Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My plan to greatly reduce the problems of drug abuse

+6
Aristotle
dunnas
The_Edge
Omni
Les_Vipers_rule
10 posters

Go down

My plan to greatly reduce the problems of drug abuse Empty My plan to greatly reduce the problems of drug abuse

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Drug abuse needs to stop being seen as a crime but seen as a health and sociological issue. For the most part the legal distribution of alcohol and tobacco has greatly reduce the use and problem of both. Not eliminate them as that is unrealistic but reduce them. In Canada tobacco is now only smoked by about 17% of the population. It has been legal, regulated, taxed and money spent to educate others from hopefully trying and getting addicted to it. Alcohol is a social pleasure by many people in Canada and it does have its ravages on those who are alcoholics. It is a problem, but less so because it is legal, regulated and taxed. Stiff anti-drunk driving laws have also helped.

So it is time that we made legal the most widely used natural drugs, marijuana, hash,opium, cocaine, crack, heroin. Based on tobacco and alcohol legalizing them will not increase their use because firstly the taboo nature of them will be worn off. We will also control distribution, license business to grow and make them, regulate them and tax them putting money back from such into proper non-condescending education programmes and to create programmes to help those addicted by these to hopefully get off them. No it will not be a cure all ora catch all but it will take the crime element out of it all. It will allow us to better help those who are addicted by them and allow govt. to oversee just as it does with booze and tobacco. Money saved from police having to go after these criminal elements who use these drugs in crime will be bette spent on going after the few non-natural, poison being passed off as such as well as others thing for cops to do.

We need a fundamental change in mindset over drugs in society, stop making it a crime (the user of them) and take it away from criminals by legalizing, taxing, regulating and controlling distribution. These will move the ball down path of seeing a major drop in drug use. It will take a generation or longer just as tobacco use falling off has been but it will happen if society adopted my idea.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

My plan to greatly reduce the problems of drug abuse Empty Re: My plan to greatly reduce the problems of drug abuse

Post by Omni Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:41 pm

I dunno how I feel about cocaine, crack, and heroin becoming legal but I agree on the others. In my opinion, there are some drugs that just shouldn't be easily accessible.
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

My plan to greatly reduce the problems of drug abuse Empty Re: My plan to greatly reduce the problems of drug abuse

Post by The_Edge Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Who needs drugs when people already make videos like cat girl kiki? hahaaa
The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:33 am

I'm not sure why you find Cat girl Kiki to be so strange. It is Japanese afterall.

This one isn't however. It's from the US. :undies:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/teenage-catgirls-in-heat-us-version/1004407836-0-0-0-en/info.html
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:50 am

The plan is nice in macro version but doesn't work in individual cases.

Drugs will still be surrounded with crime whether they're legal or not. It's very likely that the black market will offer a cheaper product. And the salesman accepts car stereos as payment.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:51 am

dunnas wrote:I'm not sure why you find Cat girl Kiki to be so strange. It is Japanese afterall.

This one isn't however. It's from the US. :undies:
[url=http://www.yesasia.com/us/teenage-catgirls-in-heat-us-version/1004407836-0-0-0-en/info.html
http://www.yesasia.com/us/teenage-catgirls-in-heat-us-version/1004407836-0-0-0-en/info.html[/quote[/url]]

She can play with my string balls anytime :hump:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:26 am

we need illegal drugs. there are too many govt jobs that depend on illegal narcotics.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:06 am

legalize crack and heroin?

u fkn mad? U kno what that does to people lives? Even if it was legal people will sure overdose on that shit on the reg. Imagine drunk driving but with herion addicts and without cars but just the same amount of damage being done.

i feel what ur saying but those drugs destroy lives. Dependency on them will be too great. Those being illegal actually helps more than it hurts. U know how many people would actually just work to buy drugs. It will destroy lives man.. not cool.

I dont kno if u ever saw a crackhead or a herion addict but its not pretty.. makin that shit legal will increase them 10 fold.
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:46 pm

milleniahead wrote:legalize crack and heroin?

u fkn mad? U kno what that does to people lives? Even if it was legal people will sure overdose on that shit on the reg. Imagine drunk driving but with herion addicts and without cars but just the same amount of damage being done.

i feel what ur saying but those drugs destroy lives. Dependency on them will be too great. Those being illegal actually helps more than it hurts. U know how many people would actually just work to buy drugs. It will destroy lives man.. not cool.

