Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grid 2

5 posters

Go down

Grid 2  Empty Grid 2

Post by SBF Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm

I know not everyone was a fan of the first Grid. It's more arcade-y than say Forza, but I enjoyed it none the less. Well Codemasters is coming out with Grid 2 and by the couple videos here, I like the way it's looking. I have to say I'm looking forward to it.

But what I like the most: Chicago Track!!!!

The California Coast looks pretty awesome.

SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Grid 2  Empty Re: Grid 2

Post by Tailhappy Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah I saw those, and wasn't impressed on how you can just drift or bounce off other cars and maintain your line and speed. Not very realistic, too much like NFS.
I played the last Grid demo, and liked the graphics and sound effects, but the physics was just too weird to get used to.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Yeah, I had the first GRID game, and it definitely handled weird. The Le Mans races started getting tedious with the prototype cars, especially since the wonky handling seemed to have input delays as you got to the fastest cars. AI seemed to slip through the Porsche Curves with no problem, and I had to slow way down because the game seemed to not register the fact that I was turning the wheel.

And the new one has no cockpit view. Boo.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:23 pm

I dunno, I like the arcade like handling. It was a break from the Simulator like handling of Forza.

Do we know for sure there's not cockpit view? If it doesn't that does suck.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:45 pm

I played the first one. It was alright, but there are better arcade racers out there. I'll probably play it though. Right now I'm looking forward to Forza Horizon and hoping it doesn't suck.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Demo comes out Tuesday! I need to clear some space on my HD.....
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:21 pm

I always preferred bumper view in racing games. I get to see everything around me without interruption. That's more important to me than a neatly rendered interior that blocks two thirds of my outward view.

Grid was okay for a while, but I lost interest in it; it was just so frusrating to play. it was very arcadey handling, and it did seem like the AI could go through corners flat while you had to slow down. and it anoyed me to no end that no matter how far ahead you were in one section, you make one small mistake, or go around a corner one MPH too slow, and the AI are all over your ass like Ugly on a Lancia. And for pete's sake, when I kiss a wall, I'd like NOT to get suctioned onto it for the next mile and a half. And don't get me started on those idiotic demo derbys and the utterly profound lack of sense or direction.
And it pissed me off that I couldn't name myself "Dan," as I usually go by. It was Daniel or nothing. But that's a minor niggle compared to the rest of it.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down