Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saint's Row 2

+5
dunnas
Aristotle
Omni
Honor
zdc_LarryRX
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saint's Row 2 Empty Saint's Row 2

Post by zdc_LarryRX Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:12 am

zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Saint's Row 2 Empty Re: Saint's Row 2

Post by Honor Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:09 pm

im looking forward to sr2 wub
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Haha, nice. I never played the original but that game does look pretty awesome.
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:55 am

:smelly:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:00 pm

Aristotle wrote::smelly:

BUY ONE YOU CHEAP FUCK :curses: (PS3 so I can kick your ass)

Find some 80's chlothes and go bummin' :cheers: Bring the pictures you make everyday and sell'em on the street.

P.S. Are there any tunnels under construction in Seattle? Because I'm cuttin' some of the rebar thats going out that way. Better watch out!!! :bigjesus: HAHAAAHHHAAAHAHAHAH
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:16 pm

No, xbox360 :curses:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:53 pm

ps3 is gay

360 rules
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:13 am

honor man wrote:ps3 is gay

360 rules

What games do you even own for the ps3?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:31 am

motorstorm, gt5 prologue, and metal gear solid 4.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:19 am

honor man wrote:motorstorm, gt5 prologue, and metal gear solid 4.
Do you think it even worth having one really? I'd like a blu ray player but I don't know what else is even on ps3 that I can't play on the 360.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:40 pm

i dont know, i mean our hdtvs are relatively small and its not like we have some premium sound systems for them or anything. do you think the difference between blu ray and normal dvd would even be that noticeable on anything but really expensive systems? even if it were i dont know if id say it was a good purchase at least for me since i dont watch movies much. but i guess it would be good for someone who watches them more often. other than that i see no reason to buy one. theres some good games on it yeah, but not enough to justify buying one imo. 360 fo life foo!
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:05 am

honor man wrote:i dont know, i mean our hdtvs are relatively small and its not like we have some premium sound systems for them or anything. do you think the difference between blu ray and normal dvd would even be that noticeable on anything but really expensive systems? even if it were i dont know if id say it was a good purchase at least for me since i dont watch movies much. but i guess it would be good for someone who watches them more often. other than that i see no reason to buy one. theres some good games on it yeah, but not enough to justify buying one imo. 360 fo life foo!

I'd get a big tv first :saynomore: Also, I really notice the difference between regular and HDTV even on my 28 inch.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:35 am

So I've rented Saints Row 2, and I'm having some fun with it. Graphically, it's a big step down from the GTA4, at least in terms of the car models. Enviroments are okay, as are the human models, but still not quite as polished as GTA4. But there's a lot more you can do in the game. It's somewhere between GTA4 and San Andreas in terms of things to do and places to go. Some good writing, good characters, and good jokes...cutscenes are better here than in GTA4 for those reasons. However, I didn't play SR1, and the game from time to time does not explain certain plot points or characters very well and I think most of the time it's because SR2 assumes I played SR1 and I already know some things, which is kinda lame.

A lot of neat fun things in the game too. The "FUZZ" missions were fun...you're masquerading as a police officer doing a film for a "COPS"-style show, and you get to use all kinds of unnecessary force on perps. You'll get a call to take down some "violent protesters" (they're not at all...they're hippies with signs) and be asked to use a flamethrower while doing it. :roflmao:

And I was surprised by something...while listening to the 80s station, "Take on Me" came on, and my character started to badly sing along with the song the whole way through :roflmao:

Character customization is robust. So much so that I found this shop that sold fingerless leather gloves, and as soon as I saw them an idea formed, and when I finally found all the right pieces for the clothing puzzle in my mind, I put this together just for shits and giggles :roflmao: :roflmao:

Saint's Row 2 Lara210
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:06 pm

i can't believe you niggas is hatin on the ps3.

ps3 > xbox 360
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:10 am

In terms of cost, yes -_-
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:18 am

:smelly:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:54 am

Aristotle wrote:i can't believe you niggas is hatin on the ps3.

ps3 > xbox 360
The 360 is so much better I bought a 2nd one last week. ^_^

As a back up since my original was getting fixed from RROD. :smellywub:

