Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF the repub running mate is kind of hot.

+13
The_Edge
Omni
milleniahead
ryguy79
JaysonAych
big_jesus
Aristotle
Les_Vipers_rule
Storm
Talon
ascona
xtine
TheWoerus
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WTF the repub running mate is kind of hot. Empty WTF the repub running mate is kind of hot.

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:06 pm

TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

WTF the repub running mate is kind of hot. Empty Re: WTF the repub running mate is kind of hot.

Post by xtine Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:17 pm

:roflmao: Everyone's been talking about her today.
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

WTF the repub running mate is kind of hot. Empty Re: WTF the repub running mate is kind of hot.

Post by ascona Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:18 pm

my new doctor-in-training is cutie-hot too :)
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:21 pm

xtine wrote::roflmao: Everyone's been talking about her today.

This is an odd move for McCain. You just know he's trying to snag the house-wife Clinton supporters.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:26 pm

TheWoerus wrote:

This is an odd move for McCain. You just know he's trying to snag the house-wife Clinton supporters.

I saw it as a way to play up what everyone is hyping up about Obama. She's young and future-oriented and a fresh face. Plus, she has the same novelty factor, being a woman, as Obama has, being a black man.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 pm

xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

I saw it as a way to play up what everyone is hyping up about Obama. She's young and future-oriented and a fresh face. Plus, she has the same novelty factor, being a woman, as Obama has, being a black man.

Except that she's pro-NRA, and anti-choice.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:21 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

Which is completely outside what I was saying.

Besides, I don't necessarily see being pro-NRA as a bad thing.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:33 pm

xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

Which is completely outside what I was saying.

Besides, I don't necessarily see being pro-NRA as a bad thing.

I don't see the novelty in traditional republican values after 8 years of traditional republican values.

And, 2nd amendment issues aside, I'm against any organization that would put out a 'black list' like this:

http://www.nrablacklist.com/

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

It's an absurd organization.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:39 pm

It's a bit like PETA in some respects with the extremism but, until there's another organization that is willing to protect the second amendment --- and there very well may be that there IS one and I don't know it --- I'm going to have to rely on the NRA.

You're totally missing my point about Palin, which is fine. Both parties are bringing out all their shiny toys to distract people from looking too close at political beliefs. It's going to be a tough election because they both make me roll my eyes and I can't fully stand behind either party right now.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Besides, I never said I thought McCain's reasons for declaring her vice presidency were good ones. My point is, he's playing off the things that people like about Obama and selecting a candidate that will (in his eyes) reflect those things --- the whole future-orientated FIRST_____ (vice) PRESIDENT! blah blah blah --- except, you know, as a Republican.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:54 pm

xtine wrote:Besides, I never said I thought McCain's reasons for declaring her vice presidency were good ones. My point is, he's playing off the things that people like about Obama and selecting a candidate that will (in his eyes) reflect those things --- the whole future-orientated FIRST_____ (vice) PRESIDENT! blah blah blah --- except, you know, as a Republican.

She's still a stupid choice. There have to be better women in the Republican party to choose. Women who aren't entirely inexperienced, unknown, and embroiled in scandals (as apparently she is - involving a friend's ex-husband she was trying to have fired).
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:56 pm

xtine wrote:It's a bit like PETA in some respects with the extremism but, until there's another organization that is willing to protect the second amendment --- and there very well may be that there IS one and I don't know it --- I'm going to have to rely on the NRA.

You're totally missing my point about Palin, which is fine. Both parties are bringing out all their shiny toys to distract people from looking too close at political beliefs. It's going to be a tough election because they both make me roll my eyes and I can't fully stand behind either party right now.

I think this is way too cynical. These aren't shiny toys. These are real politicians who's opinions and decisions will be affecting us, one way or the other. Obama laid out his platform last night. I don't see any distraction.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:58 pm

well, a woman is better than a black man. if you want i could explain this to the fullest extent of the matter, but if nobody's interested, i'm not gonna type it all out . .
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Ascona wrote:well, a woman is better than a black man. if you want i could explain this to the fullest extent of the matter, but if nobody's interested, i'm not gonna type it all out . .

