Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers

5 posters

Go down

Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers Empty Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers

Post by xtine Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 am

I can't believe someone funded this study.

Colorado State University researchers have recently concluded a study on driver behavior revealing something that may or may not be surprising to you: drivers who personalize their cars with bumper stickers, custom plates and other such markings are likely to be more aggressive and confrontational out on the road. It's all about marking your territory, say the CSU eggheads. When people use their rear bumper to, say, advertise who they voted for in the last three presidential elections (along with every associated platform issue), brag about how smart their precious kids are, or remind us about the highly unfortunate event that took place on October 27, 2004, it's really the adhesive-based equivalent of what that next-door-neighbor's dog does when he lifts his leg on your gardenias.

Those stickers make cars an extension of their drivers' home turf, which they will defend if they feel you're threatening it in any way. Conversely, people whose autos retain their stock appearance are more likely to show patience behind the wheel. So, the next time you're getting yelled at, honked at, or getting the finger from another driver, try to sneak a peek at the rear bumper as they drive off in a huff. Chances are you'll find some reading material there.

Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers 000bumperstickerszh9
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers Empty Re: Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers

Post by ascona Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:44 am

only sticker i have ever sticked on my car was a WWF sticker. i don't like stickers. . .

my brother had a "if you can read this, you're a cock" an his rear bumper . . .
ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers Empty Re: Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers

Post by Honor Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 pm

theres this kid at work who drives around in a shitty red ford festiva with no muffler and stickers all over it. god it looks so terrible. i dont know how people can drive around in cars like that and the one above.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:39 pm

There's a beat-to-shit Taurus wagon driving around with fringe lining the inside of the windshield and toys glued to the body of the car. It's the strangest thing ever.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:03 pm

in other news, i saw a vw golf tdi gti vr6 tuning turbo "dragon symbol" type R today. . .

at least that's what the badges say
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:20 pm

link to story please?
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:23 pm

big_jesus wrote:link to story please?

Google for it, ya lazy fuck.

I think it was from Autoblog.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:29 am

The entire back of my '86 Delta 88 was plastered with bumper stickers by the time I got rid of it.

I think that's the last car I ever put a bumper sticker on.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down