Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woefull build thread

+10
SBF
JaysonAych
Tailhappy
Hey Underpants
milleniahead
zdc_LarryRX
Aristotle
big_jesus
TheWoerus
Dodge
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Woefull build thread Empty Woefull build thread

Post by Dodge Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 am

I felt the need to continue this painfully slow and otherwise ignored build thread on the amazing forum

If only the rest of the parts would arrive :mercifulend:

body parts not actually attatched :saynomore:
Woefull build thread 240_0411

mmm nice mix of shiney new and dirty old
Woefull build thread 240_0412
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Woefull build thread Empty Re: Woefull build thread

Post by TheWoerus Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:23 pm

That looks like a really cool project. How much longer do you think it'll take?

Woe
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 pm

you should shoehorn a RB20DET in there. that would be SWEEET
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:25 pm

The guy that sold me the car has an RB20 240, its... :talon2:

infopics:

Fully built Rb20 W/ Standalone engine management (STS system= coil packs, custom fuel injection code)

Woefull build thread Rb10
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:26 pm

TheWoerus wrote:That looks like a really cool project. How much longer do you think it'll take?

Woe

I'm hoping to have it running by next weekend then i'm going to start bodywork. We're going to make a paintbooth outa the carport and try spraying it ourselves, I've been reading up on it and it seems like a fun thing to learn.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Dodge wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:That looks like a really cool project. How much longer do you think it'll take?

Woe

I'm hoping to have it running by next weekend then i'm going to start bodywork. We're going to make a paintbooth outa the carport and try spraying it ourselves, I've been reading up on it and it seems like a fun thing to learn.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

please post pics of progress of the paint booth.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 pm

How much was the carport? wub
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:06 pm

ehh 900 i think..the mexicans built it well...
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:19 am

nice dodge..
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Hey Underpants Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:32 pm

TITS OR GTFO DODGE.
Hey Underpants
Hey Underpants
1981: Indonesian vessel Tamponas 2 capsizes. 580 people die on a ship named for a tampon. : (

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:20 pm

CARPORT ON HEAD

IF NOT LOOP
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:46 am

woe...it moves

Woefull build thread Pose1
Woefull build thread Pose2
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:48 am

WOE! I mean, WHOA! :)
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:51 am

Goddammit, this is making me think of that dream again. :aris:
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:05 am

i feel a disturbance in the force.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 am

I cant wait to get it painted, I think its going to be a pretty nice looking car when its all said and done, I really like the custom spoiler I had made for it, kinda a retro look.

Then i'm going to start saving for a built longblock to build a KA24DET off of...need to save up about 4 grand though
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:15 am

it's looking good. i actually saw a red 240 yesterday and wondered how your project was coming along.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:18 am

That thing really needs better tail lights, and I know you don't want the kouki tail lights. So I found these, the ones on the bottom would look good with the black.

Woefull build thread Dmax-180-taillight
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:20 am

eww i hate clear lenses...period....the smoked ones don't look awful, but pretty boring.

If anything i might smoke the stock ambers a little bit, but I really like them just the way it is.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:29 am

Well thought I could help. But once again my ideas have been shot down. :smelly: Woe
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dent Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:09 am

Nice - looking good.
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:18 am

haha Dodge is turning into Arthur Dent! haha! Get ready for a couple dozen kids.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:21 am

I have to admit it is looking good dodge. I am jealous. I swear I'll never have a fun car. Woe
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:55 am

SBF wrote:Well thought I could help. But once again my ideas have been shot down. :smelly: Woe

I'm just stubborn i'm sorry lol, I really like the tail lights you picked the wrong with to want to change haha.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:19 pm

SBF wrote:I have to admit it is looking good dodge. I am jealous. I swear I'll never have a fun car. Woe

:undies:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:41 pm

Nice. You're making me want to spend money on my car, haha
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 pm

You know what, when I finally get a house in the next 6 months, I can start working on my Rx-7. Then in the next 10 years I'll have a fun car to drive.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 pm

SBF wrote:You know what, when I finally get a house in the next 6 months, I can start working on my Rx-7. Then in the next 10 years I'll have a fun car to drive.

Haha, or you could just spend some money and buy something used that's a bit newer and in good condition. You could probably attain that a lot sooner.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:51 pm

Nah, I want to build my Rx-7. I'm planning to get a '10 Camaro in the next few years, that will suffice for a newer fun car.

I have a rare model and I'm into shit like that, so I want to restore it.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:56 pm

SBF wrote:Nah, I want to build my Rx-7. I'm planning to get a '10 Camaro in the next few years, that will suffice for a newer fun car.