You're right. No one is interested in seeing a post full of vitriol and hatred.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Cougar!
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Man, her kids' names: Willow, Bristol, and Piper. Rich white people names if I ever heard 'em. Her eight month old son's name is Trig Paxon, so that's not any better.

Shit's like Dynasty. Very Happy
Storm
Storm
Drinking a refreshing glass of my tears

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:31 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
xtine wrote:It's a bit like PETA in some respects with the extremism but, until there's another organization that is willing to protect the second amendment --- and there very well may be that there IS one and I don't know it --- I'm going to have to rely on the NRA.

I think this is way too cynical. These aren't shiny toys. These are real politicians who's opinions and decisions will be affecting us, one way or the other. Obama laid out his platform last night. I don't see any distraction.

That would be a great statement if politicians were the pure, truthful people you seem to think they are. (Or maybe you're being purposely obtuse.) They like gimmicks, they like doing what they can to put people in their pockets. It's how it's always been and probably always will be. Someone may be a good candidate but them being charming or pretty or black or female or young is certainly a huge point in their favor, at least as far as their party is concerned.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:35 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Ascona wrote:well, a woman is better than a black man. if you want i could explain this to the fullest extent of the matter, but if nobody's interested, i'm not gonna type it all out . .

You're right. No one is interested in seeing a post full of vitriol and hatred.

it wouldn't really be filled with hatred, or even racism, for that matter . . . au contraire, mon ami . . .

it would be filled with despise and real life true people's views on todays society, and pissed off-ness against the shittyness that's called political correctnes, and america's urge to prove they are. . .

and i'm drunk hahaha
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:53 pm

So much for the Republicans talking about lack of experience. What if McCain dies in office? This two year sitting governor in one of the USA's lowest populated, least diversified states will become President. So if McCain and the Republican party are willing to take a chance on that then they can no longer question Obama's experience. And yes without malice nor want it is not unreasonable to think that McCain may die in office. BTW she is under investigation for inappropriate actions in trying to get her former brother in law fired from the police force.

She has virtually no social, politcal and economic things in common with Hillary Clinton and I think women who support Hillary will soon see that she is a hard core right winger and social conservative.

Women too, the next President is likely going to nominate 3 justices to the Supreme Court and McCain has noted he will nominate more Scalia's and Thomas's who will likely overturn Roe v Wade. Think about it women and guys make sure women voters you know understand this if they have yet to see it.

Oh yeah and women thinking about voting McCain, remember he has in public and recorded called his owen wife a CUNT!

Last edited by Les_Vipers_rule on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:So much for the Republicans talking about lack of experience. What if McCain dies in office? This two year sitting governor in one of the USA's lowest populated states will become President. So if McCain and the Republican party are willing to take a chance on that then they can no longer question Obama's experience. And yes without malice nor want it is not unreasonable to think that McCain may die in office. BTW she is under investigation for inappropriate actions in trying to get her former brother in law fired from the police force.

She has virtually no social, politcal and economic things in common with Hillary Clinton and I think women who support Hillary will soon see that she is a hard core right winger and social conservative.

Women too, The next President is likely going to nominate 3 justices to the Supreme Court and McCain has noted he will nominate more Scalia's and Thomas who will likely overturn Roe v Wade. Think about it women and guys make surer women voter you know understand this.

