Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I really, really thought this would come from Florida

+2
Honor
xtine
6 posters

Go down

I really, really thought this would come from Florida Empty I really, really thought this would come from Florida

Post by xtine Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:18 pm

SANFORD (NEWS CENTER) -- Sanford fire officials say fireworks are the cause of an early morning fire on Main Street.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one apartment, that's where they discovered a bathtub full of illegal fireworks.

24-year-old Shawn Dennis was staying in the apartment and suffered minor burns in the fire. He was treated, then arrested and charged with arson for setting off the fireworks.

Lisa Johnson arrived home to find her apartment building evacuated, she lives right next door to where the fire started.

"It doesn't surprise me with that tenant, it doesn't surprise me, there's a lot of loudness up there all the time," said Johnson.

Dennis is being held on $5,000 bail at the York County Jail.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=89972&catid=2

(Don't even get me started on the comma splicing.)

However, this does come from Florida --- my hometown no less. :talon2:

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- A Fort Myers man could face life in prison for making fireworks in his apartment.

Police say at least 16 surrounding units had to be evacuated Wednesday while authorities cleared out Brian Bartlow's bedroom.

Detective Jeff Nibarger says Bartlow's neighbors are lucky, because situations like this aren't usually discovered until there's an accident. Bartlow's fireworks were found Wednesday when the condo association conducted a routine pest control sweep.

Bartlow is facing 25 felony counts of making explosives. He could also face federal charges and a maximum sentence of life in prison, if convicted.

Bartlow was released from jail Thursday on a $39,500 bond.
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I really, really thought this would come from Florida Empty Re: I really, really thought this would come from Florida

Post by Honor Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:22 pm

life in prison? :gah
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I really, really thought this would come from Florida Empty Re: I really, really thought this would come from Florida

Post by xtine Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:25 pm

I think I went to school with this guy.

When questioned by Fort Myers police Detective Jeff Nibarger on Wednesday about whether he was licensed to make fireworks, Bartlow reportedly responded, "You need a license to make fireworks?"

Bartlow, tattooed with the words, "It's good beautiful," was released Thursday morning from Lee County Jail on $39,500 bail. It does not appear he has any prior criminal history.

http://news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080627/NEWS0110/806270400/1085/RSS0110

I really, really thought this would come from Florida 50063362an7
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:12 pm

it's not like everywhere you go, it's spread out one needs a license to make fireworks.

seriously? my mates used to do it as a kid all the time :)
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:41 pm

the homeys up the street have been lighting off fireworks each night around here.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Honor Kleinberger wrote:life in prison? :gah

Yeah, that's insane. My stepdad used to know a guy who built pipeb0mbs and blew them up under ground and shit. He told him that one time he threw one off a bridge and when it blew up in the water the bridge shook. The dude died in a car accident a few years later.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:42 am

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one apartment, that's where they discovered a bathtub full of illegal fireworks.

I so hoped to see that the dumbass had gotten into the bathtub with the fireworks and lit it as part of some Jackass homage.

It's obvious though that he'd have to store them in the one place in the apartment that wasn't being used.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down