Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ten Cars That Try Too Hard To Be Cool

+2
Tailhappy
xtine
6 posters

Go down

Ten Cars That Try Too Hard To Be Cool Empty Ten Cars That Try Too Hard To Be Cool

Post by xtine Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:42 pm

xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Ten Cars That Try Too Hard To Be Cool Empty Re: Ten Cars That Try Too Hard To Be Cool

Post by Tailhappy Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Are you on Jalopnik? You should post in oppo. I can get you access. We need more vag... women. There.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Ten Cars That Try Too Hard To Be Cool Empty Re: Ten Cars That Try Too Hard To Be Cool

Post by JaysonAych Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:30 am

I saw you, Tailhappy, doing a huge back and forth pun thread on an article a couple of days ago. I was impressed.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:41 am

Good none of the cars I own, have owned, or build are on that list

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Tailhappy wrote:Are you on Jalopnik? You should post in oppo. I can get you access. We need more vag... women. There.

No and no. ^_^
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Actually it's a BS article that is 100% subjective, probably written/suggested by some ricer dudes who have Honda Civic's with a big wings slapped on its back and fart can exhausts as well as likely an eff'n autobox to boot.

None of the cars listed are lame or trying too hard to be cool. They are all good vehicles, some better than others. They all have appreciably decent to good looks and good general performance numbers as well as good value. Sure some personally I would not buy but if I had any of them I'd not feel like the car or that I'm trying to be too cool.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Really an SSR was not trying too hard to be cool?

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:42 pm

1300ZUK wrote:Really an SSR was not trying too hard to be cool?

Define cool?

The SSR was trying to be a niche and a product for someone looking at driving a vehicle that just looked different. It's not my cup of tea but so be it. A number of cars on that list would not be to my tastes but that does not mean they are not cool, interesting, or unique.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:21 pm

I actually kind of agree with this list.
the Eclipse was cool until the 3g came out and then it was just pathetic. The SSR was cool at first glance, but it wasn't a truck, it was a truck-shaped roadster. and it failed at being sporty as it couldn't handle, and initially came with a gutless engine. it did get an LS2 eventually, but it was still somewhat neutered, and it still handled like its suspension wasn't attached to anything.
I think the reason it's so egregious is that it was supposed to be the Camaro's replacement, but it was a rather poor one.
It's failure though probably showed those morons in charge back then at the RenCen that they did in fact need a Camaro.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:05 am

Initially, the PT Cruiser was a pretty good idea. A small wagon that made buyers not think of it as a wagon, but a cool retromobile. For a buyer looking for a cheap people mover with some cargo space, it really stood out from the crowd and boasted proud 'Murican flair. Its big problem was that in the run up to its release, it seemed like it might also be powerful and fun to drive and that was not so much the case when it debuted. After a few years, it became played out and decidedly uncool, but they kept building the damn things long after everyone stopped caring about them.

Personally I think the Prowler deserves to be on there more than the PT Cruiser. It's one thing to put a cheap chintzy interior on an economy wagon, but the Prowler cost 3 times as much and its interior boasted the absolute worst the 90s had to offer. Plus, the Prowler had real sporting pretensions and looked like it would eat Mustangs for breakfast, then rolled out of the factory with a pretty tame V6.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 am

JaysonAych wrote:I saw you, Tailhappy, doing a huge back and forth pun thread on an article a couple of days ago. I was impressed.

I get bored at work, and Jalopnik is one of the few sites that's completely un-blocked. Plus its like a popular AF in oppositelock (was moreso before the last redesign, with the popular NSFW section), because lots of people post there.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:44 am

Of COURSE the article is 100% subjective; the title alone indicates it's going to be an opinion piece. :roflmao:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down