Oh yeah and women thinking about voting McCain, remember he has in public and recorded called his owen wife a CUNT!

methinks you're very probama
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:03 pm

the problem with obama is that he'l get alot of votes of people who'll vote obama, just to show how PC they are, just cause they've voted for a black dude.
people voting for obama, cause they think he's the better candidate, well, they're just right. people voting for obama cause he's black and want to prove their PC-ness, well, basicly they should be killed on grounds of being too stupid to live.

and on that ground, women are "better" to vote on, mainly cause they don't ring the PC bell as much as black people do. cause "racism's bad, y'know"

i don't think the anti-women thing is soo much in power these days they would actually ring a politicly correctness bell as much as the black guy thing does.

that's why voting on a woman is better than voting on a black dude. also, i'm not discussing any points of view here. i just dislike obama cause he'll get alot of those soccer mums proving their correctness by voting for a black man . . .
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:08 pm

Ascona wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:So much for the Republicans talking about lack of experience. What if McCain dies in office? This two year sitting governor in one of the USA's lowest populated states will become President. So if McCain and the Republican party are willing to take a chance on that then they can no longer question Obama's experience. And yes without malice nor want it is not unreasonable to think that McCain may die in office. BTW she is under investigation for inappropriate actions in trying to get her former brother in law fired from the police force.

Women too, The next President is likely going to nominate 3 justices to the Supreme Court and McCain has noted he will nominate more Scalia's and Thomas who will likely overturn Roe v Wade. Think about it women and guys make surer women voter you know understand this.

I'm pro Obama because even with his flaws he is a progressive and the USA needs one more than at any time I've seen in my life.

Folks McCain and the Republicans think she is capable of being Commander in Chief if McCain were to die. Not Obama but her. Look if Obama were to die in office the US gets a very experienced Joe Biden. If McCain dies the US get this junior governor... Think about it!
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Ascona wrote:

I'm pro Obama because even with his flaws he is a progressive and the USA needs one more than at any time I've seen in my life.

that's just pooftah's for "look how not-racist i am, i even voted a
black guy for president"
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:12 pm

xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

That would be a great statement if politicians were the pure, truthful people you seem to think they are. (Or maybe you're being purposely obtuse.) They like gimmicks, they like doing what they can to put people in their pockets. It's how it's always been and probably always will be. Someone may be a good candidate but them being charming or pretty or black or female or young is certainly a huge point in their favor, at least as far as their party is concerned.

Honestly, I'm sick of this sort of thinking. The world isn't full of shit. And I'm willing to honestly believe that Obama is speaking genuinely. Do I honestly believe he'll be able to get everything finished? No. Of course not. Do I agree with everything he says? Again, no. But this isn't the same old same old. This isn't voting for the "lesser of two evils".
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:14 pm

Ascona wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Ascona wrote:

black guy for president"

Whatever man. There's no talking to you if you honestly believe that.

In any event this is not based on race. If Rice was running for President I wouldn't have voted for her. If Clarence Thomas somehow removed himself from the USSC and ran for president I wouldn't vote for him either
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm

people are cracking on mccain for picking this woman, but she's a smart lady, and she's young, pro-oil drilling, etc. it's most definitely mccain's attempt to not look like the current administration populated by old, white, rich guys.

unfortunately, it could backfire, because they're already questioning her ability to be president, in the event that mccain goes crazy, which is almost certain to happen within the next 4 years.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Aristotle wrote:people are cracking on mccain for picking this woman, but she's a smart lady, and she's young, pro-oil drilling, etc. it's most definitely mccain's attempt to not look like the current administration populated by old, white, rich guys.

unfortunately, it could backfire, because they're already questioning her ability to be president, in the event that mccain goes crazy, which is almost certain to happen within the next 4 years.

I think that there are a few things wrong with the decision. The first, in my mind, is like you said, she's incredibly young and inexperienced. More so than Obama in my mind. So that takes the wind of the sails of the argument that Obama is too young and inexperienced to lead. They're forwarding her as a serious candidate for being President. Especially considering McCain's age. Secondly, my suspicion is that this was motivated to poach former Clinton supporters. However, given this woman's stance on abortion I suspect that most of those who supported Clinton won't be anxious to support her.

