am

and wtf, conquest mode only again? are they fucking retarded or what?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:08 am

° Destructible environments[4]
° Available on Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and PC download
° Classic Battlefield multiplayer with cutting-edge technology
° Gameplay wise more like Bad Company
° Pricing similar to most high profile Xbox Live Arcade games (Currently 1200 MS Points = $15)
° 350 MB download on Xbox Live
° Max 24 players
° 2 armies - US Marines & Japanese Imperial Army
° Conquest game mode only
° Ability to level up, but won't give you weapons or abilities
° 3 maps with 5 capture points each
° Japanese army can melee with a samurai sword
° No unlocks but customizable load outs
° Kits with variety of weapons
° 3 classes - Infantry, Riflemen, and Scout
° Auto health & unlimited ammo
° Frostbite engine (Bad Company engine)
° No possibility of cross-platform play
° Addition of the "bomber shack"[4]

* Building player can enter on the island
* Calls in a squadron of 3 bombers controlled by the player
* Ability to steer squad left and right
* Switch to bomb sight to view the payload
* Recharge time before it can be used again
* Can be destroyed by enemy planes
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:19 am

WW2 games are popular because it was a popular war. No one gave a shit about Communists. Let's be real. They weren't a real, obvious threat. OOHHHHHH "from each according to their abilities; To each according to their needs".. Realy fucking scary there guys. fuck. WW2 gave us real villains. Hitler, etc. People that wanted world domination. People that were involved with obvious, documented Genocide against a particular race of people. Serious shit.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:06 am

That, plus the Nazis are just socially easy targets. In games where your fighting other nations, factions, etc, there's going to be whining and butthurt from people IRL that their nationality, race, creed, whatever are being painted as evil.

With the Nazis...they're Nazis. Everyone hates the Nazis.

That being said, I'm sick of all of the WW2 games myself. The only COD game I ever really felt like playing was COD4.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:29 am

i just like the vehicle part.

they need war games with cold war nuke spy stuff. have it be possible to nuke the whole server. like people have to build their characters into level 100 shit, but if one dude manages to crack the 256 encryption on the football...boom goes the dynamite, and everybody has to start over. that would be badass.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

JaysonAych wrote:That, plus the Nazis are just socially easy targets. In games where your fighting other nations, factions, etc, there's going to be whining and butthurt from people IRL that their nationality, race, creed, whatever are being painted as evil.

With the Nazis...they're Nazis. Everyone hates the Nazis.

That being said, I'm sick of all of the WW2 games myself. The only COD game I ever really felt like playing was COD4.

Besides, we won. Most american developers aren't going to want to make a game about a war we lost. That's why there are so few vietnam games out there. COD4 is a made up war but again it's another easy target: towelheads.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:30 pm

it's not like a law that all war games have to be based on a real war. they could make a vietnam game that has an outcome where we actually win. im not saying stop making wwii games altogether, just stop making them so often. variety is good.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:09 pm

honor man wrote:it's not like a law that all war games have to be based on a real war. they could make a vietnam game that has an outcome where we actually win. im not saying stop making wwii games altogether, just stop making them so often. variety is good.

There's still to much sensitivity about that war though. Even if you changed the outcome it would hit too close to home for too many people for it to have a viable market.

I'd like to see more WW1 FPS. Just take turns mowing down the enemy's direct frontal assaults with machine guns and chemical weapons.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:34 pm

i think a MMORPG war game would be cool, if it was robust. stuff like BF1942 is cool, but it's just run and gun. if it had team-based strategy in there, and heavy weapons, like ships, bombers, and artillery, etc., it would be awesome. plus make dying more significant. if you die, you respawn as a private and lose rank or something.

i dunno. i'd just like to seem them integrate strategy, flight sim, and ground combat into a bigger package. i think it would get more people to play. the ability to choose a side is important, too.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Aristotle wrote:i think a MMORPG war game would be cool, if it was robust. stuff like BF1942 is cool, but it's just run and gun. if it had team-based strategy in there, and heavy weapons, like ships, bombers, and artillery, etc., it would be awesome. plus make dying more significant. if you die, you respawn as a private and lose rank or something.

i dunno. i'd just like to seem them integrate strategy, flight sim, and ground combat into a bigger package. i think it would get more people to play. the ability to choose a side is important, too.