Yeah, that's understandable. I didn't know you were planning on getting a new camaro, that should be a fun ride. I'm still not sure what I want to do with my car if anything at all. I just don't know what I'd get to replace it that I'd be happy with.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:58 pm

the outer peninsula of washington is home to the secret collection of meticulously restored older cars. i couldn't drive for more than a few minutes without seeing a mint 69 camaro or 65 mustang, etc.

i guess that's all they do out there.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 pm

Omni wrote:
SBF wrote:You know what, when I finally get a house in the next 6 months, I can start working on my Rx-7. Then in the next 10 years I'll have a fun car to drive.

Haha, or you could just spend some money and buy something used that's a bit newer and in good condition. You could probably attain that a lot sooner.

theres nothing quite as satisfying as driving a car you built though
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Omni wrote:
SBF wrote:Nah, I want to build my Rx-7. I'm planning to get a '10 Camaro in the next few years, that will suffice for a newer fun car.

Yeah, that's understandable. I didn't know you were planning on getting a new camaro, that should be a fun ride. I'm still not sure what I want to do with my car if anything at all. I just don't know what I'd get to replace it that I'd be happy with.

That's hard, you can't go from a fun car to lesser car without feeling it. When I had my '65 Chevelle, I loved that thing; a classic, RWD, V8 w/ 2-speed Powerglide. I loved that car. Then I got my Rx-7, wow, did I love that car. It handled awesome and for 100 hp, it got up and went. Then it went down hill from there, I got a Cadillac Eldorado and then my Toyota Wagon. I had Maxima for a few months but trans took a shit and I didn't have $2000 to fix it.

I know it sounds stupid, but driving hasn't felt the same since I drove my Rx-7. It's been a bore due to all the crappy cars I've owned.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:20 pm

SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

That's hard, you can't go from a fun car to lesser car without feeling it. When I had my '65 Chevelle, I loved that thing; a classic, RWD, V8 w/ 2-speed Powerglide. I loved that car. Then I got my Rx-7, wow, did I love that car. It handled awesome and for 100 hp, it got up and went. Then it went down hill from there, I got a Cadillac Eldorado and then my Toyota Wagon. I had Maxima for a few months but trans took a shit and I didn't have $2000 to fix it.

I know it sounds stupid, but driving hasn't felt the same since I drove my Rx-7. It's been a bore due to all the crappy cars I've owned.

Which is why it makes sense to never own an exciting car. No expectations, no disappointments.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Dodge wrote:
Omni wrote:

theres nothing quite as satisfying as driving a car you built though

The only thing that is dissatisfying is when shit fails after you're done. My dad and I built his '66 Corvair and probably about 3 months after doing it, it spun a rod bearing, so the engine came back out and we rebuilt it.

But on the other hand, I'd rather have it happen on something I spent my time and money building rather than paying somebody to do it. It's a lot cheaper that way, you gain more knowledge of your own vehicle, and you learn from your mistakes.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:45 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

Which is why it makes sense to never own an exciting car. No expectations, no disappointments.

Yeah but if you own a Civic like yours, modify the suspension, exhaust, short throw shifter, anything that's not a major power mod. You get used to driving it like that, then decide it time to go buy a Camry. You're gonna be itching to get something different. You can make any car exciting by doing minimal mods.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:51 pm

SBF wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

Yeah but if you own a Civic like yours, modify the suspension, exhaust, short throw shifter, anything that's not a major power mod. You get used to driving it like that, then decide it time to go buy a Camry. You're gonna be itching to get something different. You can make any car exciting by doing minimal mods.

Exactly! Which is why I'll never do that. If anything we should strive to make our exciting cars gradually more boring so that, when we're required to make that shift to a Camry, or a Minivan we'll be prepared for the inevitable mundaine driving experience!
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:09 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
SBF wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

Exactly! Which is why I'll never do that. If anything we should strive to make our exciting cars gradually more boring so that, when we're required to make that shift to a Camry, or a Minivan we'll be prepared for the inevitable mundaine driving experience!

Wow, you're gonna die an early death. It's going to be from complications of WOE. :<_<:
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:12 pm

SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

It doesn't sound stupid at all. I owned a beat up '90 accord, then a '93 escort station wagon (88hp mind you) then a '91 eclipse gsx (the worst car I've ever owned that often had me on the verge of losing my sanity), and finally my '02 WRX. It's hard to imagine going back to anything less and I don't think I ever could. The only problem is that the tranny in said cars isn't really very great at supporting mods so I just don't know if it's worth it. I'll tell you one thing though, I'll never go back to an older car like that eclipse unless I have a newer fun daily driver and space to actually work on a car. I love my townhouse but the lack of a garage does kind of suck. I'll be here for awhile but I could see moving within 10 years.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:14 pm

SBF wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
SBF wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

Wow, you're gonna die an early death. It's going to be from complications of WOE. :<_<:

I have you there! I've been gradually building up my woe tolerance for the last 25 years. If you start disappointing babies early, by the time their an adolescent they're already well equipped to handle the vast disappointments of adult life.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/johnson_johnson_introduces_nothing
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next