I'm personally pretty anti-drilling myself, but that obviously won't hurt her.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:42 pm

i think everyone believes that she's a tool to try and lure away the female voters.

the funny thing is that the drilling is going to happen, regardless of who gets elected. public opinion has tilted in favor of drilling by a fairly wide margin. i think what's going to happen is all the regions except for the ANWR are going to be opened. ANWR will be the region the dems won't budge on, and the republicans will settle for not drilling there, in order to get the bill through.

i think summer recess ends next week or the week after, so it's going to be a contentious couple of months, if parties are trying to get legislation passed. alternatively, oil prices have stabilized currently, so either side may try to hold off on real legislation until after the elections.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Ascona wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Ascona wrote:

black guy for president"

congratulations, ascona. you sound even fucking stupider than les at his worst. moron.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Ascona wrote:the problem with obama is that he'l get alot of votes of people who'll vote obama, just to show how PC they are, just cause they've voted for a black dude.

you are stupid. a vote is a private thing. what happens in the booth is completely private. nobody knows. you can say what you want on the outside, but that moment in there isyour own.
that means your stupid theory is worth the runny shit that it stinks like.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
a trollop and a cunt.

i think calling your wife a trollop and a cunt is probably a more honest reflection of what you really think of women than a pandering political decision is.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:30 pm

big_jesus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
a trollop and a cunt.

i think calling your wife a trollop and a cunt is probably a more honest reflection of what you really think of women than a pandering political decision is.

frankly, it's probably the onset of alzheimer's.

seriously.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:15 am

TheWoerus wrote:

That's the thing about it...it seems like such a short-term band aid to gain some attention, one that will no longer be effective come November. And the GOP can't harp on Obama's experience anymore, because they'll fire back with hey...at least he worked in the Federal Government representing one of the most populous states in the union, from city dwellers in Chicago to farmers near Mount Vernon. She was mayor of a small town and governor of an Arctic wasteland for a couple of years.

I'd rather McCain have picked Michael Palin. If he can pull off selling someone a dead bird, then he can deal with Dmitry Medvedev.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:17 am

Storm wrote:Man, her kids' names: Willow, Bristol, and Piper. Rich white people names if I ever heard 'em. Her eight month old son's name is Trig Paxon, so that's not any better.

Shit's like Dynasty. Very Happy

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:20 am

JaysonAych wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

That's the thing about it...it seems like such a short-term band aid to gain some attention, one that will no longer be effective come November. And the GOP can't harp on Obama's experience anymore, because they'll fire back with hey...at least he worked in the Federal Government representing one of the most populous states in the union, from city dwellers in Chicago to farmers near Mount Vernon. She was mayor of a small town and governor of an Arctic wasteland for a couple of years.

I'd rather McCain have picked Michael Palin. If he can pull off selling someone a dead bird, then he can deal with Dmitry Medvedev.

Michael Palin would make a better V.P. than this shill that McCain throws up. Just think McCain dies and she is then considered the BEST Republican for the job. How freaking out of step is McCain and the RNC?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:49 am

WTF the repub running mate is kind of hot. Bfw_3610
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:38 am

While on the subject of the 'Pubes, in this close election where McCain needs a good convention to top what the Dems put together...isn't it poetic justice that Gustav is looking to hit New Orleans when the RNC opens? I mean, New Orleans was half-destroyed 3 years ago and the slow reacting government led by Bush's horse-show director pissed off a lot of people. Now a new disaster that will take up a lot of news coverage is going to take away from the RNC, largely because the last hurricane and the shitty reaction that followed are going to prompt people to tune into that to see what happens this time.

And I'm interested to see what happens with McCain's acceptance speech...seeing as how at the same time he gives that, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants will be opening up the NFL season and a lot of people will be watching that instead :roflmao: :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:36 pm

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 am

Ascona wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Ascona wrote:

black guy for president"

you're an idiot. for the 1,000,000th time.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:31 am

anyway, i think this choice is totally ridiculous. the gop pundits keep harping on the fact that she's got 'executive experience' and Obama doesn't. Less than 2 years and Alaska has less than 700,000 people! There are mayors with greater experience.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next