Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin F1 Race

+3
Tailhappy
Talon
thewalrus
7 posters

Go down

Austin F1 Race Empty Austin F1 Race

Post by thewalrus Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Any of you guys going to watch it? I haven't seen an F1 race in a while now, but I think this would be pretty cool to catch - the first US F1 race in a while, and on a completely new track. Wish these was still an American or Canadian driver to cheer for though. :jay:
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Austin F1 Race Empty Re: Austin F1 Race

Post by Talon Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 pm

I'll definitely be watching. Only missed a couple races all year. I really wanted to go but it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully next year...
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 pm

They're racing what where??

Austin F1 Race PhilipHerrick-AA
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Benfolio wrote:They're racing what where??

Austin F1 Race PhilipHerrick-AA

You better the fuck not be implying that Sprites are anything less than completely awesome.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Is this tomorrow?
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:34 am

Yes. New track thats supposed to be quite good. F1 is a clusterfuck at the moment though - far too many rule changes and politics are killing it.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:26 am

I'm waiting to see this track on TV. So far, I'm not that impressed with it. It looks too industrial to me.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 am

SBF wrote:I'm waiting to see this track on TV. So far, I'm not that impressed with it. It looks too industrial to me.

Well Hermann Tilke only half designed this one, so hopefully it will only be half shit.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 am

The announcers had really good things to say about it yesterday during qualifying. I've watched more F1 this year than any other year combined. I agree with Penz, where there are way too much politics... but I still like watching those amazing machines be put to the test so I watch anyway,

I am pulling for Team Lotus. They seems to always be up there with Ferrari, Red Bull, and Mercedes but just never quite good enough to be a threat.

RG has made some dumbass mistakes this year, but he seems to have such bad luck otherwise. I think he's a good driver, he just needs to keep himself out of trouble.

Kimi is doing really well and I was really happy to see him get the win last race at Abu Dhabi; he's currently sitting third in the championship. It was a good call to bring him back.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:37 am

Grosjean has shown he's a fast driver - too bad it's random whether collisions are deemed racing incidents or penalty-worthy.

That track is by far the best of the new circuits. Unlike the rest there is no boring phase where the cars just go through a technical part with no hope of passes or serious mistakes.

I feel that there's about the same amount of politics and rule meddling as ever. The main thing is you will never see a more talented bunch of drivers in cars with different strengths and weaknesses.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:34 pm

thewalrus wrote:

You better the fuck not be implying that Sprites are anything less than completely awesome.

I heard racing Austins....

First F1 race I've seen in awhile, and I was entertained. I hope F1 figures out what the fuck they're doing (seem to be on the right track) next year, and the Austin race sticks around. Great track.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:54 am

Swerve wrote: The main thing is you will never see a more talented bunch of drivers in cars with different strengths and weaknesses.

Senna, Mansell, Prost, Piquet, etc. would beg to differ on that. That really was the "good old days" of Formula 1.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:52 am

Turbojett wrote:
Swerve wrote: The main thing is you will never see a more talented bunch of drivers in cars with different strengths and weaknesses.

Senna, Mansell, Prost, Piquet, etc. would beg to differ on that. That really was the "good old days" of Formula 1.

Yeah, and only a couple of years later the likes of Schumacher and Hakkinen appeared. There are some very talented designers out there today making average drivers look good.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:56 am

Turbojett wrote:

Rose tinted glasses maybe. I feel like Senna is above comparison - a Bruce Lee style legend. But the rest of them are overrated when you only remember their amazing moments. Schumacher with his slow reactions was still better than any of them and Alonso and Vettel are a notch above him.

Kimi and Lewis are ridiculously talented and yet they both only fluked titles in the company of the present stars.

There's no doubting the 80s and 90s drivers had scarier cars to drive and some spectacular accomplishments. But a lot of the time there was only one dominant car, leading to the only competition coming from teammates. Constant minor instances in races these days that are immediately forgotten, such as Vettel's lighting reflexes while dodging a pitting Schumacher a few tracks ago, I'm not sure could have been accomplished by every driver on your list.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. Stirling Moss thinks Schumacher was the worst world champion ever because he made so many mistakes and would have been killed many times over in an earlier F1. I think that sort of attitude overlooks the real world and the true class of modern competition.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down