Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada, I fucking love you

+7
millertime
big_jesus
dunnas
Aristotle
thewalrus
Olds
Turbofrog
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Canada, I fucking love you - Page 2 Empty Re: Canada, I fucking love you

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:19 pm

I had no idea he was such a hippy though. Kind of a hippy yes. But Frog is HUGE. Which is awesome. I wish I was more of a hippy, but the law destroyed that side of me.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:23 pm

pull the sky down? so that's what that fucking airship is all about. god dammit.
Olds
Olds
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Olds wrote:pull the sky down? so that's what that fucking airship is all about. god dammit.

haha Turbo is really an evil James Bond villain bent on world domination through airships.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Olds wrote:pull the sky down? so that's what that fucking airship is all about. god dammit.
Ahahaha, you fucking know it. It's actually a lyric from a song...it's a bit of a mouthful, but my friend registered the domain, so I've been contributing to it. (the travels part is new, though)

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:33 pm

thewalrus wrote:I had no idea he was such a hippy though. Kind of a hippy yes. But Frog is HUGE. Which is awesome. I wish I was more of a hippy, but the law destroyed that side of me.
Oh come on, you always knew I was a huge hippy. And I'm not quite as abrasive about my hippiness as my friend Andy who also posts.

Turbofrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:23 pm

dunnas wrote:

I discovered a US show called the universe last friday due to finding that all my shows i usually download on a friday my time were missing (and not realising that it was thanksgiving thought they had all finished for the year already). I've downloaded half of the first 2 seasons so far to go with the three episodes from the current season.

It is mostly based in legitimate current science (although they do pretty much push a lot of things as near fact, such as parralel universes - ones with alternate versions of us leading different lives) and they speak to what would appear to be some of the best people in the industry, but is very sensationalised for your average joe sixpack (the plumber).

Anyway, out of the 5 episodes i've watched, at least twice now they have they discussed what humans might do at the end of existance (of the sun and the universe) to survive (6 billion years from now for the sun and a lot longer for the universe itself which would involve us movign to a parralel dimension universe).

I don't know about you but I have never thought of the existance of the human race being something that lasts more that the 10's of thousands of years, if we're lucky.

What about you guys?

I love stuff like that! I have immense faith in humanity, we have it all to seek out solutions unlike all other known species. Yes, sadly it more often than not takes us getting into some predicament or crisis to find a workable solution but it usually comes as needed. I hope as the years pass, thousands and millions of years humans become more enlightened and much of the pettiness, narrow mindedness, frivolousness and selfishness is weened out through our evolution. IMO we will begin to see major paradigm shifts in humanity in our lifetime. The next 100 years will be more dramatic and impactful than the past 100 years and the last 100 year were among the most impactful in human history already.

As for parallel universes and dimensions, these all prove to be very interesting theories. The thought that there is not only one universe but possibly many or an infinite number of multiverses is exciting to think on.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
dunnas wrote:

I discovered a US show called the universe last friday due to finding that all my shows i usually download on a friday my time were missing (and not realising that it was thanksgiving thought they had all finished for the year already). I've downloaded half of the first 2 seasons so far to go with the three episodes from the current season.

It is mostly based in legitimate current science (although they do pretty much push a lot of things as near fact, such as parralel universes - ones with alternate versions of us leading different lives) and they speak to what would appear to be some of the best people in the industry, but is very sensationalised for your average joe sixpack (the plumber).

Anyway, out of the 5 episodes i've watched, at least twice now they have they discussed what humans might do at the end of existance (of the sun and the universe) to survive (6 billion years from now for the sun and a lot longer for the universe itself which would involve us movign to a parralel dimension universe).

I don't know about you but I have never thought of the existance of the human race being something that lasts more that the 10's of thousands of years, if we're lucky.

What about you guys?

