Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror

+2
thewalrus
Les_Vipers_rule
6 posters

Go down

I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror Empty I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I looked forward to getting this vinyl disc. I love, absolutely adore Stevie Nicks, have done so since I got into music/audio as a young teen. I bought "Other side of the Mirror" when it came out in 1989 on CD and yes it's a great disc, every song kicks butt and is so typically Stevie Nicks. The fidelity was always a bit on the bright side as many CD's were at that time. I have wanted to find an LP version since I got back into vinyl in 2003 (after a 15 year and stupid on my part absence) and I now have a beautiful new cover and LP. The cover art alone is STUNNING!

I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror Tosotmlarge

better pictures.

I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror Nicksfix088

back cover

I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror Nicksfix049

I've been in love with wub wub Stevie Nicks wub wub since being a young teen, she has and always will be the other woman in my life even if I never will meet her in person.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror Empty Re: I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror

Post by thewalrus Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:58 pm

I like her music and her voice is incredible. Though I'd probably describe teh cover art as closer to terrifying than stunning.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror Empty Re: I got a new vinyl record of Stevie Nicks, Other Side of the Mirror

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:39 pm

thewalrus wrote:I like her music and her voice is incredible. Though I'd probably describe teh cover art as closer to terrifying than stunning.

It's a matter of one's taste. The online photos do not have the depth and detail of the cover art. To me she has always been gorgeous, not a 10 I don't particularly care much for 10's as they usually are too phony and generally more empty headed and stuck up. I'd rate Stevie as a solid 7 but in my heart she's just simply beautiful.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:10 pm

did you jerk off to the album cover yet?
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Stevie Nicks is cool. I love Fleetwood Mac and pretty much anything the members did solo.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:09 am

JaysonAych wrote:Stevie Nicks is cool. I love Fleetwood Mac and pretty much anything the members did solo.

I agree.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:06 am

The record played back in very nice quality. I'd say it definitely beats the CD version for overall quality and is a little less bright sounding in comparison. After a good steam cleaning regiment that I do the LP plays very quiet on my setup too. I recorded a CDr copy off it while it played to compare the CDr made from vinyl to my commercial CD bought back in the day.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 am

first that shemale in the other thread

now a 'woman' named steve

something you want to tell us Les?

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:first that shemale in the other thread

now a 'woman' named steve

something you want to tell us Les?

Firstly you are either just joking to get a rise (as such it then speaks to the low level of your intellect) or you validate your stupidity.

1: Padma Lakshmi is not a shemale you idiot.

2:It's Stevie not Steve ok? Her given name is Stephanie Lynn Nicks and if you are not aware of who she is and her legacy as a solo pop/rock singer and as the main vocalist for Fleetwood Mac then your head has been buried even further up your ass.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Why are you incapable of understanding the underlying meaning of peoples posts? You can't tell when people are just joking, you can't tell when people are just trying to get you riled up, you just don't seem to get it full stop. huh:

PS. That Padma chick does look rather manish

PPS. Domestics still suck balls.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:30 am

dunnas wrote:Why are you incapable of understanding the underlying meaning of peoples posts? You can't tell when people are just joking, you can't tell when people are just trying to get you riled up, you just don't seem to get it full stop. huh:

PS. That Padma chick does look rather manish

PPS. Domestics still suck balls.

Um why can't you do the same?

Next I noted that Penz may have been joking and if so it was really quite stupid but you can go and kiss his ass ok?

As for Padma maybe only to your fuzzy eyes does she look manish. Get real ok?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:26 am

:facepalm:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down