Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter Egan - retiring. No more side glances.

5 posters

Go down

Peter Egan - retiring.  No more side glances. Empty Peter Egan - retiring. No more side glances.

Post by thewalrus Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:14 pm

This hurts.

Man, that guy got me into cars, and helped define what I really ended up liking.

Great writer, and he sounds like a pretty cool guy too - with all the right interests (cars, music, guitars, planes, etc. etc.)

Ah man, this month was his last article. He'll still be contributing, but damn, I'm going to miss picking it up and going right to Side Glances.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Peter Egan - retiring.  No more side glances. Empty Re: Peter Egan - retiring. No more side glances.

Post by Talon Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Who?
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Peter Egan - retiring.  No more side glances. Empty Re: Peter Egan - retiring. No more side glances.

Post by thewalrus Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm

thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Mang, that was the only reason to read that magazine.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 am

He lives here in WI if anyone wants me to go hunt him down and beg him to come back.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:22 am

ryguy79 wrote:Mang, that was the only reason to read that magazine.
I know eh? And I just renewed my subscription. I guess he'll still do periodicals. But nothing regular any more.

His last article was great, though. Fitting send off.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:22 am

Tailhappy wrote:He lives here in WI if anyone wants me to go hunt him down and beg him to come back.
Mr. Egan? Hello. We're from the internet, and we'd like you to come back.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Tailhappy wrote:He lives here in WI if anyone wants me to go hunt him down and beg him to come back.
Mr. Egan?  Hello.  We're from the internet, and we'd like you to come back.
Oh my god, you're from the internet!

Why, yes, I suppose I am.

BACK! GET BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Peter Egan - retiring.  No more side glances. Hqdefault
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:58 am

Interesting. I did a google search on that quote and ended up reading an article about a guy who left the Internet for a year. It sounds like it was a total failure and he became even more anti social .

Not sure why I bothered to share that.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down