I dont kno if u ever saw a crackhead or a herion addict but its not pretty.. makin that shit legal will increase them 10 fold.

Tobacco and alcohol are legal and we don't see an explosion of users in either. Sure each has their own problems, there is not 100% cure all but as the US found out when it had prohibition making booze illegal only made, matters worse. You have to think differently, people turn to drugs not really because they are illegal but because they are ignorant to the greater effects or problems of using them, believe they offer them something or some comfort. Yes, with young people the taboo effect helps get them using drugs at times. If they were illegal this would be gone. I also noted you cannot make them legal without taking revenues to educate society on them and to build, operate programmes to help those addicted who may want to get off the drug.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:44 pm

this is the problem with the idea of legalizing drugs. people who can't grasp how it would actually help addicts instead of creating more.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:39 pm

big_jesus wrote:

this is the problem with the idea of legalizing drugs. people who can't grasp how it would actually help addicts instead of creating more.

what is ur arguement? how can it help? lemme guess, r u going to say its going to help limit the use?
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:45 pm

i'm all for legalizing weed. that's it, though.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Tobacco and alcohol are legal and we don't see an explosion of users in either. Sure each has their own problems, there is not 100% cure all but as the US found out when it had prohibition making booze illegal only made, matters worse. You have to think differently, people turn to drugs not really because they are illegal but because they are ignorant to the greater effects or problems of using them, believe they offer them something or some comfort. Yes, with young people the taboo effect helps get them using drugs at times. If they were illegal this would be gone. I also noted you cannot make them legal without taking revenues to educate society on them and to build, operate programmes to help those addicted who may want to get off the drug.

i completely understand. But to legalize crack and heroin is like saying well why dont u give a gun to a 5yr old because u taught him, "hey guns are bad, its koo lil guy." Its fkn stupid. Those 2 drugs, meth included are a fkn detriment to anyone legal or not. Do u two even know what those drugs do to people? Ever met anyone who was on it or addicted to it? ever fuckin watch a family member die on that shit? U tell me how educating society and makign it legal is going to help someone who wants to do it all the time a safer drug user? If u guys know the what the fuck the drugs actually do, the drugs above make u want more and more and more. A fkn education and makin it legal isnt really going to help.

u guys are fuckin nazi hippies. think about what u both are saying. METH, CRACK, HEROIN, MAKE THAT LEGAL? fuck outta here. id shoot u stupid fucks myself. Education and legalization isnt going to help someone who has an additive personality, it isnt going to help someone who wants to just work to get high. U guys are fuckin nuts and dont have the real grasp on the issue. Its fuckin obvious. other drugs.. yea koo.. but those, ur insane.
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:00 pm

of note, Les im all for what ur saying but to put those drugs i was talkin about under the same list is insane.

big j ur obviously trying to apply to be president one day, so let me do u a favor and just say u will fail if u think legalizing crack and heroin is going to benefit anybody.

And ur vague post i bet is going to be like, i didnt specify the drugs i was talkin about. ALTHOUGH all i was talkin about was those 2 drugs. well now 3 with meth..
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:34 pm

fuckin millenia :roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:53 pm

milleniahead wrote:of note, Les im all for what ur saying but to put those drugs i was talkin about under the same list is insane.

big j ur obviously trying to apply to be president one day, so let me do u a favor and just say u will fail if u think legalizing crack and heroin is going to benefit anybody.

And ur vague post i bet is going to be like, i didnt specify the drugs i was talkin about. ALTHOUGH all i was talkin about was those 2 drugs. well now 3 with meth..

Meth and any other man made poison drugs were not included in my point. The police will then have the time and resources to go after them.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:12 pm

Les trying to speak rationally about substances that completely throw any rationale you may have in the garbage is ridiculous. Frankly, this is clearly put forward by someone who's never actually done drugs or understands how even something as minute as weed can affect how one thinks and acts.

