Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRID - Who has it?

+8
Honor
big_jesus
Tailhappy
VS
dunnas
JaysonAych
zdc_LarryRX
SBF
12 posters

Go down

GRID - Who has it? Empty GRID - Who has it?

Post by SBF Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:57 pm

I picked it up two weeks ago and it has to be one of the most fun racing games I've played in a long time, it's like PGR and Burnout combined. It's basically a newer version of Toca 2 racing.

I enjoy that there is no adjusting settings on the car, it's just GO! The damage is semi-realistic, so your car can get damaged rather bad, Forza is the closest thing to it in damage, but watching your body panels come flying off is excellent. It's also nice that you can participate in Endurance races, but they are not x-amount of hours, every hour is a minute, for example: 24 Hours of Le Mans, is 24 minutes, and to me, it's fun to participate in such a race with out getting bored. You can actually build a race team and select the other driver to race with you (of course the chudd that I selected only does good in open wheel races). The fact that you can acquire sponsors and sort through them and select which ones are the best. The race flashback is awesome, something I've never seen before, I've used it several times. It's nice too that the AI actually will fuck up when racing.

Downfalls: The fact that 90% of the Japanese races are drifting competitions is aggravating. Not that many cars kind of sucks too, I wish there would be more Touring Cars besides the BMW and Chevy Lacetti. Some races are set up rather unfairly, like the Dodge race and it was Vipers and Challengers, can you figure which one dominated the race?

Other than that, I really like it.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

GRID - Who has it? Empty Re: GRID - Who has it?

Post by zdc_LarryRX Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:26 pm

I downloaded the demo :cheers:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:06 am

I have it. It is indeed really fun, but short on the little things that would make it truly epic. I hate that you can't save replays, which is inexcusable in the era of HDD equipped consoles. Car selection is a bit thin, but I've had fun with all of them...in fact, just for shits and giggles, I usually take the Lacetti in the touring car events and it holds its own :roflmao:

I like the fact that the 24 Hours of Le Mans is the capper to each season, but it doesn't offer many options to make the time more adjustable in season (out of season, you can change up the time all you want). While doing 4 laps on the Circuit de la Sarthe is definitely more preferable to doing 24 hours, I'd like to have the option to stretch the time scale out a bit to maybe long enough to do 10 laps or so. Heck extending the laps on normal races would be good too, as sometimes a 2-lap race at Okatuna (sp?) is too short to really have a fun time. And maybe it's just me, but it seems like those prototype class cars handle like complete shit, both at la Sarthe and in any other Le Mans series race. Pit stops would be a very nice addition as well. And yeah, those drift challenges are absolute crap.

But the racing itself is fantastic and very engaging. Very good pulse-pounding action, and the replay music has some good tunes. The flashback feature is great...I'd like to see that put into more games. I think they should tweak the number of flashbacks you get though. Having one difficulty level give you 4, then the one right above it zero is silly I think...there should be an in-between where you get maybe 2. I like the idea of building a team and having a teammate, but I think that idea could be expanded upon even further.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:11 am

The drift races are the best parts, you noob. :smellywub:
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 pm

This title is hilarious to me because they used to call aids GRID. Gay related immuno-deficiency
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:16 pm

dunnas wrote:The drift races are the best parts, you noob. :smellywub:

I didn't say they were bad, I just wish there was more of Pro Tuned races.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:42 am

SBF wrote:
dunnas wrote:The drift races are the best parts, you noob. :smellywub:

I didn't say they were bad, I just wish there was more of Pro Tuned races.

Yeah, the drifting is okay in small doses and on certain tracks, but there are too many of those events. I'd liked to have seen more of the Pro Tuned and the Touge racing in that area.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:45 am

VS wrote:This title is hilarious to me because they used to call aids GRID. Gay related immuno-deficiency

Thanks for stealing my joke, asshole.

Shit, was gonna link to the proof, but that fuck raska took the search offline, and baleeted all the old posts.

:curses:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 pm

he didn't do jack shit but watch as the site devolved into quivering shit.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:43 am

They put out the soundtrack a little while ago, and I just found out about it.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:20 am

Im playing GRID, and it's REALLY pissing me the fuck off. So much stupid shit. Why do I always start in like 10th place no matter what? Why cant I qualify? I hate having to worry about trying to pass all the idiots in the other cars and spinning out or getting pinned agianst the wall half the time. Im faster than them, I race better than them. When I actually get ahead of them all I leave them in the fucking dust. Geting past them is a fucking BITCH alot of the time. And the demolitioon derby races, forget about it. Ill finally manage to get in first, be good for a few laps, and then some fuckin tool will be going over the opposite jump from me and t-bone me, flipping me over and making me lose like 4 ranks. Now how the fuck am i supposed to avoid that? Slow down and look both ways like im going across a fucking railroad crossing only to have the comp pass me? FUCK.

Oh and why do some of the tracks have TRUCKS, BULLDOZERS, STEEL BEAMS, ETC SITTING ON THE FUCKING TRACK WAITING TO BE RUN INTO? WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK??
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:05 am

I WOULDN'T KNOW. I DON'T HAVE A GODDAMN XBOX. :curses:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:26 am

Aristotle wrote:I WOULDN'T KNOW. I DON'T HAVE A GODDAMN XBOX. :curses:

+1 :undies:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 am

I couldn't get used to the steering controls on that game. Ruined it for me... :nextgencry:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm

what, it won't let you use the joystick to steer??
They do have it on PS3 as well, BTW. Or at least they did last time I checked.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:35 pm

^Huh? Yea, I used the joysticks but the physics was off to me.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down