Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why McCain and regressives just have it wrong.

3 posters

Go down

Why McCain and regressives just have it wrong. Empty Why McCain and regressives just have it wrong.

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Iraq, troops 100 years

McCain tried to cover it up by stating after the previous town hall though and on t.v. talk show circuit as long as US troops are not fighting and being killed he's fine with a US military presence in Iraq for not just 100 years but maybe 10,000. Lets not forget the money being wasted by doing so. If The US is not their to fight why should it be the at all? OCCUPATION of a sovereign state is why. The liar, Old man McCian wants Iraqis to continue to kill each other but let the USA have the real control over the nation. IT WONT F**KNG WORK!

Then to insult any person who understands history by using South Korea, Japan and Germany as ideals is just sickening.

South Korea is still in a state of war with the North. A war originally begun by the North on the South in 1950.
Japan and Germany became members of a western world alliances that stood against the USSR. Germany was also and is also in NATO! Both nations accepted initial occupation because they needed to be rebuilt from WWII and also because they feared for 50 years a USSR attack and invasion on them. The USA helped ebb that fear. The USA has bases in both today merely for political reasons.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 nor any terrorism on the USA. It had no WMD and the US occupation subverts its ability to seek its own reconciliation. McCain wants to keep troops there as he says not to fight but to put occupation on Iraq and that will not work in the long run. He and all regressives are out of touch.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Why McCain and regressives just have it wrong. Empty Re: Why McCain and regressives just have it wrong.

Post by Omni Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:36 am

American lives aren't the only things we are worried about. How about the billions of dollars of our money being spent there? If he becomes president I get the feeling that there will be permanent bases in Iraq whether the Iraqis or the American people like it or not.
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Why McCain and regressives just have it wrong. Empty Re: Why McCain and regressives just have it wrong.

Post by JaysonAych Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:13 am

Omni wrote:American lives aren't the only things we are worried about. How about the billions of dollars of our money being spent there?

I just think of just how fucking awesome our education system, infrastructure, medical research, and alternative energy research efforts might be in this country if we spent even half of the Iraq war money here in this country over the last several years. And then I cry.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:30 am

Thanks to 25+ years of neo-con policies and actions we are now seeing an event of disturbing and likely great despare, not seen since the 1930's. Those who have grand parents need to talk to them about the 30's to get an idea of what they experienced and likely very much (but different in some ways) what we and especially the USA are about to feel.

The regressive movement spearheaded by Republicans and greedhand corporatists have wanted to decimate the 'New Deal' by FDR since he brought it into vogue in the 30's. They beginning with Reagan planted the seeds. While Bill Clinton helped stunt it is some ways in the 90's even he could not stop it especially after the regressives gained the control of Congress from 1994-2006. Bush and Cheney have fertilized it to now where they missed seeing its growth like a tumor is going to kill the USA as we all have known it post WII and create troubles for much of the world, which the world will blame mostly but to be fair not only on the USA.

If by some insane ideal the McCain /Palin ticket wins especially if there is widespread reports of fraud and abuse of voters I believe the world will begin and likely quite quickly disengaging or putting such things into place from the USA. The USA as the growing likely depression appears to be will become a pariah. It will firstly be worked on in back rooms this disengagement will be to later outright world push back maybe even relegating the USA as this outcast. Sorry but this is how I see what has become a broken myopic, ignorant society, built around a govt. of rank cronies and a massive abuse of power of a corporate elite along with lacking in integrity corporate US media all conspiring to keep the honest hard working and decent avg. Joe and Mary Sixpack American distracted, abused, lied to and left like a heap on the road side of life as the cronies and other surrogates reaped the windfall for 25+ years but not even they saw through their actions their wealth disappearing by massive US debt.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:32 am

PIECES OF EIGHT, lyrics

Written by Dennis DeYoung
Lead Vocals by Dennis DeYoung

It's six o'clock
Good morning sounds are everywhere
The warmth of spring, a gentle breeze blows through my hair

I hurry through my life never stopping to see
How beautiful it was meant to be

I'm just a prisoner in a king's disguise
Broken dreams as we shuffle by

It's six o'clock it's quitting time I'm done for the day
Out on the streets I overheard a lady say
We now have everything or so people say
But now this emptiness haunts me every day
We seek the lion's share never knowing why
Come alive spread your wings and fly

Pieces of eight
The search for the money tree
Don't cash your freedoms in for gold
Pieces of eight
Can't buy you everything
Don't let it turn your heart to stone

<Approx. 2 minute instrumental>

Pieces of eight
The search for the money tree
Don't cash your freedoms in for gold

Pieces of eight
**Treasures filled with emptiness
Don't let it turn your heart to stone
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down