Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your top 5 drivers this season

5 posters

:: Sports

Go down

Your top 5 drivers this season Empty Your top 5 drivers this season

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:41 am

Inspired by a conversation i had with a friend given that noone is really convinced either of the two WDC contenders were really the most impressive drivers this season. So:

1. Sebastien Vettel - if Kimi has another shit season i expect him in a Ferrari in 2010. If he keeps progressing at the same rate he is now there wont be much in the way of competition for him.

2. Alonso - i think the guy is a prick but there's no denying he's that good. A blot on his copybook for letting politics get the better of him last year, but stick him in a good car and let him just drive and he's still the only true champion out there.

3. Raikkonen - shit season and he shouldnt really be in 3rd but i just like him because he is a little like i imagine Jim Clark was. Largely uninterested in anything other than being given a good car to go and drive faster than anyone else in. When he gets his good car noone comes close. Jim Clark was also pretty poor when being forced to drive hard by a rival.

4. Hamilton/Massa - I put them both in 4th because whilst i think Hamilton is the more naturally talented driver, he made more mistakes this season than any world champion has a right to. If Massa hadnt had just one of the many technical issues over the course of the season he would be champion, and the way Schumacher soundly thrashed him in 2006 shows how that wouldn't be right. Hamilton's got a good head start to grab a couple of titles because when Vettel gets in a good car and Kubica's BMW makes the jump up from best of the rest Hamilton wont be having it so easy. That's assuming Alonso/Renault cant find their rhythm again, and that Raikonnen's mind continues to wander elsewhere. I see 2 experienced drivers having bad seasons and 2 new stars in the making that each have easily as much pace and talent as Hamilton or Massa.

Last edited by Pennzoil GT-R on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 drivers this season Empty Re: Your top 5 drivers this season

Post by Swerve Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:24 am

Can't really split Alonso and Vettel for best.

Third would be Hamilton, if only because he creamed his teammate and took the driver's title despite some questionable penalties. Hamilton was also impressive for being able to do what the Ferrari drivers couldn't and work his way through the field after early set backs. Combined with the fact he tied with Alonso last year in an identical car, it's not just a case of being in the right place at the right time. If not for team orders at Monaco in 2007, this could have been his second title.

Fourth probably Kubica, although he was very hot and cold.

Fifth Massa or Glock. Both impressive at times and complete morons at others. I guess Kimi fits that bill too, because he couldn't qualify or maintain any consistency throughout a race, yet achieved more than twice as many fastest laps on race day as the next best driver.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:27 pm

vettel's gonna be unstoppable in a real car.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:13 pm

I can't believe you actually put Raikkonen in 3rd. :thwak:

Kubica, Glock, Massa and Hamilton should all be well above him.
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 pm

1. webber
2. bordais
3. sato
4. earnhardt
5. patrick
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:49 pm

Did you put Webber there just to make me happy? wub

I wouldn't even put Webber im my top 5. He managed to spin out on fresh tyres in points positions a couple too many times for me.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down