Watch Intervention and tell me that these people can be rationally approached and educated into stopping. They know it's dumb les, they know they will die if they continue on that path. Yet they don't stop.

Your entire theory seems based on the fact that given education and full openness/disclosure that people will inevitably make the correct decision. That's where this entire thing falls apart.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:25 pm

By making drugs as I noted legal and then having govt. regulate and control them including distribution takes crime (for the most part) out of them. Just as tobacco and alcohol do. I never said it was a cure all but the monies then taken in will be put into strong eduction and suitable drug rehabilitation programmes to help those addicted. Contrary to what some feel a drug being legal does not make its demand to take it higher. But an illegal drug does have taboo cache and peer pressure cache especially among young people.

My idea does not solve all issues but if you think 30+ years of the status quo war on drugs is working then you must be living on another planet.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:36 pm

Les,

Crime will never be far removed from drugs. Giving legitimate buyers a place to purchase is all fine and good, but usually heroin addicts don't have a 9 to 5 job and will commit various levels of crime/panhandling/some combination of semi legal and legal activities to be able to afford it.

I do not think the war on drugs is working or that it is just. I don't however believe that this should be a call to scrap but rather a call to reform and get a real perspective on drugs and their effects on society. There's obviously no real reason for weed to be illegal but giving hard drugs carte blanche is preposterous because kids will get their hands on it. I managed to buy booze when I was 16.

You're just showing your inexperience with drugs and the culture that surrounds it - and I don't mean for that to be a negative thing. It's like you walking into a factory and telling them how to make things better. If you have no experience dealing with these things (and this applies to all things, not just drugs as illustrated here) then you're in absolutely no position to provide some coverall solution of education. I repeat - people know coke/heroin is very bad for you and extremely addictive. Go ask a 14 year old kid these days and he or she will tell you the same. And if an addict doesn't want treatment no program will help.

The 'taboo' as you call it isn't with the law, it's about experiencing different ways your mind works. The law just adds an air of rebellion that people of the typical drug-starting age seem to really identify with since the 'real world' doesn't offer them anything they like.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:40 pm

And you're using the same garbage argument that Obama uses - are you really prepared for XX amount of years of the same status quo? I think the basis is actually quite similar - you can't make presidential decisions without the unique set of information available to the president and you can't analyze something you don't even begin to understand. And this is coming from a pretty docile (albeit heavy) weed smoker, not some hardcore drug addict. I can only imagine how that other shit messes with your brain.

Let's also recall that one have a drink and go about the day. One can have a toke and go about your day. Rarely (I think) could one inject heroin and go to the grocery store.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 pm

I can really only speak for americans but from my experience people tend to think legal = good. I've met plenty of people who would argue alcohol is less harmful than marijuana and they have little more to go on than legality. The problem with drugs like meth, crack, heroin, etc is that they're super addictive and super harmful. I guarantee some people would try these drugs simply because they were legal. There is a lot of alcohol education out there and people still drink a shitload and still drive drunk.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:52 pm

i really agree with LES here on his most substantial point, which is that legalizing these drugs will make them absolutely less profitable, and therefore less widespread. it would cripple the drug producers.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:53 pm

and crack only exists because coke is illegal.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:54 pm

big_jesus wrote:i really agree with LES here on his most substantial point, which is that legalizing these drugs will make them absolutely less profitable, and therefore less widespread. it would cripple the drug producers.

Not to mention safer if their regulated and controlled.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:55 pm

yes, the current addicts will stay addicted, but the creation of new addicts would drastically decline. just amazingly drastically, and the money saved for the government and therefore the taxpayer would be staggering. and i don't even want to get into the prison system and the criminal justice system and the effect that legalization would have (the incredibly positive effect) on minorities.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:56 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
big_jesus wrote:i really agree with LES here on his most substantial point, which is that legalizing these drugs will make them absolutely less profitable, and therefore less widespread. it would cripple the drug producers.

Not to mention safer if their regulated and controlled.
absolutely. although, i've got little delusions about how much true far-gone addicts would do for themselves.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:09 am

is lsd illegal or not? who knows? it's like being autistic. is autism illegal? i thought not.

red A BALL i want
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down