Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My driver's side window got all gay

+8
SBF
1300ZUK
JaysonAych
milleniahead
Talon
Honor
Tailhappy
Omni
12 posters

Go down

My driver's side window got all gay Empty My driver''s side window got all gay

Post by Omni Thu May 21, 2009 11:05 pm

And won't go up at all. I called the dealer out of curiosity and they told me they'd charge 90 bucks just to remove the door panel. What a fucking rip off. I've read that sometimes the screws just fall out of the regulator so I'm hoping it shouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately I have to wait until saturday morning to do this because I don't have time before work. Thank god there isn't rain in the forecast. :roflmao:
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

My driver's side window got all gay Empty Re: My driver's side window got all gay

Post by Tailhappy Thu May 21, 2009 11:38 pm

What car?
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

My driver's side window got all gay Empty Re: My driver's side window got all gay

Post by Honor Fri May 22, 2009 12:08 am

2002 WRX
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 22, 2009 12:09 am

omni, you should get a shop manual for your car. you can get them pretty cheap and they really come in handy. or at least a chiltons manual or something. ive owned one or the other or both for every car ive ever owned.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri May 22, 2009 1:37 am

honor man wrote:omni, you should get a shop manual for your car. you can get them pretty cheap and they really come in handy. or at least a chiltons manual or something. ive owned one or the other or both for every car ive ever owned.

I have the shop manual in pdf form. It was a free download too. :cheers:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri May 22, 2009 11:41 am

Fucking dealers. Just pop off the interior of the door and the problem will probably be staring you right in the face.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri May 22, 2009 11:59 am

Talon wrote:Fucking dealers. Just pop off the interior of the door and the problem will probably be staring you right in the face.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm hoping. I just can't figure out how they can say it will cost that much. For someone with experience doing that shit how long could it possibly take?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Fri May 22, 2009 3:18 pm

a door panel.. me takin mines off the 1st time took me 30min.. Never took off any panel myself b4 so if u knew what u were doin and had the right tools, 10min tops..

dealers charge u in labor.. and his guess was an hour estimate i bet..
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat May 23, 2009 2:32 am

milleniahead wrote:a door panel.. me takin mines off the 1st time took me 30min.. Never took off any panel myself b4 so if u knew what u were doin and had the right tools, 10min tops..

dealers charge u in labor.. and his guess was an hour estimate i bet..

Yeah, but 90 bucks an hour? :jay:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat May 23, 2009 5:08 am

Omni wrote:
Talon wrote:Fucking dealers. Just pop off the interior of the door and the problem will probably be staring you right in the face.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm hoping. I just can't figure out how they can say it will cost that much. For someone with experience doing that shit how long could it possibly take?

an hour. 5 mins for him to fix the window and the other 55 for him sitting on his ass eating a donut and drinking coffee. :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat May 23, 2009 10:57 am

honor man wrote:
Omni wrote:

an hour. 5 mins for him to fix the window and the other 55 for him sitting on his ass eating a donut and drinking coffee. :roflmao:

Yeah, while I wait in the fucking waiting room ready to off myself :curses:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat May 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:
Omni wrote:

Yeah, while I wait in the fucking waiting room ready to off myself :curses:

Listening to the inane chatter of everyone else waiting too, as they comment on every single thing that's shown on TV, from the Today Show bit about Fifi the Wonder Poodle, who can jump 4 inches higher than most poodles, to the Progressive commercial where they cackle hysterically at everything that annoying lady in the ad says and does, and talking about her as if she's actually in the fucking room.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat May 23, 2009 7:11 pm

Ok, so I figured out the problem. There are two bolts that attach to components that control the window and somehow they both fell out. The problem is that one of them actually stretched and bent some of the metal in the door and I can't get anything to line up properly to even put them back in. The thread on the one that stretched the metal seems to be fucked up too. The door is welded around the edges as you'd imagine so it's virtually impossible to get in there anyway. I'm thinking I may just need a new door. :undies:

My driver's side window got all gay Missin10

My driver's side window got all gay Missin11

My driver's side window got all gay Missin12
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sat May 23, 2009 10:47 pm

So those bolts held in a motor or something that rolled the windows up and down, and now that they fell out the motor or whatever is in between the sheet metal? Do you have the bolts?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun May 24, 2009 12:09 am

this might be a common thing with wrxs. have you checked out any subaru forums?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun May 24, 2009 11:08 am

I could have that shit fixed with 10 min trip to the hardware.

Quit being a bitch and fix it.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun May 24, 2009 11:13 am

1300ZUK wrote:I could have that shit fixed with 10 min trip to the hardware.

Quit being a bitch and fix it.

No you couldn't have. The shit won't even properly line up and if you actually read what I posted you'd have also seen that the thread on the one that stretched seems to be fucked up. The part is inside the fucking door frame which is welded shut.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun May 24, 2009 11:18 am

honor man wrote:this might be a common thing with wrxs. have you checked out any subaru forums?

I've seen some stuff about it but other people seem like they were able to just thread the bolts back in. That did not seem like it was going to work for me so I don't know what the fuck to do.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun May 24, 2009 11:42 am

Ever heard of a tap and die?

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun May 24, 2009 11:48 am

I've never done it before so it makes me a bit wary. I'd hate to fuck it up since I probably only have one good shot at it.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun May 24, 2009 12:43 pm

I'd find a nice body shop and ask very nicely.

And by body shop i don't mean the dealership bodyshop, but a local one ran by someone who resembles your dad and owned/worked at that shop since he was in high school.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon May 25, 2009 1:34 am

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm going to see if any can help me out before I take it to the evil dealer :curses:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon May 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Yeah ask the local body shop. Usually can do it for a cheap price and by cheap price I mean cheaper than the dealer.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 pm

damn man that motor got some torque/hp
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Mon May 25, 2009 3:39 pm

window motors do actually have a lot of torque in them to move that glass, i had one snap metal sprocket that spins it up the track right in half cause the autostop failed to autostop and tried to open itself below the door :lol:
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon May 25, 2009 4:06 pm

how much could it have possibly rolled?
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon May 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Aristotle wrote:how much could it have possibly rolled?

IT guys are antisocial queers. It can be done. What kind of roller is it?
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon May 25, 2009 4:27 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Aristotle wrote:how much could it have possibly rolled?

IT guys are antisocial queers. It can be done. What kind of roller is it?

design done 12 months coop there. will go back again? :unsure:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 27, 2009 10:54 am

So I found a shop through a girl at my work and they fixed it this morning. They only charged me 50 bucks when the dealer probably would have charged 4 times that. :talon2:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 27, 2009 12:38 pm

sweet :cheers:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri May 29, 2009 12:28 pm

well, the stretched one probably could have been fixed w/ a washer or two and a small lugnut or something. But ti's cool that you got it fixed for cheap[er than the dealer].
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri May 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Turbojett wrote:well, the stretched one probably could have been fixed w/ a washer or two and a small lugnut or something. But ti's cool that you got it fixed for cheap[er than the dealer].

Yeah, it was a pain in the ass. I'm pretty sure they had to unbolt the other two so the holes would line up correctly again. I saw a dude on a forum that did that and he had a hell of a time getting everything lined up again and all that so I don't mind spending the 49 bucks.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down