I love stuff like that! I have immense faith in humanity, we have it all to seek out solutions unlike all other known species. Yes, sadly it more often than not takes us getting into some predicament or crisis to find a workable solution but it usually comes as needed. I hope as the years pass, thousands and millions of years humans become more enlightened and much of the pettiness, narrow mindedness, frivolousness and selfishness is weened out through our evolution. IMO we will begin to see major paradigm shifts in humanity in our lifetime. The next 100 years will be more dramatic and impactful than the past 100 years and the last 100 year were among the most impactful in human history already.

As for parallel universes and dimensions, these all prove to be very interesting theories. The thought that there is not only one universe but possibly many or an infinite number of multiverses is exciting to think on.

We're doomed. I've never been more certain of that than I am right now. People have no memories. No reasoning faculties. No real sense of concern or apathy. It's about I, Me, Mine, as George Harrison put it.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:17 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
dunnas wrote:

What about you guys?

We're doomed. I've never been more certain of that than I am right now. People have no memories. No reasoning faculties. No real sense of concern or apathy. It's about I, Me, Mine, as George Harrison put it.

Sorry I have more faith in humanity (more than I would have most religious scriptures' gods though a god may be there, said god IMO stands back and watches us like we would watch t.v. shows.). We are progressive beings and our ability to realize and rationalize things out to adjust and correct issues is proven. We will be fine I'm sure of it. It may not be rosy or perfect and we will never be perfect but humanity has proven it can overcome.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
dunnas wrote:

What about you guys?

Sorry I have more faith in humanity (more than I would have most religious scriptures' gods though a god may be there, said god IMO stands back and watches us like we would watch t.v. shows.). We are progressive beings and our ability to realize and rationalize things out to adjust and correct issues is proven. We will be fine I'm sure of it. It may not be rosy or perfect and we will never be perfect but humanity has proven it can overcome.

We can progress... but not nearly quickly enough to save ourselves.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:47 pm

I have zero faith in humanity as a whole. Some individuals, yes. Collectively, zero.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Although I haven't given it all that much thought, really. Just a gut feeling.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Olds wrote:I have zero faith in humanity as a whole. Some individuals, yes. Collectively, zero.

I'm with this guy.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 pm

:yay:
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Olds wrote::yay:

Damn straight. :heeheehee:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:16 pm

olds is right.

it's doesn't matter, though. nature will take care of us. however, it's kind of fascinating to think about what the last years will be like.

i personally think we'll eventually succumb to some rampant incurable disease that spreads with violent speed or there will be a nuclear-powered exit of us from this folly we call life.

in the unlikely chance that doesn't happen, eventually the atmosphere and water will both evaporate completely, so we're ass-out either way.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:30 pm

Aristotle wrote:olds is right.

it's doesn't matter, though. nature will take care of us. however, it's kind of fascinating to think about what the last years will be like.

i personally think we'll eventually succumb to some rampant incurable disease that spreads with violent speed or there will be a nuclear-powered exit of us from this folly we call life.

in the unlikely chance that doesn't happen, eventually the atmosphere and water will both evaporate completely, so we're ass-out either way.

OLDS AND WALLY [b[AND WALLY[/b] are right.

Jesus. I was on this misanthropic kick well before Olds.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:31 pm

And I'm not even going to bother changing my shitty bolding attempt.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:22 pm

:roflmao:

sorry, wally. i meant to include you there.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:24 pm

Aristotle wrote::roflmao:

sorry, wally. i meant to include you there.

Figures I'd be forgotten.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:45 pm

i think it'd be pretty damn cool to witness the end of humanity. but only when i'd already lived a long and fulfilling life. not too long, though...
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Aristotle wrote:i personally think we'll eventually succumb to some rampant incurable disease that spreads with violent speed or there will be a nuclear-powered exit of us from this folly we call life.

I vote for the first one. Because "The Stand" was pretty cool and if by some infinitesmally tiny chance I survive with no one around, I'll be at peace for the first time ever. And then I'll go raid the BMW dealership.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:08 am

Funny how you always assume you will survive when imagining the post-apocalypse. It's going to be a real shame when I die shitting blood instead.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:42 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Aristotle wrote:i personally think we'll eventually succumb to some rampant incurable disease that spreads with violent speed or there will be a nuclear-powered exit of us from this folly we call life.

