Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTA pulled from shelves after teen kills taxi driver "to see if it was as easy as in the game"

+8
Omni
Honor
dunnas
Tailhappy
Turbofrog
ascona
xtine
12 posters

Go down

GTA pulled from shelves after teen kills taxi driver "to see if it was as easy as in the game" Empty GTA pulled from shelves after teen kills taxi driver "to see if it was as easy as in the game"

Post by xtine Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:10 pm

A Thai student murdered a taxi driver while trying to recreate a scene from the Grand Theft Auto computer game.

Polwat Chino, 18, who was said to be an obsessive player of the controversial game, stabbed the 54-year-old driver ten times.

'He said he wanted to find out if it was as easy in real life to rob a taxi as it was in the game,' chief police investigator Veeravit Pipattanasak said.

Grand Theft Auto, which is made by Edinburgh-based firm Rockstar North, has been criticised for depicting carjackings, drive-by shootings and prostitution. It has also been accused of encouraging juvenile crime in Britain.

Now a Thai video game distributor has halted sales of 'Grand Theft Auto' as backlash against the controversially violent game began.

The 18-year-old high school student, who is now in custody, faces death by lethal injection if found guilty of robbing and killing the 54-year-old taxi driver over the weekend.

Pics and rest of article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1041407/Grand-Theft-Auto-pulled-sale-Bangkok-teen-murders-taxi-driver-easy-game.html
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

GTA pulled from shelves after teen kills taxi driver "to see if it was as easy as in the game" Empty Re: GTA pulled from shelves after teen kills taxi driver "to see if it was as easy as in the game"

Post by ascona Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:18 pm

i could use an injection
ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

GTA pulled from shelves after teen kills taxi driver "to see if it was as easy as in the game" Empty Re: GTA pulled from shelves after teen kills taxi driver "to see if it was as easy as in the game"

Post by Turbofrog Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Apparently, the answer is yes.

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Chinks are doing some wacky stuff.

Keep it abroad, slants.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 pm

It's much easier to rob a taxi driver in real live, considering that you can't actually rob them in the game. :whatever:

You can't even do a runner without paying the fare. :shrug:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 pm

speaking of gta4, when the hell are they planning on releasing the downloadable content packs? the games been out almost 4 months now. :whatever:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:06 pm

I haven't played the game at all since I got Rock Band.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:23 pm

People are always trying to blame it on something. As Chris Rock said, what ever happened to just plain old crazy?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 pm

911 wrote:I haven't played the game at all since I got Rock Band.

let me guess, singer, its okay you can admit it
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:07 am

Omni wrote:People are always trying to blame it on something. As Chris Rock said, what ever happened to just plain old crazy?

I know. I mean, if someone actually thought, "Gee I wonder if it IS that easy to take another person's life," and went through with it because they needed some hands-on evidence, they'd have eventually found a way to that end eventually.

Besides...with nearly a dozen GTA games including the originals, expansions, and handheld versions, he JUST NOW decided to try killing a taxi driver? Fucking lazy ass.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:10 am

Honor Kleinberger wrote:speaking of gta4, when the hell are they planning on releasing the downloadable content packs? the games been out almost 4 months now. :whatever:

I heard they were waiting until the following fiscal year to bring out the DLC for some reason.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:58 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Omni wrote:People are always trying to blame it on something. As Chris Rock said, what ever happened to just plain old crazy?

I know. I mean, if someone actually thought, "Gee I wonder if it IS that easy to take another person's life," and went through with it because they needed some hands-on evidence, they'd have eventually found a way to that end eventually.

Besides...with nearly a dozen GTA games including the originals, expansions, and handheld versions, he JUST NOW decided to try killing a taxi driver? Fucking lazy ass.

Exactly. The reason GTA is fun is because there will never be any real consequences. You can barely get away with taking a dump in public let alone going on a murderous rampage and getting away without facing any consequences.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 am

Omni wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

Exactly. The reason GTA is fun is because there will never be any real consequences. You can barely get away with taking a dump in public let alone going on a murderous rampage and getting away without facing any consequences.

reminds me of a mate who got fined 50 eurobucks for pising in a river. . .
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:26 am

shit if they do it like that they might as well take the news off the air..

all it is is murders rapes and kidnappings.. then they tell u how the person did it so emulators have something to go by
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Turbofrog wrote:Apparently, the answer is yes.
i disagree. in the game, you never face a death sentence for doing it.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down