Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAY Aris, I didn't get a PS3

+5
Aristotle
VS
xtine
dunnas
thewalrus
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HAY Aris, I didn't get a PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: HAY Aris, I didn't get a PS3

Post by JaysonAych Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:03 pm

Aristotle wrote:most definitely.

you'll be able to get them for free with a tv purchase after the holidays. just watch. they did it last year. buy a sony LCD, get a free blu-ray, etc.

I'll be looking out for those. And then I'll start crying because if I get a deal like that, then I'll have to restock my video library for a new format. Again.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:14 pm

:undies:

BR discs are kind of pricey, too.

it seems like digital content should replace discs of any kind, but aren't blu-ray discs like 40gigs or something ridiculous like that?

fuck, if somebody downloaded 7 blu-ray movies, they'd be over the comcast monthly limit. :roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:15 pm

digital distribution, i mean
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Aristotle wrote::undies:

it seems like digital content should replace discs of any kind, but aren't blu-ray discs like 40gigs or something ridiculous like that?

fuck, if somebody downloaded 7 blu-ray movies, they'd be over the comcast monthly limit. :roflmao:

Yeah, I know you can download or stream Hi-def movie rentals that way, but I don't think the movie companies have settled on a good way to digitally transfer hi-def movie sales like that.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:14 pm

Aristotle wrote::undies:

I think they're 50gig.

The movies aren't that much more if you're patient or look around. WHen I wanted to buy the new Rambo, the BR disc was like $4 more than the regular DVD. Some movies that come out on BR are $40, but you'd be a chump to pay that. I have four BR discs and don't think I payed more than $25 for any of them. I think I paid $30 for Transformers, but there was a $10 mail in rebate with it, which I did...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:35 pm

oh, that's not too bad then, if you can snag them for < 25. that 39.99 shit is for the fucking birds, though.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:36 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Aristotle wrote:it's going to be a tough road. they have a lot of $$ that's for sure, so maybe they can leverage something.

the xbox and nintendo are accelerating away from sony, though.

True, but they have a chance to turn things around. Sega went down due to epic fail after epic fail after epic fail. Sony's just getting started down that path...they can come back from this more easily.

Plus Sega had all their eggs in one basket. Sony can keep trying and failing at consoles forever. Blu-ray becoming the standard format couldn't hurt sales either.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:01 pm

thewalrus wrote:
dunnas wrote:Neither did I.

Because I already have one. :dunnas:

:undies: :undies: :undies: :eww:

I'm going to have to go look at them some more when I get back to Edmonton after the break. fffffffuck. Probably also swing by and stare at the Omega watches too.
i picked one up in april courtesy of my income tax refund, along with a sharp flat screen (my japanese wife was insistent on that part, she wanted a nice tv, and refused to buy korean because, like all asians, she's racist).

the only game i've got for it is GT5:Prologue, but really, that's all i need to be happy (that, and replaying the old tenchu games).

and screw omega, get yourself a seiko kinetic...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2