Yeah, that would actually be really sweet.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 pm

i think real time strategy/combat warfare would rock.

have ranks. work your way up through various shit. start as a grunt; try to move up to commander or something. go from the risk of run and gun to the ease of staying behind the lines and directing combat.

that's the game the adults would play. have the kids work the combat and slug it out, while the adults make command decisions about bombing raids, etc.

i think a real-time clock would be in order, too. day/night, weather, etc.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 pm

We need a Vietnam game.

Nobody wins, and when you shut off your console you have flashbacks, get sick from the agent orange, and your neighbor calls you a baby-killer. Constantly.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 pm

thewalrus wrote:
honor man wrote:it's not like a law that all war games have to be based on a real war. they could make a vietnam game that has an outcome where we actually win. im not saying stop making wwii games altogether, just stop making them so often. variety is good.

There's still to much sensitivity about that war though. Even if you changed the outcome it would hit too close to home for too many people for it to have a viable market.

I'd like to see more WW1 FPS. Just take turns mowing down the enemy's direct frontal assaults with machine guns and chemical weapons.
That's not true at all. If the next Call of Duty game turned out to be set in Vietnam (rather than Modern Combat 2) it would sell extremely well.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:27 pm

I just want a game where no one will look at you funny for offing a baby.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm

There was a Battlefield game for PC that was modern combat, it was a pretty good game. I liked the battlefield games because you could just jump in a vehicle and go. I mean it was unrealistic that you could just jump in an B-17 and fly around, but it was fun.

They had come out with battlefield: vietnam, it wasn't bad.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:18 pm

I can't wait for COD Modern Warfare 2 :millertime:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:01 am

SBF wrote:They had come out with battlefield: vietnam, it wasn't bad.

I had that, and played it quite a bit. What was fun about that one was the Huey's. You and a chopper full of guys could blast across the battlefield with Creedence blaring as you flew overhead. It was great.
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:30 am

It's not FPS, but I got EndWar yesterday, and it's pretty fun. Voice-activated strategy game set in the near future. Different types of troops and vehicles, upgrades, ranks, air strikes, wmds...fun shit.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:08 am

end war looks fun. i was watching the video review of it not too long ago.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Spinal wrote:

I had that, and played it quite a bit. What was fun about that one was the Huey's. You and a chopper full of guys could blast across the battlefield with Creedence blaring as you flew overhead. It was great.

I remember that was the intro to the game, CCR's "Fortunate Son", and when you were in the main menu it played the melody section of "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.

One of the maps there were motor scooters you could ride around, it was great.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:29 am

I went ahead and bought a pair of these today. I'm sick of cramming my Live headset under my regular headphones. These things are awesome...very clear sounds with some good bass. The Live headset was messing up a lot of my commands, but this one seems much better.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 am

SBF wrote:
Spinal wrote:

I remember that was the intro to the game, CCR's "Fortunate Son", and when you were in the main menu it played the melody section of "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.

One of the maps there were motor scooters you could ride around, it was great.

Yeah, but there were also "vehicle playlists" that you could select a song from when you were the driver/pilot. Linkage to soundtrack listing.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:45 am

Shit I didn't even know that.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:43 am

JaysonAych wrote:I went ahead and bought a pair of these today. I'm sick of cramming my Live headset under my regular headphones. These things are awesome...very clear sounds with some good bass. The Live headset was messing up a lot of my commands, but this one seems much better.
I bought some turtle beach headphones that are just for the 360 and after a couple of months the Mic started echoing for people really badly every time, so now I can't use them for online play which is what I play 95% of the time. :smelly:

I still use them for when I stream movies or TV shows from the 360 though.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:04 am

Anyone know of some reasonably priced wireless headphones? I want to put the treadmill in our room and watch TV while I run --- it makes the time go by faster --- but I don't want to have to crank the TV up really loud to hear it over the treadmill. All the headphones I saw were well over $150+. :undies:

Otherwise, I guess I'll just have our entire household listen to Buffy the Vampire Slayer... all seven seasons. :roflmao:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:16 am

If they complain about Buffy I give you my permission to slap them. :smelly:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:25 am

:roflmao:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:55 am

i bought radio shack ones for like 50 bucks. overall id give them a B-. if youre not in the sweet spot like 10 feet or less right in front of the transmitter unit then you hear a bit of static. other than that though theyre good.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:35 pm

xtine wrote:Otherwise, I guess I'll just have our entire household listen to Buffy the Vampire Slayer... all seven seasons. :roflmao:

Go with this option. That'll learn 'em but good.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:54 am

There needs to be a WWII FPS that has a map like Fallout, just freaking huge. It needs to be based on real land. You will get missions, but it's up to you on how you'll get there. I think you should start as a Sargeant or Captain, so you can be in command of a squad. You are going to go through random towns that you can find sub-missions and it's up to you if you want to do them, some maybe forced on you. It's also up to you how you control your squad, so you could actually fuck up and loose an important person in your squad by the decisions you make. Oh, and since you're an American in a foriegn country, anybody you come across does not speak English, so someone in your squad will be fluent in French or German or both and if they die , you're SOL on talking to the locals.

I have more ideas, but this is my basis. Saving Private Ryan's plot kind of came to mind when I thought about this. With the new systems, they can make WWII games better than they are now and maybe they wouldn't be beating a dead horse.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:27 am

SBF wrote:There needs to be a WWII FPS that has a map like Fallout, just freaking huge. It needs to be based on real land. You will get missions, but it's up to you on how you'll get there. I think you should start as a Sargeant or Captain, so you can be in command of a squad. You are going to go through random towns that you can find sub-missions and it's up to you if you want to do them, some maybe forced on you. It's also up to you how you control your squad, so you could actually fuck up and loose an important person in your squad by the decisions you make. Oh, and since you're an American in a foriegn country, anybody you come across does not speak English, so someone in your squad will be fluent in French or German or both and if they die , you're SOL on talking to the locals.

I have more ideas, but this is my basis. Saving Private Ryan's plot kind of came to mind when I thought about this. With the new systems, they can make WWII games better than they are now and maybe they wouldn't be beating a dead horse.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I would definitely play a game like that.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:30 pm

SBF wrote:There needs to be a WWII FPS that has a map like Fallout, just freaking huge. It needs to be based on real land. You will get missions, but it's up to you on how you'll get there. I think you should start as a Sargeant or Captain, so you can be in command of a squad. You are going to go through random towns that you can find sub-missions and it's up to you if you want to do them, some maybe forced on you. It's also up to you how you control your squad, so you could actually fuck up and loose an important person in your squad by the decisions you make. Oh, and since you're an American in a foriegn country, anybody you come across does not speak English, so someone in your squad will be fluent in French or German or both and if they die , you're SOL on talking to the locals.

yeah., that sounds pretty awesome.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:42 pm

a war game that's open like GTA and is played online across legions of server farms in real time. countries against countries in virtual war. ground combat, jets, helicopters, tanks, ships, ballistic missiles, all of it.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:49 pm

I have every confidence in a game like you fellows are describing being possible, and available in the not too distant future.

And it's going to be awesome.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:50 pm

like wow, but just ten times cooler
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:04 pm

I just figured having an open map would make gameplay so much different. Jump Fences, forge creeks, go into any building, etc.; it would make things more realistic.

Every town would have people in it, but you don't know what to expect, people won't talk to you because they know the Nazis are in the town ready to ambush or hiding; or they are greatful that you are there and give you thing like health or give you an idea of where there is safe passage on your map.

I think the dialog setup should be like fallout too, where you have options of things to say to people.

I imagine you guys can think up stuff like this, after I played fallout, I know it's possible to make a WWII game like that.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:09 pm

its always just a question of if the gamemakers care enough to do it. if they really wanted to they could make some uber ridiculous games that would put all the ones out today to shame. it might not be very cost effective for them though. but the potential is there.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next