Now I have a Wii, a PS3 and 2 360's. :unsure:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:50 pm

how is the 360 better, though?
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm not saying it's better...but any differences between the two systems this time around are barely perceptible. I've seen many side-by-side comparos of games and there's just very little difference in most games, if any at all. The libraries are such PS3 doesn't really have more than a couple of important exclusives, and the ones they do have aren't killer apps. I really don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having a PS3, as everything I want is on the XBox 360 and just as good as any PS3 counterparts.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 pm

i'm just being argumentative. however, i actually do prefer the sony because of god of war, metal gear, little big planet, and gran tourismo. the only downside for me would be fable II. i loved the first one. oh, and halo. great game.

of course being that i don't own either of them, i'm just a magazine racer. :undies:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:42 am

Aristotle wrote:how is the 360 better, though?

better controller, better online interface and community, lower cost
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:03 pm

yeah, that's true about the controller. i don't know who the hell sony had in mind when they came up with that shit.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:19 pm

I love my 360 except when it crashes when playing Forza2...... but I'm still getting a PS3 just for GT5 when it comes out. Maybe.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Aristotle wrote:yeah, that's true about the controller. i don't know who the hell sony had in mind when they came up with that shit.

its still a matter of opinion of course, i mean talon loves the ps3 controller and hates the 360's. but to me and alot of other people the ps3 one feels like holding a brick compared to the 360's. the 360's is just is so much more ergonomic and better laid out in general. i dont understand why sony would spend ungodly amounts of money making the ps3 and then use the same old controller they came up with 15 years ago. ok yeah, it has some analog buttons now but its still the same controller more or less that the ps1 used. lame.

its a shame it sucks so much really, thats why i hardly ever touch my ps3. i wonder if someone makes an adapter that would let me use the 360's controller on one? :huh:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:51 pm

I'm just waiting for the prices to come down.

I think I'd like the Sony video game entertainment system because it also has the new-fangled "blue ray".
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:51 pm

yeah, i agree, wally. having a blu-ray player would be sweet.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:53 pm

honor man wrote:
Aristotle wrote:yeah, that's true about the controller. i don't know who the hell sony had in mind when they came up with that shit.

its still a matter of opinion of course, i mean talon loves the ps3 controller and hates the 360's. but to me and alot of other people the ps3 one feels like holding a brick compared to the 360's. the 360's is just is so much more ergonomic and better laid out in general. i dont understand why sony would spend ungodly amounts of money making the ps3 and then use the same old controller they came up with 15 years ago. ok yeah, it has some analog buttons now but its still the same controller more or less that the ps1 used. lame.

its a shame it sucks so much really, thats why i hardly ever touch my ps3. i wonder if someone makes an adapter that would let me use the 360's controller on one? :huh:

i've always thought that the xbox controllers were higher quality. they're also much more smash-resistant.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:27 pm

Aristotle wrote:yeah, i agree, wally. having a blu-ray player would be sweet.
:sonofscreamo:

I just want it so I can get the Planet Earth / Blue Planet Blue Ray disks.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:28 pm

man those fucking things would rule so hard
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:35 pm

Aristotle wrote:man those fucking things would rule so hard

Pretty soon the only nature we have left is going to be those DVDs.... an National Geographic.

Might as well stock up now.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:36 pm

seriously dude. it's only a matter of time before fucking blu-ray dvds are the only evidence that there were rain forests.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:40 pm

Aristotle wrote:seriously dude. it's only a matter of time before fucking blu-ray dvds are the only evidence that there were rain forests.

But it's seriously just like being there.

Without the possibility of being eaten by a Jaguar XK120.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:46 pm

considering that i have a cat, i think there would be a nice bit of irony in my being consumed by a member of the felinae family.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:46 pm

buy 'planet earth' on blu-ray and get a free panther!
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:21 am

Aristotle wrote:buy 'planet earth' on blu-ray and get a free panther!

?

Saint's Row 2 Img_2510
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:18 am

nope

Saint's Row 2 Hueybobby
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Not yet

Saint's Row 2 Pink-panther-poster-2
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:57 am

honor man wrote:

You sir, explain the uselessness of the PS3 controler nicely.

It just hurts your hand after a while.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 am

Last edited by dunnas on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:42 pm

back to sr2, ive played a bit over half of it. alright game, doesnt hold a candle to gta4 imo though. the story, characters, graphics, physics, and animations just arent nearly as good. lots of customization options and more activities to do though. cool weapons too (think HK G36 style gun with grenade launcher attachment). but just like its predecessor its a bit glitchy. cars have a habit of disappearing right in front of you, and occasionally it freezes your console up. id give it a 7.5-8 out of 10.

but yeah, the characters all suck and are pieces of shit and I dont give a damn about them at all like I did with Niko and Roman.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum