Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where have all the cheap roasters gone (in Canada)

+8
Aristotle
Spinal
JaysonAych
Swerve
SBF
Olds
VS
thewalrus
12 posters

Go down

Where have all the cheap roasters gone (in Canada) Empty Where have all the cheap roasters gone (in Canada)

Post by thewalrus Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:36 pm

I was checking some listings of old British Roadsters today because I was bored at work. Thinking, what the hell, maybe it'll be a possibility in a few years (it won't, I know, get your shots in - but that's not what this is about).

It seems like it wasn't that long ago, that, in Canada, you could pick up a nice, say, MGB or Triumph TR6 for a couple thousand. Now, I couldn't find even an adequately nice (read, non-project car) for less than $10,000. And most were going for substantially more.

They're cheaper in the States. If I ever do this (and I never will, because I suck), I suppose I'll probably import one from down south.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Where have all the cheap roasters gone (in Canada) Empty Re: Where have all the cheap roasters gone (in Canada)

Post by VS Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:41 pm

They can be found in the classifieds under Iron Oxide.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Where have all the cheap roasters gone (in Canada) Empty Re: Where have all the cheap roasters gone (in Canada)

Post by Olds Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:09 pm

It's not even worth making fun of your car-related indecision anymore.

It's just become depressing...
Olds
Olds
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:30 am

Wally, what the hell is wrong with you?

You clearly need to look for a TR4 or TR5 -_-
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:39 am

Actually, let me know, I have my British Car hookups here in Illinois.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:29 pm

Economic downturns always burst the bubble on classic car prices. So a couple of years from now will be the perfect time to buy, not that it matters...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:45 pm

I'd love to get an MG Midget, but I'm not sure if I could handle the excitement.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Some guy on Facebook sent me a message asking if I was the JD who used to own an MG Midget. I didn't reply.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:20 am

I know where you can find a cheap roaster.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:01 am

Always classic...
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:23 am

That's one of the only things that made Mad TV worth watching :roflmao: :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:28 am

hahaha man i don't have any desire to own any car. i like reading about and watching racing, and that's about it. :roflmao:

i'll probably drive the nissan until it's no longer safe (deck activity exempted).

after that, maybe i'll get an accord or something.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluntman Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:36 pm

I like Sunbeam Tigers. fun cars.A friend has one that has been garaged for many years just needs tlc.Everything is there and straight body.Simple resto.I will buy it when he is ready.But Wally they will be a fun car.Small V8+small car=fun.

But here are some to read about.

http://bringatrailer.com/2008/04/07/restored-and-documented-1966-sunbeam-tiger/

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z7994/Sunbeam-Tiger-MK1.aspx
Bluntman
Bluntman

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:58 am

I can't imagine those are very cheap though Blunt. When the time comes (and it won't), I was hoping for something under $10,000.00. MG Midgets, MGBs, some of the Triumphs, Austin Bug Eyes... stuff like that.

My favorite roadsters of all time of course would have to be an MGA or an E-type... but those are already commanding seriously high price tags.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:49 pm

Wally, face it, you won't have the balls to get a fun roadster. Just give up now...
GregTX
GregTX
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Aaaaaand Greg comes in with the bitchslap. :roflmao:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:17 pm

GregTX wrote:Wally, face it, you won't have the balls to get a fun roadster. Just give up now...

Maybe you didn't hear. But I'm getting a cappuccino machine. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:38 pm

Pip, Pip, Old Chap
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:41 pm

Swerve wrote:Some guy on Facebook sent me a message asking if I was the JD who used to own an MG Midget. I didn't reply.

:roflmao: :smellywub:

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 am

thewalrus wrote:
GregTX wrote:Wally, face it, you won't have the balls to get a fun roadster. Just give up now...

Maybe you didn't hear. But I'm getting a cappuccino machine. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

The only cappuccinos I care about are made by suzuki.

Fucking emo civic driver!!
GregTX
GregTX

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 am

GregTX wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

The only cappuccinos I care about are made by suzuki.

Fucking emo civic driver!!

I like my civic. Woe
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:13 am

if you like driving a civic and don't think of it as an appliance, you are a poser emo person, as real emo's drive shitty fords

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 am

1300ZUK wrote:if you like driving a civic and don't think of it as an appliance, you are a poser emo person, as real emo's drive shitty fords

I'M NOT EMO!

Also my Civic shifts beautifully.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:37 pm

thewalrus wrote:
1300ZUK wrote:if you like driving a civic and don't think of it as an appliance, you are a poser emo person, as real emo's drive shitty fords

I'M NOT EMO!

drinks gourmet coffee, plays guitar, talks about angst and woe, if you're not emo, The All American Rejects are a punk metal band.
GregTX
GregTX

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:43 pm

GregTX wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

I'M NOT EMO!

drinks gourmet coffee, plays guitar, talks about angst and woe, if you're not emo, The All American Rejects are a punk metal band.

No no no, Emo is a fashion statement. I'm just a cynic.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:09 pm

Emo is a way of life.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:11 pm

xtine wrote:Emo is a way of life.

YOU'RE A WAY OF LIFE. :smelly:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:13 pm

thewalrus wrote:
GregTX wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

I'M NOT EMO!

give it a few more years to transition from cynic to shotgun toting old man with a lawn.
GregTX
GregTX

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:16 pm

GregTX wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
GregTX wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

I'M NOT EMO!

give it a few more years to transition from cynic to shotgun toting old man with a lawn.

I'm really looking forward to that part of my life.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:17 pm

thewalrus wrote:
xtine wrote:Emo is a way of life.

YOU'RE A WAY OF LIFE. :smelly:

:saynomore:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down