I vote for the first one. Because "The Stand" was pretty cool and if by some infinitesmally tiny chance I survive with no one around, I'll be at peace for the first time ever. And then I'll go raid the BMW dealership.

+1. I used to have dreams like that. Where I'd wake up and be the last fucking person on earth. I always did two things in these dreams. 1) Masturbate in some (traditionally) public place, 2) make my way to a Ferrari or Porsche dealership.

I was a troubled, troubled youth.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Boo. Looks like we need to wait until late January before the government topples to a no confidence vote. Assuming the no-doubt multi-million dollar Conservaitve smear campaign that happens in the interim doesn't distort public perception too much (though ultimately, the House of Commons chooses the government, not us).

Ah well.

Turbofrog

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:50 pm

God Damn I love America right now.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Turbofrog wrote:
Olds wrote:For someone in deepest darkest africa, you sure do have a lot of internet access. Are you sure you're not somewhere in Parkdale right now?
If you read my blag, you'd see that I have had some boring downtime waiting for work from my company (which didn't actually materialize - guh), and I've been sort of stuck in accommodation that is way nicer and more expensive than I need, which happens to have (slow) wi-fi.

It's also not really safe for whitey to walk around the streets at night in Buj, and to be honest, I can't really be buggered to take a taxi to some restaurant or bar just to chill out for a while and take a taxi back, so I'm hanging out here. (it's 7:00 right now, and gets dark right after 6:00).
nobody read that shit.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Stupid piece of shit governor general. Fuck her.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Olds wrote:Stupid piece of shit governor general. Fuck her.

haha I know right? Nothing like complete governmental paralysis for 2 months in the middle of a massive financial crisis!

Actually, this could work.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Just kidding, I'm reallya socialist.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:27 pm

It's nuts, man. Our system is so functionally fucked up.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm

One thing for sure Harper is not on his way to any majority with him and his cronies throwing around of "seperatists" every second word. He may or may not as things cool down gain more support in T.R.O.C. but he will loose more support in Quebec and Federalists in Quebec will likely go back to the Liberals once they have their new leader. I said it after the Oct 14 election Harper is a "dead man walking too" politically speaking he and his regressive Conservatives may just not know it yet.

His display over the years in Parliament of crass, petty politics (don't forget he had a falling out with Preston Manning back in his Reform days) and a hard on for his ego being stroked and total control lust is truth revealing as to the hack he truly is.

Ignatief or Ray for the Liberals may not be Obamesque but they will not be the whack job that Harper has shown over the years.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Im still sticking with my initial post.

FUCK! Whatever.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:06 pm

VS wrote:Funny how you always assume you will survive when imagining the post-apocalypse. It's going to be a real shame when I die shitting blood instead.

He died the way he lived.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:06 pm

thewalrus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

+1. I used to have dreams like that. Where I'd wake up and be the last fucking person on earth. I always did two things in these dreams. 1) Masturbate in some (traditionally) public place, 2) make my way to a Ferrari or Porsche dealership.

I was a troubled, troubled youth.

Youth? Are you sure you didn't dream about that just in the last week or so?
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:36 pm

millertime wrote:Im still sticking with my initial post.

FUCK! Whatever.

Is there a particular reason you seem to support the party which has ZERO environmental or energy plans?

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:02 am

911 wrote:
millertime wrote:Im still sticking with my initial post.

FUCK! Whatever.

Is there a particular reason you seem to support the party which has ZERO environmental or energy plans?

The Liberals have a shitty leader.
The NDP is against capitalism
The Green party cant run a country.

It seemed like a no brainer to me.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:06 am

Fuck the environment.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:07 am

real capitalism died this year.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:07 am

dunnas wrote:Fuck the environment.

+1
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:20 am

Aristotle wrote:real capitalism died this year.

Hence my apathy towards this entire fucking shit show. Fucked economy, fucked government. My take on it all is to just keep doing what I am doing. Make some money, learn how to manage projects and ride this fucker out.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next